Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
my EDD moved one day. Historically this is the first time it moved only front end date while keeping the second date in the range same. Below is my EDD history. DON'T ASK ME WHY I KEEP TRACK OF IT šŸ¤£

View attachment 692921
Why do you keep track of it? šŸ™ƒ jk I feel this in my soul. I take screenshots of my changes bc Iā€™m lazy

This is why as an East Coaster and my EDD being 9/2 - 9/22 I expect to get a VIN assigned before the end of August. If I don't, then I don't think I see a car in Sept... But I have pretty much been in the same EDD range +/- 1wk since mid-June. MA is a bigger area on the East Coast for Tesla so I have high hopes... I see 1/2 dozen M3 and about the same in MY on my 30min commute everyday, not to mention at any one time 3 M3 sitting at chargers at work...
Yeah I am getting prepared to play inventory roulette in the month of September if I don't have a VIN by the end of August, just because last quarter there were way too many VIN matches to people on the east coast and then when the car hit any kind of delay, they rematched the VIN. There were so many that were match with 3+ VINs and walked away from the quarter with no car....I will not be playing that game, if I get matched and they remove it, I will be walking.

I called them again today, as a matter of fact I called three different stores, and I was told that my soft match was moved to the 13th. So my soft match is now eight more days away. But they told me that soft matches are not set in stone, it can be pushed further back still. My loan expires on September 12, if I donā€™t use the loan by then, I would have to reapply for the loan, and Iā€™m just not willing to do that.
Call the loan company - mine does extensions.

Edit: I just realized how many pages back this comment was and that you could very well already have done this! Also... I'm going to project I take delivery on page 1635 of this thread.

No joy for me today. No EDD. I am getting convinced that I am going to get pushed out to next year. The color change was probably not my brightest moment and likely that's what did me in. Should have left it alone. Maybe with the new year, there will be new tax credits and maybe the newer 4680 battery cells. Not all bad.

Kind of where I am in my thinking. Especially with the potential of the tax credits.

Everyone here is waiting for their car. Their MY. How many of you here is waiting for their spouse car? šŸ˜‚ šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

Im getting MY for my wife but she isn't that interested in the waiting game. She is like "it's gets here when it should". I don't know why, but I'm more excited than her and checking the status every 5 mins. Ofcourse I will be driving most of the time and she is ok with that. LOL

I'm in a similar situation... My wife is not a tech person at all and would never give me the satisfaction of admitting that she likes driving my X, even though I know she does.

Out of the blue she started saying that she likes the look of the Y and is sick of paying for gas. With great trade-in prices for cars, she decided to buy her MDX off the lease and use it as a trade for a new Y. We placed the order May 14th but are still waiting for a VIN. The EDD started in June and has slowly moved to October until it disappeared altogether about a week ago...

She keeps joking that she expects the car in 2022 but our SA has said late August so far... I guess we'll see...

I'm in a similar situation... My wife is not a tech person at all and would never give me the satisfaction of admitting that she likes driving my X, even though I know she does.

Out of the blue she started saying that she likes the look of the Y and is sick of paying for gas. With great trade-in prices for cars, she decided to buy her MDX off the lease and use it as a trade for a new Y. We placed the order May 14th but are still waiting for a VIN. The EDD started in June and has slowly moved to October until it disappeared altogether about a week ago...

She keeps joking that she expects the car in 2022 but our SA has said late August so far... I guess we'll see...
it's very likely to get this quarter. EDD disappearing is happening frequently for people, don't worry about it. it will come back some day.

We have a Model 3 as my daily driver, and my wife drives a 2011 Sequoia that gets maybe 13 mpg. We originally planned to get rid of the Sequoia and for her to have the MY, but she now works from home permanently and only drives maybe a few miles here and there for errands/kid stuff occasionally. I drive a lot for work and the extra range (I have a SR+ M3 so not a ton of range) of the MY will help me out and save me from supercharging on my longer commutes I do a couple times a month. So she is going to take the M3 and Iā€™m getting the MY.

my EDD moved one day. Historically this is the first time it moved only front end date while keeping the second date in the range same. Below is my EDD history. DON'T ASK ME WHY I KEEP TRACK OF IT šŸ¤£

View attachment 692921
Um I thought we all had our own personal tracker. As you can see today marks the start of my original 9-13 weeks estimate. I am in the process of setting up more charts but I will not be sharing my full data because then everyone will see how sick I am for trying to make sense of their EDD process

Attachments

• Tesla EDD Tracker.png
    Tesla EDD Tracker.png
    380.2 KB · Views: 44
I donā€™t post here often but I thought it was worth providing an update on my thinking. Just found out from my SA that my finance approval is good through September 12th. My OD was June 5th and like many of you I have had EDDs all over the place. I currently have no EDD. I recently put down a REFUNDABLE $100 deposit to reserve a Hyundai Ioniq 5. Up until recently every car in my family was a Hyundai (Genesis, Santa Fe, Sonata) and Iā€™ve had a good track record with them. More importantly, it looks like a great vehicle and has the exact same tow rating as the MY.

Iā€™m not going to renew my finance app if it expires before I get a MY. Itā€™s likely going to be October before I hear anything. The Ioniq 5 is due in ā€œthe fallā€ and the concierge rep who called me when I made the reservation said itā€™s likely to be out late September early October. I will have an interesting decision to make if thatā€™s the case. In all honesty, it wouldnā€™t surprise me if the Ioniq 5 is out before I hear anything from Tesla. They definitely have quite a bit to learn about client communication. Iā€™m in software customer success leadership and could never get away with something like this.

The good news is, having an alternative has allowed me to be less stressed out about the state of my MYLR order. Itā€™s certainly too late to worry about the value of my current vehicle. That ship has sailed. I will admit that the inflated value of my F150 was a factor in my decision to order a MY. It would have allowed me to put down a sizable deposit. Iā€™m committed to having an EV now so Iā€™m less focused on the cost.

I hope this helps the EDD trackers on this channel.

Been lurking here for a few days but I thought Iā€™d join in on the madness. I ordered a blue, MYLR, 5, white interior, stock everything else on July 2. Was originally given the 10-12 week estimate and the EDDs starts have fluctuated between late August and mid September since. Then of course I was caught in Octobergedden for a few days. Then got a 9/12-30 for a few days and just got updated to no EDD this morning. Who knew supply chain management was such an emotional roller coaster šŸ¤·šŸ»ā€ā™‚ļø

Anyways - hello fellow anxious masochists!
And Iā€™m back to 9/12-30 after a day of no EDD. Iā€™m noticing the daily EDD updates are starting to come in a little later this month than they did last month.

Also, unrelated, my trade in value has dropped $2k since I ordered šŸ˜­

We have a Model 3 as my daily driver, and my wife drives a 2011 Sequoia that gets maybe 13 mpg. We originally planned to get rid of the Sequoia and for her to have the MY, but she now works from home permanently and only drives maybe a few miles here and there for errands/kid stuff occasionally. I drive a lot for work and the extra range (I have a SR+ M3 so not a ton of range) of the MY will help me out and save me from supercharging on my longer commutes I do a couple times a month. So she is going to take the M3 and Iā€™m getting the MY.
My model 3 is my DD and I had to get a Y because I birthed a GIANT baby and the model 3 with rear facing car seat is just stressful for me. I have to position him horizontally to put him in and have my husband sit in the back seat to help pivot his body so we donā€™t smack his head on the roof šŸ˜‚

they just updated. definitely seem to be giving priority to the performance vs long range.

daily edd:
mylr order (3/30) = August 22 - September 11 (prev. day change: -1/-1)
myp order (8/3) = August 19 - September 02 (prev. day change: -9/-15)
more twists and turns. long range with a strong move to the inside rail while performance seems to be on the struggle bus. upset brewing???

daily edd:
mylr order (3/30) = August 20 - September 2 (prev. day change: -2 days/-9 days)
myp order (8/3) = 6-8 Weeks (prev. day change: +2 weeks/+2 weeks)