Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I've been thinking about this thread and what it says about us and Tesla. It's a great place to hang out and vent about what Tesla is "doing" to us, but I've come to the realization we are spoiled brats. Hell, we're worse than Millenials! (That's a joke guys. I'm a Baby Boomer.) I may be all wrong, but I don't know of any other auto manufacturer that:

Allows you to reserve a car with $100 down.
Allows you to change the specs after you've ordered a car.
Allows you to recieve free updates to your car after you've ordered it.
Allows you to cancel your order at any time for any reason.
Allows you to ship it most anywhere regardless of where you purchased it.
Allows you to put your order on hold.
And in my case allow me to keep the original price from my original order hold date.

Until last night I didn't even have an EDD (Sep. 2 to 22 Now 4-24). If it hadn't been for my SA I wouldn't have known if Tesla still had my order. I can complain with the best of them, but when I think about it I find myself saying "Damn, that's pretty cool." And for just $100 no less.

Last edited:
Mine too…when I first started this journey it was valued at $2k higher than it is now. And the crazy thing that is different than almost everyone on here that I have seen is that Tesla’s offer for trade-in was within a couple hundred dollars of private party value on KBB, and several thousand higher than Carvana and Vroom.
Teslas offer was 33k while CarMax was 36. Now it’s down to 34k 😭Carvana and Vroom were both way lower. At this point I’m just not gonna check until I’ve got a vin and a delivery notification.

Reactions: GoGators!
I'm just going to say this. I'm tired of hearing everyone got the vaccine! Why? Because we all know that there are microchips in the vaccine and I just realized THAT is why our cars are being delayed. All of the chips needed for lumbar support and to make the horn sound like a fart are being shot into the arms of people!!

So please, people. Stop getting the vaccine.

(No, really. Please DO get it)

Teslas offer was 33k while CarMax was 36. Now it’s down to 34k 😭Carvana and Vroom were both way lower. At this point I’m just not gonna check until I’ve got a vin and a delivery notification.
I’ve decided the same…I haven’t checked in about a month and I’m not going to anymore.
I didn’t put a trade-in when I ordered the MY, and I picked cash, but I do plan to trade-in (depending on updated rates when the times come) and finance it and will just have the SA change it once I get my VIN.

Reactions: PatrickTM
I'm just going to say this. I'm tired of hearing everyone got the vaccine! Why? Because we all know that there are microchips in the vaccine and I just realized THAT is why our cars are being delayed. All of the chips needed for lumbar support and to make the horn sound like a fart are being shot into the arms of people!!

So please, people. Stop getting the vaccine.

(No, really. Please DO get it
my 5G has never been better since getting it

Hey @CSTARZZ, hang in there my fellow Floridian. You ordered 10 days after I did and I'm sincerely hoping you get your VIN soon. I kinda wish our order dates were reversed because now that I know what your line of work is, I'd totally hire you to come pick me up in your Tesla and drive me to the delivery center in Fort Myers to pick up my car!

Awwwww 🥺🥺🥺 this is what I dread about my little one getting older

It goes fast. Way too fast. I blinked and my son will now be heading off to college in a few weeks & will be 7 hours away. His 1st year ended up being at home with remote learning due to the pandemic, so in retrospect I imagine this year will be pretty similar here at home. Instead of always in his room 24x7 he'll be in a dorm. I'll still text him asking what he had for dinner, how his day was, and if he needs anything. It will be just like he's living here!

Wow, now I feel a lot better about him leaving!

My wife has stopped asking me every morning if there is any Tesla update. I think I’m brooding LOL

EDD is 08/07 - 08/20.
Would absolutely love to have the car before going out of town 08/18.

side note - I swear I’m seeing so many more Tesla’s around SLC now. It’s replaced the slug bug for my wife and I lol.
I swear there is a Tesla on every other corner in NYC now too. And Long Island is loaded with them. I’ve been away on active duty for a year since last June and the entire dynamic went from literally none to driving next to one every few miles.

For anyone interested, here are all the different ways I'm tracking. Trying to pass my Elon's time.

LOL I thought I was silly for having a countdown app on my phone for the S. It's probably why the wait is burned into my brain - 108 days.

Can't really count the Model 3 as a "wait" since I* ordered it 3/31/16 pre-reveal and the car didn't really exist until late 2017.

*By I ordered, I mean I had someone pretend to be my husband and order in store on our behalf while we were on a plane headed to LA for the unveiling since I just KNEW there'd be 50k reservations. (There were 100k by the time the event started)

It goes fast. Way too fast. I blinked and my son will now be heading off to college in a few weeks & will be 7 hours away. His 1st year ended up being at home with remote learning due to the pandemic, so in retrospect I imagine this year will be pretty similar here at home. Instead of always in his room 24x7 he'll be in a dorm. I'll still text him asking what he had for dinner, how his day was, and if he needs anything. It will be just like he's living here!

Wow, now I feel a lot better about him leaving!
I didn’t sign up for this feels trip, y’all 🥺

thats so sweet and heartwarming, you sound like a wonderful parent! ❤️