Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered a LR White/White Model Y on 7/31
Shows Dec 3-Jan 2 for estimated delivery
I'm actually hoping to get mine pushed out a bit as I don't need a car just yet and I want mine to come from Giga Austin with new 4680 hopefully!
There is no guarantee that Austin build will have 4680 as Elon syays they are not ready to scale up the battery build. There is also no guarantee that it will have longer range than the current build as Tesla might cut back on the number of batteries to comply with the initial order specifications of range etc. Also, and a big Also, if it took Fremont 2 years to get the panel gap and build quality op to speed what do you think you will get from a factory that is creating with all new robots and brand new workers on a totally new to them car? I'll stick to my order and enjoy the MY I get. (when ever it gets here)

It seems many people who just got their VINs are in the 250xxx range. I got my VIN on Thursday and it was 247xxx. Is that strange? Feels like maybe my car was sitting around? Or maybe just traveling across the country?

I think it probably doesn’t matter - but thought it was strange.
Thats crazy! A lot of us June orders haven't gotten a vin and you did!

There is no guarantee that Austin build will have 4680 as Elon syays they are not ready to scale up the battery build. There is also no guarantee that it will have longer range than the current build as Tesla might cut back on the number of batteries to comply with the initial order specifications of range etc. Also, and a big Also, if it took Fremont 2 years to get the panel gap and build quality op to speed what do you think you will get from a factory that is creating with all new robots and brand new workers on a totally new to them car? I'll stick to my order and enjoy the MY I get. (when ever it gets here)
EXACTLY

Reactions: josh62294
Got a VIN! 243xxx and EDD changed to 14-17 Aug. Pressed the blue button and all was good. Logged in again to see if there was any updates or delivery info and now the VIN is gone and EDD is January. Do I start freaking out or is this normal?
Sorry to be rude or burst a bubble, alot of has have beginning June orders and its strange your July one already got fulfilled people who ordered in July got an EDD of October or November so maybe thats why your VIN got taken away unfortunately to prioritize maybe a May Order or June Order.

I think whenever that happens it WILL have a full complement of batteries, but they'll be throttled by software. Then you'll get the button to add another 100 miles of range and half the acceleration boost for $5,000. And everybody will push it. Then they'll get the button for another 75 miles of range and the other half of the acceleration boost for another $3,000, and most folks will push it too.

When they switch production, they'll switch production, regardless of what you ordered. And if you want more performance than you paid for, you'll have to pay for it. And that's ok, it's the way it should be.

Last edited:
My delivery date has jumped to a window of Nov 29 - Dec 29 after it was beginning of the each month earlier. For an early August order date, should I expect delivery before the end of the year? I ordered the MYLR in silver, 5 seat, no self driving, standard wheels, and a tow hitch if that makes a difference. I'm seriously looking at the Ioniq 5 or (more likely) the EV6 if the delivery date is pushed into next year. Also considering changing to a MYP since delivery times are a lot shorter.

Reactions: TESRP
My delivery date has jumped to a window of Nov 29 - Dec 29 after it was beginning of the each month earlier. For an early August order date, should I expect delivery before the end of the year? I ordered the MYLR in silver, 5 seat, no self driving, standard wheels, and a tow hitch if that makes a difference. I'm seriously looking at the Ioniq 5 or (more likely) the EV6 if the delivery date is pushed into next year. Also considering changing to a MYP since delivery times are a lot shorter.
What was it showing when you ordered? I'd say you're on the bubble whether or not you get it before end of the year.

Reactions: PatrickTM
Got a VIN! 243xxx and EDD changed to 14-17 Aug. Pressed the blue button and all was good. Logged in again to see if there was any updates or delivery info and now the VIN is gone and EDD is January. Do I start freaking out or is this normal?
Dude, you getting a VIN for the exact same stock build in California with your order and profile completion dates over a month after mine is a big, fat slap onto my sad, teared-up from waiting face.

Quick Q for everyone that is picking up their cars instead of having it delivered: When you pick up, where do you actually pick it up? At a showroom or service center or delivery center? The reason I ask is that I read that some people who pick up their cars, find issues/blemishes, and get it fixed on the spot. How do I setup mine to have that option as well? I am having my car delivered to my house, but I dont mind picking up if I can have it fixed of any issues on the spot.

Reactions: JR9386
I think it's pretty much par for the course. You might not get it before the new year. I ordered June 1st with end of June EDD. Here we are.

In that case I'll figure out if it's worth getting the MYP with how much I'll save estimating a mid/late December delivery. With how much I spend on gas/maintenance on my car, it might be worth getting it 2ish months sooner. It'll probably be a couple thousand dollar difference at the end of the day to get the extra power in the MYP.

Quick Q for everyone that is picking up their cars instead of having it delivered: When you pick up, where do you actually pick it up? At a showroom or service center or delivery center? The reason I ask is that I read that some people who pick up their cars, find issues/blemishes, and get it fixed on the spot. How do I setup mine to have that option as well? I am having my car delivered to my house, but I dont mind picking up if I can have it fixed of any issues on the spot.

If you're new to Tesla you should learn now!!! Tesla does not do "on the spot".......
Make an appointment.

But if you can pick up your car, do it and make an itemized list if you find anything. Make sure they have noted the items. Take the car home and continue looking. You only have so much time..

Reactions: TESRP