Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Having a requisite bourbon over ice as I ruminate over the fact the I still don’t have a VIN for my 5/31 order.

i’m beginning to think that all Tesla model Y‘s that are ordered on the last day of the month have to be made by virgins. that has to be the holdup! So many others around my OD have their cars already…
Should be very soon. 5/19 MY 7 20” w/tow got Vin last week. Delivery 6 Sept…maybe

Reactions: meshbiz
Random question: has anyone got VIN before soft date?
For what it is worth, being here since well before page 1000, I have seen a lot of people say "I have a soft VIN of XX date" only for it to go back weeks, and weeks, and weeks, and weeks. I didn't even have a soft VIN. My SA told me to "ignore the EDD, but didn't have any other information and anyone who says they do is lying." She called me before I saw my VIN get assigned to tell me my VIN was assigned and I was checking like every 10 minutes.

Last edited:
I didn't even get A call yet!! LOL

Does anyone in NJ know what that new $6 tax is covering/for? Six bucks will not change the way I live but absurd taxation is one of the myriad of reasons we're leaving this state for good next year. I know the grass isn't always greener but NJ nickel-and-dimes it's residents way too much. The whole allure of an NJ EV purchase was to be tax-free. :(
Is it time for a Tea Party there in NJ? (and I don't mean the political party - I mean literally throwing tea into a harbor).

For what it is worth, being here since well before page 1000, I have seen a lot of people say "I have a soft VIN of XX date" only for it to go back weeks, and weeks, and weeks, and weeks. I didn't even have a soft VIN. My SA told me to "ignore the EDD, but didn't have any other information and anyone who says they do is lying." She called me before I saw my VIN get assigned to tell me my VIN was assigned and I was checking like every 10 minutes.
You got yourself a good SA there.

Hi, my name is Derek and I am a Tesla Addict…. MYP delivery 9/10…. Let’s go!!! Scheduled window tints and am getting pricing on front end PPF. Was quoted $1850 for xpel PPF and $500 to tint the entire vehicle (minus the roof). That includes front windshield. What is everyone else getting for pricing?
I was quoted $2,150 for XPEL Full Front + Lower Sides PPF and $850 for all sides windows and windshield from a shop in Atlanta (AP3).

May I ask which shop you got your quote from?

This is what the $2,150 covers:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-08-31 at 11.30.13 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-08-31 at 11.30.13 PM.png
    180.3 KB · Views: 58
Reactions: Drock77
Dumb question, but what exactly do you have to sign for when you pick up the car since most is done on the website ahead of time?

Spouse and I have both names on the car, and we also have a very fussy newborn. I’m trying to get my wife in and out as soon as possible before a meltdown ensues with the little one.
It was I think 7 signatures, four (or so) for the DMV. My scenario: I had a trade (dmv forms), financing (loan form) and then the dmv paperwork for the registration of the new car. I was shocked how quickly it went.

Congratulations on the new addition! 💕 (car AND baby) 🤣

It was I think 7 signatures, four (or so) for the DMV. My scenario: I had a trade (dmv forms), financing (loan form) and then the dmv paperwork for the registration of the new car. I was shocked how quickly it went.

Congratulations on the new addition! 💕 (car AND baby) 🤣
Awesome, thanks for the deets! Having a child totally alters your life experience/meaning. Best time of my life so far, albeit with a tad less sleep 😉

Does New Jersey charge sales tax on clothing? I can’t remember if we were in PA or NJ at the time (the state lines were a little blurry for me 😂), but I was so confused why the sticker price was $25 and the total was $25. The sales guy laughed and said the state deems clothing essential and thus, no tax 🤷🏻‍♀️😂
You are right I believe, no taxes on clothings in NJ, as it is essential 🤣. I guess back in the day people were protesting against high sales tax, by not wearing any 😜, JK.

Does anyone in NJ know what that new $6 tax is covering/for? Six bucks will not change the way I live but absurd taxation is one of the myriad of reasons we're leaving this state for good next year. I know the grass isn't always greener but NJ nickel-and-dimes it's residents way too much. The whole allure of an NJ EV purchase was to be tax-free. :(
You should get a call very soon. Initially I got the text about pushing the date away and eventually someone called and confirmed everything. The gentlemen who called was very pleasant and answered all my questions. He did say they are extremely busy with tons of delivery. He mentioned the car was on the train and very close to the rail yard and as soon as it gets off loaded, it will get delivered to them for customer delivery.

Reactions: PatrickTM
ah, the ultimate account emptier.
Funny, I have three kids and the oldest two are girls. When they were around 6 they started with a dance program. A few years later they were asked to join the "company" which is more intensive, time consuming, etc. At the time I said there was no better way to separate parents from money than "company" dance. Then they started college!!!

Reactions: collaGOunltd

I'm sorry what? I'd suggest if you consider moving elsewhere that you could also look up the cost of buying your car there. NJ's taxes pay for programs like offering an incentive to purchase EVs and also to fully waive your S&U tax, a reduction in your cost to purchase by thousands of dollars. But there will always be those people who still complain about $6.

Reactions: PatrickTM
Funny, I have three kids and the oldest two are girls. When they were around 6 they started with a dance program. A few years later they were asked to join the "company" which is more intensive, time consuming, etc. At the time I said there was no better way to separate parents from money than "company" dance. Then they started college!!!
Lesson learned: don't let mine start dance, and if they do sabotage them so they aren't good enough for the company

Reactions: PatrickTM and G.D.H