Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Even though I’m in Texas, and don’t have a VIN yet, I smashed the “upload insurance” link. It simply asks for policy number and expiration. An SA said that was fine to do as long as insurance is updated once a VIN is received.

Feels good to see that completed task. Who knows, maybe it will trick the system into speeding up my MYP.

General consensus has been, even in states that require the VIN for insurance, put your existing car's insurance info into the Tesla Portal to complete that step.

The portal allows you to update / replace insurance info as time goes on.
Definitely easy to update/replace. I uploaded insurance for my first VIN and they took the VIN away. I kept the insurance for the old VIN in my account until after I scheduled delivery. I asked the SA about the deadline for insurance and he said the day before pickup/delivery is fine. So for people who can't upload insurance with the proper VIN, I would say just upload your insurance for your current vehicle and just update it right before pickup/delivery.

Atleast I have a hangover to focus on and nurse today instead of focusing on the disappointment of not having a MY today. Wife decided to go test drive bmw’s, benzes and land rovers today without me to find something I might like more than the MY… way above the MY budget.
Haha. That’s why we stopped with the Model Y test drive. The ride is so much better than our Subaru Forester, so we were like “yep we’re sold” even though others have said the ride is more stiff, but for us is seems way better than anything we have owned. But we didn’t test drive Audi, bmw or any other cars that are in that luxury class, even though I wouldn’t consider the M3 and MY luxury.

Reactions: PatrickTM
Haha. That’s why we stopped with the Model Y test drive. The ride is so much better than our Subaru Forester, so we were like “yep we’re sold” even though others have said the ride is more stiff, but for us is seems way better than anything we have owned. But we didn’t test drive Audi, bmw or any other cars that are in that luxury class, even though I wouldn’t consider the M3 and MY luxury.
Just curious - why wouldnt you consider M3 or MY luxury?

Joe, I'm also upgrading from a subaru forester to a MYLR - keeping the forester (which we like) for my wife since we can't afford 2 teslas right now.

Life after getting a VIN, but no email/message/communication from Tesla to schedule delivery.

1627854278904.png

Does anyone know what the Marietta, GA location is used for? It thought it was service only, but there is a parking lot with 25 -30 vehicles that appear to be new. Plastic over the front ends and door handles, etc. several MYPs there yesterday
I'll be taking delivery in Alpharetta which is another 30 minute drive for me compared to Marietta - which is not an option for pickup/delivery.

EDD moved from Aug 14- Aug 29 to Aug 16 - Sept 5, and I'll be on vacation for a large chunk of that window... haven't been able to get in touch with my SA either just to see what will happen if I get assigned a VIN during a period when I'm out of state.... Ordered on May 14, but had a delivery hold until the last week of June. Hoping things shift a little right and work out for September.

MSM/Black LR, 5 Seats, Gemini, Tow Package, no FSD.

EDD moved from Aug 14- Aug 29 to Aug 16 - Sept 5, and I'll be on vacation for a large chunk of that window... haven't been able to get in touch with my SA either just to see what will happen if I get assigned a VIN during a period when I'm out of state.... Ordered on May 14, but had a delivery hold until the last week of June. Hoping things shift a little right and work out for September.

MSM/Black LR, 5 Seats, Gemini, Tow Package, no FSD.
We have the same config! I'm also on vacation during that window but I have zero confidence in receiving a vehicle during that time, so no stress. :)