Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm not sure about Progressive. I just quoted out my auto insurance with them, and with two cars it at $900/6months, but add the Tesla and it turns into $2500/6month. That's crazy.

No thanks.
That seems way off, Progressive quoted me $103/month or $556 for 6 months paid in full for a policy with the Model Y LR AWD. I can't imagine SoCal vs GA would be a difference of nearly $1K?

YES TO SEPTEMBER!!! VIN 264XXX EDD SEP 16-19!
Congratulations! Hey, we ordered on the same day, so I’m getting pretty anxious. My EDD has had a 14 day window for the last week or so. It was always a 20 day window from the get go as it bounced around the calendar. So something changed last week and I talked to someone at Tesla last Friday about my account to make sure they knew I was still alive. He said everything looked ready to go and told me to expect a mid September delivery. Did they text you about your VIN? Just curious if I should be looking for a text, phone call or an email.

Reactions: Reebles
1600 more! And I heard they were the best option for Teslas
Always grain of salt with insurance quotes from other people.

They will vary greatly according to driver age, driving history, claim history, number of drivers, deductibles, coverage amounts, location, where it is parked over night, and a host of other things.

Example:
My USAA policy will only increase by $12/mo when I replace my 2011 Nissan Altima (170k miles) with a 2022 Model Y. I raised deductible from $250 to $500, but made no other changes.

it will vary for everyone.

We have a delivery date of 09/06-09/28. It looks like we are a week behind you. Picking ours up at Washington Square mall.
When did you ordered? I ordered on 6/12 and I think we are picking up at the Macadam’s location. That’s where we picked up our M3LR a few years ago. However, if we can schedule for home delivery, we would go with that option. We live roughly 22 miles from that location.

Always grain of salt with insurance quotes from other people.

They will vary greatly according to driver age, driving history, claim history, number of drivers, deductibles, coverage amounts, location, where it is parked over night, and a host of other things.

Example:
My USAA policy will only increase by $12/mo when I replace my 2011 Nissan Altima (170k miles) with a 2022 Model Y. I raised deductible from $250 to $500, but made no other changes.

it will vary for everyone.
Very true

Random question.

Our family friend ordered a MY LR with 20" wheels but has decided he doesn't want it. It's the spec we originally wanted, except we wanted 19" wheels, but his EDD is 9/12-9/30. If he gets a VIN before we do with our MYP we are considering taking his car.

But... my question is, how would that work? He emailed his SA and his SA of course told him he couldn't transfer his car to us. But I've seen people do that. Any suggestions? We are excited about our MYP but would take his LR if we could figure that out?
I would suggest you not do an order transfer through Tesla, since they don’t allow it outside of immediate family. Transferring to another person outside of immediate family is treated like a new order with updated pricing, new order agreement, and I’m assuming the order edit means you get reset in the queue.

I think best to look into some kind of private deal.

Well, the delivery did happen to my surprise.

Saw many cars stranded in the middle of the road on my way to the center. Hopefully the owners made it out safely.

Anyways the MY came with no issues. No panel gaps at all. Did notice minor paint issue in the rear, right above the licence plate. The paint had a little crack, but hardly noticeable. Had only 3 miles on the odometer and was 90% charged.
Awesome! Congrats and very happy for you!

My OD was 7/1 with the exact same specs as you & also picking up in Burbank. My original EDD, as well as the generic October change, also mirrored yours. After the October EDD it shifted to what it currently is, Sept 20-30. So, it looks like Tesla made some changes to their algorithm during the ‘October’/‘January’ generic blackout and that these new EDDs may be more accurate. At least let’s hope that’s the case.

Also, congrats on the switch to EV. You will not be disappointed.
Thanks! We were planning on ordering right around 7/4 but decided to wait as we had just sold our previous vehicle to a dealership and wanted the funds to clear. I believe the EDD then was 4 to 8 weeks so it looks like that got pushed as well based on your OD but you're right there!

Fingers crossed that these new EDDs are more accurate!

That seems way off, Progressive quoted me $103/month or $556 for 6 months paid in full for a policy with the Model Y LR AWD. I can't imagine SoCal vs GA would be a difference of nearly $1K?
When I moves from GA to Southern California, my premium jumped massively. Unfortunately insurance is regulated at a state level, so while what the customer sees and experiences is very similar, in the back end are two completely different businesses. For instance in state A the insurance company might be allowed to invest their money in highly profitable highly risky investments, make tons of profit, and lower premiums. State B might require insurance company to hold more cash, so they make less money, and charge higher premiums to cover their costs. This is an oversimplification.

Then there’s the variations in local accident, theft, and repair expenses. Either way, no one insurance company is the absolute cheapest in all 50 states, so definitely shop around. And the same driver and same car can have wildly different premiums. Some of my quotes from different companies were orders of magnitude off - one company charged as much in one month as another did for six months.

Last edited:
Reactions: collaGOunltd
When I moves from GA to Southern California, my premium jumped massively. Unfortunately insurance is regulated at a state level, so while what the customer sees and experiences is very similar, in the back end are two completely different businesses. For instance in state A the insurance company might be allowed to invest their money in highly profitable highly risky investments, make tons of profit, and lower premiums. State B might require insurance company to hold more cash, so they make less money, and charge higher premiums to cover their costs. This is an oversimplification.

Then there’s the variations in local accident, theft, and repair expenses. Either way, no one insurance company is the absolute cheapest in all 50 states, so definitely shop around. And the same driver and same car can have wildly different premiums. Some of my quotes from different companies were orders of magnitude off - one company charged as much in one month as another did for six months.
Warner Robins? I spent three years there flying KC-135s--my last flying assignment!