Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This place is filled with some Q-level conspiracy theories to help people cope. I think the reality is probably closer to them just getting in hundreds of thousands of orders, and constantly making new decisions on how to prioritize based on a ton of variables (part shortages, distance, time, revenue, etc.). Not to mention, you probably have people every day/hour either cancelling or changing their orders, which then throws the whole queue out of whack.

Imagine trying to take a hundred thousand orders, with like...50+ different configurations(?), and then prioritizing that with all the production/logistical complications that go into manufacturing a car. The biggest mistake here is just that they have this stupid EDD range that was probably built for a time when they could be relatively accurate, but that time was probably 6-12 months ago.
What you are saying makes a lot of sense to me. Keeps me positive.

Reactions: sparty96
Yup, there was a delivery of a 19" wheel Model Y less than two days ago. Current Delivery Times

@gisseLdesire, any words of encouragement? Or give us a "it'll be worth it"? LoL
THIS IS COMING FROM THE MOST IMPATIENT PERSON ON THE PLANET, it'll come before you know it.... now is the wait worth it???? HECK YEA!!! Its like amnesia hits the moment you start driving the car or just see it parked. None of the annoying random EDD dates or useless SA's come to mind... It feels like a dream as corny as this sounds.. I came from a 2016 Chevy Tahoe and I loveddddd that thing, but this is beyond words. SO hang in there. IF I MADE IT, we all can lol. This is the happiest ive ever been with a car and I know you all will get it as soon as you receive it.

PS. My "no communication" SA asked me to pleaseeeee give him a good review on the upcoming survey I was like really lol, you gave me no info but hey the car truly does wash away all bad moments.

DO THE CHECK LIST!!! I was sooo excited that my husband had to step in and actually check the car lol.

@paobrien7 @CGeiser @charliev7 @Imeddy8 and anyone I missed in Texas (I’m sorry)

My SA just called me to give me an update. he said my Y should be going into production any day now and I should expect a vin between 8/10-8/17 and delivery between 8/20-8/30. He said obviously this could change but as of right now this is where I stand ☺️ So EDD seems accurate and will put me at 12 weeks since order.

@paobrien7 @CGeiser @charliev7 @Imeddy8 and anyone I missed in Texas (I’m sorry)

My SA just called me to give me an update. he said my Y should be going into production any day now and I should expect a vin between 8/10-8/17 and delivery between 8/20-8/30. He said obviously this could change but as of right now this is where I stand ☺️ So EDD seems accurate and will put me at 12 weeks since order.
Wow thanks for the update. It's odd because my MYLR EDD is still basically September so I fell out of alignment with the rest of y'all.. Fingers crossed.. My work is really slow right now so I have one whole monitor dedicated to updating this and my 2 orders.

THIS IS COMING FROM THE MOST IMPATIENT PERSON ON THE PLANET, it'll come before you know it.... now is the wait worth it???? HECK YEA!!! Its like amnesia hits the moment you start driving the car or just see it parked. None of the annoying random EDD dates or useless SA's come to mind... It feels like a dream as corny as this sounds.. I came from a 2016 Chevy Tahoe and I loveddddd that thing, but this is beyond words. SO hang in there. IF I MADE IT, we all can lol. This is the happiest ive ever been with a car and I know you all will get it as soon as you receive it.

PS. My "no communication" SA asked me to pleaseeeee give him a good review on the upcoming survey I was like really lol, you gave me no info but hey the car truly does wash away all bad moments.

DO THE CHECK LIST!!! I was sooo excited that my husband had to step in and actually check the car lol.
Model Y LR | Deep Blue Metallic | Black Interior | 5 Seat | 19' | No TOW | No FSD | Order Date: 5/26 | Delivered: 08/02 | VIN: 229

You really got an early VIN. 😃

Reactions: josh62294
Wow thanks for the update. It's odd because my MYLR EDD is still basically September so I fell out of alignment with the rest of y'all.. Fingers crossed.. My work is really slow right now so I have one whole monitor dedicated to updating this and my 2 orders.
I love the dedication. I’m a little weary of my “Y going into production any day now” but VIN assignment stretched across an entire week. But whatever I appreciated the fact he reached out to me and let me know what was going on +1 for a considerate SA

Indeed. It was really fun. The community was small but mighty. We helped educate each other and spent hours of our free time making videos and content, long before there were referral prizes. If you can believe it, this community even started a college fund for my son when I was pregnant.

And Tesla themselves published a story about me :)

Welcome Jen to our support group!

You missed your neighbor!! :O (Jk lol) Thanks for the update! Thats again in line with what I was told, so hopes are getting hiiiigh!

Reactions: potter287
Watching EDD and waiting for VIN is a pilgrimage, what you think about name EDD-Y ? Nyah! everyone going through the same agony, not an unique experience and there, eventually we are going to forget it, rarely anyone coming back here. @gisseLdesire thank you for your encouragement.

Indeed. It was really fun. The community was small but mighty. We helped educate each other and spent hours of our free time making videos and content, long before there were referral prizes. If you can believe it, this community even started a college fund for my son when I was pregnant.

And Tesla themselves published a story about me :)

Love it!!!

Would also love your thoughts on Model Y, comparing some experiences against the "classic" Model S, Model 3, and radar-less Model Y when you take delivery. I know AP1 was much more limited in functionality, but hey, at least it didn't phantom brake!

Thank you for this update! We are driving to Austin on 8/21 and I would LOVE to be able to take the MY.

• Love
I’ll keep my fingers crossed for you!! We want to take the Y to visit family in Dallas, so looks like we’ll be able to do that by Labor Day!
My Dad wants to come see the grandkids, but is waiting until I get the car. He's an old school "no replacement for displacement" guy who owns muscle cars. I kind of hope I get the MYP so I can show what the beast can do.