Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Oh yeah, definitely willing to share! People on this thread come and go, and I've shared my story before, don't mind sharing again.

We are a small Air Force family, just my wife and I. When we moved from Georgia to LA back in 2016, we downsized to one car (2015 Prius) to make the drive across the country easier. Turns out with a Vespa (impulse buy in LA) and living in West LA/Beach Cities one car and one scooter was more than enough transportation for our needs. It helps that we worked in close proximity to one another, and year round perpetual 75 degree sunny weather is 👌 Vespa weather. We moved to Boston in 2020 mid pandemic, and now both working from home ~90% means the one car life continues!

That being said, wife is planning a career change, and will attend vocational school early 2022. So she'll need to drive. I expect I'll gradually increase my in-office presence at some point in 2022, at least to set a good example for the rest of my team...but who the hell knows right now...I'm healthy/young, don't have kids or elderly in my household, wife and I are vaccinated, but I don't want my team to rush back or get sick. Soooo long story, we've decided to release hold mid November, take delivery in 2022Q1. The last five years of one car has been a massive savings booster, which is why we're barely comfortable with buying a $50k+ car, and I don't mind waiting a few more months to continue boosting savings, since I don't foresee a real need for a second car until New Year at a minimum. A lot of folks here on here are very comfortable dropping money on BMWs and other nice cars, but I grew up in a 6 car household (BMW, Mercedes, 2 Explorers, Olds, & Nissan) and then my parents went bankrupt in 2008 because we had a home construction business. That bankruptcy and lifestyle change was quite scarring as teenager and now I'm financially stable, and fortunate + privileged to have my family, health, career, support network, etc...but still trying to overcome some my cheap tendencies, so still having mixed emotions about the Model Y. People talk about cheap grandparents that lived through The Great Depression and whatnot, never comfortable with anything deemed luxurious, well I secretly sympathize with them haha.

Well look at me, using you guys as free therapy again...
That’s awesome!! Thank you for your service to our country 🇺🇸❤️ I definitely respect your frugality and financial responsibility, but also wholeheartedly believe that our service members sacrifice so much already, you should be able to enjoy your MY as a luxury, you deserve it!!

I’m honestly totally relieved to hear that your story and plan is logical and thoughtful, not just “oh, I’m waiting for a MY from Austin” lol. Thanks for letting me be nosy 😉

How does it work for those of us financing our cars, do we provide an EDD on our payments arriving? Kidding....kidding.

As I approach my delivery date, I realize I will miss staying current on this forum with you all. But the cycle is we fade away a tiny bit when a VIN is received, a bit more as a delivery date is scheduled, and then even more as we take delivery. It is the cycle of this forum (subtle pun for the Peloton crew that surfaced today).

It is awesome to see the newer July and August orders come in and take over the forum; helping others and providing the answers. I still think of the April and May orders and shake my fist at Elon on your behalf daily. Can't forget about ya'll (had to reference the Texas crew one more time).

I will be a little quieter on the forum but will still watch for a tag to help where I can if needed.
yep.. i'm noticing the first phase of fade from @potter287

Anyone have experience with Carvana, Vroom, etc? Especially with a vehicle that still has a loan attached to it? Their offer is $4500 more than Tesla's for my trade, but if I count in the tax savings I'd get by doing the trade in on the Tesla purchase, the difference ends up being around $1k.

Vroom seemed to indicate they take the vehicle and then send me a check in 2-3 days, so ummm... no. Unless they're talking about sending me a check after paying off loan, getting title, etc.
We had an excellent experience with Carvana. We had some equity on our Acadia, which they paid to us via immediate direct deposit. After my husband signed the sale docs, the Carvana employee pressed a button on his iPad and said we should check our account for the deposit. We were so shocked the funds were actually already there. They paid off the remainder of our credit union loan within a few days. Seriously, the easiest car transaction I have ever experienced and I would do it again in a heartbeat. If their offer for your car is fair, I would definitely recommend pursuing it.

Lots of pages to go through...but it seems like we're sharing Peloton LB names? Add me - I'll add back :) #BobaNinja

On that note, today feels like a Cody type of day!
Omg, I love him!! I don’t have a peloton, but my brother-in-law sends me Cody’s videos all the time and I always crack up

The real question is will I get my Tesla before this thread hits 2000 pages. It is currently averaging 21.13 (from 1000-1317) pages per day which is a huge improvement from the first 1000 pages which was averaging 8.8 pages per day.

At this rate we will hit 2000 on September 13th.
21.13 pages a day, my lord. It's so hard to stay current here LOL

• Funny
Reactions: PatrickTM
have seen some pattern of north and south carolina orders taking longer. i have seen some MSM orders still pending in carolina from april or something. what could be the reason? Is there some state restrictions or rules?
There's a few of us. SCs in Raleigh and Charlotte. The NC Waiting room has seen 1 VIN announcement in like 2 months... from my perspective, YES! It is definitely taking longer! I've been hawking the LRs anyway and they are few and far between. @MBx4 ordered a MYP though on 3 Aug from a suburb of Raleigh and is due to take possession at the end of the month so who knows?

No unusual rules/restrictions on Tesla in NC.

Anyone have experience with Carvana, Vroom, etc? Especially with a vehicle that still has a loan attached to it? Their offer is $4500 more than Tesla's for my trade, but if I count in the tax savings I'd get by doing the trade in on the Tesla purchase, the difference ends up being around $1k.

Vroom seemed to indicate they take the vehicle and then send me a check in 2-3 days, so ummm... no. Unless they're talking about sending me a check after paying off loan, getting title, etc.
My Carvana experience was stellar. They paid $5k more than CarMax or locals. Set a pickup time, showed up on time, checked the odometer, handed me a check, loaded car and pulled out. Would absolutely do business with them again. Painless, almost enjoyable, experience.

My SA finally got back to me after some time out of the office. She originally stated a Vin happening during the last week of July but that never happened. She advised today that I should expect it within 48 hours and that things got delayed by *2 weeks* due to the bioweapon defense production shift.

I’m skeptical, but still interested to know if she actually does have a bit more insight. Guess we’ll see over the weekend.

Website current estimate is Sept 18th - 30th. Pretty much the same exact EoQ dates I had in June for the Q2 rush.

Reactions: TESRP and JR9386
There's a few of us. SCs in Raleigh and Charlotte. The NC Waiting room has seen 1 VIN announcement in like 2 months... from my perspective, YES! It is definitely taking longer! I've been hawking the LRs anyway and they are few and far between. @MBx4 ordered a MYP though on 3 Aug from a suburb of Raleigh and is due to take possession at the end of the month so who knows?

No unusual rules/restrictions on Tesla in NC.
I’m (im)patiently waiting in NC too. Excruciating!