Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If this is correct, which I guess I need to do a little more research since this is new information, that would also mean that the factory of Fremont would take care of all of North America and South America would it not? Fremont would take care of Canada, and anything else in our continent?
that's what Elon said on the earnings call. Shanghai is all Europe now on until Giga Berlin is ready

Those in Texas, I have read that we need to pay prior to the MY entering the state. Can anyone confirm? Only reason I ask is because it would make sense we could sit with a VIN longer than others since we have to pay earlier.
You'll likely get a VIN as it builds, then it has to ship via train, then truck into Texas. You'll have a good week to get payment in full done at minimum, unless you get some kind of reassignment of someone else's that was rejected or financing fell through somehow towards end, etc.

Alright. I am not getting up my hopes yet. Because, VINs can be taken away from what I've seen here. However, I checked in the morning around 9AM Central and No EDD, No VIN as usual. However, Around 10:27AM I got an email from Tesla and I thought it might be usual solar bait email. But, I opened it and it had subject 2021 Model Y Financed Final Payment Ready. Immediately pulled up the Tesla account and saw the VIN as 239xx. I haven't prepared for this yet. No financing and I am closing a house on 6th. Hopefully, this is also not a VIN rejected by someone else.
Congrats! No way a 239xxx VIN is a reject. That’s definitely a new build because there hasn’t been any 23xxxx deliveries yet.

Congrats! No way a 239xxx VIN is a reject. That’s definitely a new build because there hasn’t been any 23xxxx deliveries yet.
Thanks! That sounds relieving. Now, I'll hope this doesn't get taken away. Also, I literally haven't waited much and got a VIN. There are lot others here who have been waiting for a while. I hope you all get yours soon.

Thanks! That sounds relieving. Now, I'll hope this doesn't get taken away. Also, I literally haven't waited much and got a VIN. There are lot others here who have been waiting for a while. I hope you all get yours soon.
Yeah, there’s been some 239xxx VIN assignments, but no deliveries of the 239xxx cars yet. Call your SA now to schedule your delivery appt! Of course, no guarantees that they won’t take away your VIN but seeing as how we’re nowhere near EOQ I honestly think that’s VIN-theft is highly unlikely as well. Last quarter it was done mainly to pump up delivery numbers by stealing the cars bound for far away deliveries and giving them to local customers that can take delivery ASAP.

And there’s no discernible rhyme or reason to EDDs, production rates, pace of VIN assignments, etc. in a normal year. In a corona supply-constrained year even weirder stuff will happen. Don’t overthink or try to come up with reasoning it because you’ll just drive yourself crazy lol

Reactions: gkmanu8
I have a feeling, a lot of us are going to be getting Vin numbers, this week. Remember before August, most cars are sent overseas, because the first half of their quarter is overseas and the second half of their quarter is United States deliveries. So I have a feeling that it’s going to start really ramping up starting tomorrow. As they transition to United States deliveries.
This is true for S and X, but not for 3 and Y. My understanding is china fullfills overseas orders

Reactions: PatrickTM
They are and you ordered the exact same config as mine! From what I heard is that it doesn't matter when you ordered it, but that they make batches of the same car so hopefully you and I will both get VINs soon!
The profile completion is key. Even if you ordered in April and just completed the profile today, your queue starts today.

• Informative
Reactions: jpy1980 and moe0059
The profile completion is key. Even if you ordered in April and just completed the profile today, your queue starts today.
I don't disagree, but some people put their vehicles on hold for 3 months and get VINs right away after coming off of hold - so the logic isn't consistent. Either way, doesn't seem to be the best system.

revised 18Aug---3 Sept

Then today estimated delivery back to Oct....oh well at least I have a slot, my name is not the last on the list..
Sometimes I think someone at Tesla is in charge of messing with people on delivery dates. We ordered our blue MYLR on 7/16/21. October delivery date. On the 20th the EDD Changed to 15 Sept ....1 Oct, then a couple days later it changed to 18 Aug to 3 Sept. Next day it was back to Oct...then no date or EDD at all.. Then yesterday 7/21 an EDD of 25 Aug to...03Sept. We were very happy as 25 Aug is our 43rd wedding anniversary and when we placed our order the wife looked at me and said HAPPY ANNIVERSARY. The idea that it MAY actually arrive on that day put a smile on our faces...well today no EDD at all, not OCTOBER or anything...and that after jumping through the hoops of cashing in some mutual funds to pay the difference between our trade in and the total. So now we have all that cash sitting in a bank savings account instead of our mutual funds where it was earning quite a bit more than in a bank savings account, well at leas we are ready to close the deal when they actually do have a car for us. I know it has only been a couple weeks, but I would rather not receive updates all than incorrect miss-information...common Elon, TESLA , you are building the hottest car in the US market, I think you could manage your estimated delivery dates a little better..

Although that sounds pretty probable. My profile was “completed” just two weeks ago. I have no idea why ago but it was. Mine still says that I’m going to get it somewhere between August 15 and September 1. I ordered on May 28.

Reactions: hcdavis3