Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This place is filled with some Q-level conspiracy theories to help people cope. I think the reality is probably closer to them just getting in hundreds of thousands of orders, and constantly making new decisions on how to prioritize based on a ton of variables (part shortages, distance, time, revenue, etc.). Not to mention, you probably have people every day/hour either cancelling or changing their orders, which then throws the whole queue out of whack.

Imagine trying to take a hundred thousand orders, with like...50+ different configurations(?), and then prioritizing that with all the production/logistical complications that go into manufacturing a car. The biggest mistake here is just that they have this stupid EDD range that was probably built for a time when they could be relatively accurate, but that time was probably 6-12 months ago.
I am sure you are right, but after 15 weeks of waiting some wacky theories just help the days go by.

I have long pondered the moment for when I would come here and post that I had a VIN, and today is that day! VIN is 245xxx

I first saw it in my account page during my morning check but also received an email. After seeing the same no-VIN page after so many refreshes each day it was pretty surprising to see the Tesla Vision button and then get the VIN.

Car should arrive in SLC on Saturday. Scheduled delivery for Tuesday, but I realize a lot can go wrong between now and then. I'm excited though. :)

Same here! I just got off the phone with my SA, I STILL went to my page for a refresh. I have a problem 😂
I've got my laptop open next to my work monitors with the order page open the whole time I'm in my office working. I've got distill set to auto-refresh every 30 secs and check for any changes in the agreement section & EDD.. and still I refresh manually an embarrassing number of times LOL

Love it!!!

Would also love your thoughts on Model Y, comparing some experiences against the "classic" Model S, Model 3, and radar-less Model Y when you take delivery. I know AP1 was much more limited in functionality, but hey, at least it didn't phantom brake!

I've driven the Model Y (and the S, 3, X, and original Roadster) and have plenty of opinions already. AP 1 is still amazing, to this day, which is why I begrudgingly am paying for FSD on the Y. I can't fathom having to give up features that I *literally* have been using since 8am east coast time on the first day they existed in October 2015. My S is still amazing, drives like the day we brought her home. We're keeping her long term. (If you can believe it, still paying off the 8 year loan...) My 3 leaves a lot to be desired. It's a super early VIN (like 5,000 early) and seems to have been thrown together in a rush. It shakes and rattles and just feels... loose? Idunno. I assumed the Y was just a taller, more functional 3 but never entertained getting one because I didn't know which car to trade in. The S that we adore and is worth almost nothing or the 3 that I didn't want to take a huge depreciation hit on.

Well drove the Y and was blown away. It was SO much better than my 3. May not be so much better than new 3s, but makes mine look like a joke. Still didn't entertain ordering one until stupid twitter kept bragging about high Model 3 trade in values. Put in mine for fun and the value was so high, I couldn't pass it up. What I didn't know at the time was that the delivery wait was so long, the trade in value could be in the toilet by then.

Tesla told me because my reservation is so old I'd jump the line but I'm not holding my breath.

But yes, I'd love to share my impression once I start driving it more than just a few minutes.