Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello, my unVINned friends. Yes, this long-timer is still here, my May 31 order still sitting with an EDD of 9/11-30. Now 8 days from the supposed start of my delivery window and no answer from my SA or SC. My delivery is to Mt Kisco NY and, as far as I can tell, it's still open for business.

The physically closest SC to me is Paramus NJ but that's another state so I can't play there. Plus, unfortunately, the Paramus location was devastated by the rains and floods Wednesday night and it's closed until further notice. Could be a bit... the windows are all blown out and there was a partial building collapse.

It's possible that the Paramus debacle could impact the delivery of my MY. Why not... another brick in the wall of this shitshow of a waiting game.
I'm in the May-Order VINless Club, also.
Day 119 (17 weeks)!! EDD: September 04 - September 16

For a month, my EDD is three or less days away. I catch up to the EDD and then it moves out three days. ☹️
I think Tesla is just toying with me now!! 🤬

• Informative
Reactions: BitJam and kjyam99
Agreed. I've been licensed for over 30 years, no tickets, no accidents (me or the wife) 100/300/100, $1000 deductible. USAA is only increasing about $650 to add a 3rd car to my policy, and that brings it to about $1550/6 months (3 cars, 2 drivers). *For me* significantly cheaper than progressive. Of course progressive's home owner policy looks to be much better than USAA (went up 60% due to the fires in CA), so I may look into that.
I'm in a similar boat. And, right or wrong, I count the SSA deposits I receive every year as a reduction in premium at USAA.

Hello, my unVINned friends. Yes, this long-timer is still here, my May 31 order still sitting with an EDD of 9/11-30. Now 8 days from the supposed start of my delivery window and no answer from my SA or SC. My delivery is to Mt Kisco NY and, as far as I can tell, it's still open for business.

The physically closest SC to me is Paramus NJ but that's another state so I can't play there. Plus, unfortunately, the Paramus location was devastated by the rains and floods Wednesday night and it's closed until further notice. Could be a bit... the windows are all blown out and there was a partial building collapse.

It's possible that the Paramus debacle could impact the delivery of my MY. Why not... another brick in the wall of this shitshow of a waiting game.
Wow I can’t believe your patience for waiting this long! Fingers crossed you get ‘vin-Ed’ over the holiday weekend!!!

Reactions: meshbiz
Called 888-518-3752 to change registration info - picking up in NOVA but registering in FL. Yep costing a little more in sales tax but time is money and I will have to pay the difference eventually. Going to be living and driving in paradise shortly. Anyone who has already taken delivery want to shoot me a referral code? I could use 1,000 free miles - how about you? I don’t personally know anyone who owns a Tesla. 😂

In my (ir)rational mind it is the only way to make it work. The MYLR with MDM (+$1k) and the 20" rims (+$2k) are an extra $3k. The MYP includes the 21's and the white saves another grand. The white was my second choice anyway.

The diff ends up being $5,150 (shout out to VH)

Oh, and I fully intend to crank the intro to Panama the first time I slam the big pedal to the floor. It will 'almost' be like driving an ICE hot rod...only faster haha

So this morning I got an email from Tesla saying speed up delivery by uploading insurance info. So I go to call, but the phone number for the delivery center is for service only? So I email the delivery center that I got off the tesla site, still no word back. Multiple emails to my SA who assisted me on the original order have gone unanswered. I'm just trying to get a straight answer here.
I would upload it if you have it. Here in PA I had to show proof of ins with the Tesla vin so i uploaded the day before my delivery

On a different topic, anyone planning to use one of those rim protectors? I was looking at Rimblades but they have about 4 different kinds.
They have light, flex, ultra and pro offering low to high protection and made from light plastic to rubber to hard plastic.

Anyone familiar with the options to recommend the best one? They will be on 20” induction wheels. I’m leaning towards the rubber ultra to allow some flexibility against the curb if it ever happens. I’m thinking the plastic ones will crack more easily under pressure compared to rubber that can squeeze.
Thoughts?
I’ve been thinking of ordering them too but haven’t started looking yet. I also have the 20’ inductions

On a different topic, anyone planning to use one of those rim protectors? I was looking at Rimblades but they have about 4 different kinds.
They have light, flex, ultra and pro offering low to high protection and made from light plastic to rubber to hard plastic.

Anyone familiar with the options to recommend the best one? They will be on 20” induction wheels. I’m leaning towards the rubber ultra to allow some flexibility against the curb if it ever happens. I’m thinking the plastic ones will crack more easily under pressure compared to rubber that can squeeze.
Thoughts?
Here is another example…out of stock….I ordered these for my MYP but I have’t received the MY yet.

This is surprising to me. I haven't driven much in CA, but some of the worst drivers I've seen in my life were between Atlanta and Columbus
Having lived in several areas of the country, and visited almost all via business or pleasure travel, I've concluded that driver quality / ability is largely similar everywhere.
However, road conditions, signage, and weather are NOT.
In the Northeast, many roads evolved from cowpaths. Literally. I hear the Southeast roads evolved from Indian trails. But I wouldn't know...
And unlike the western areas, where road signage is usually visible and gives mostly advance notice, in the NE, it's hidden by foliage or......EXIT NOW !!!!!
When it rains in the West, it's NOT like the downpours elsewhere. It's just rain.
Unfortunately, urban mythology has arisen to assign blame to 'oil on the roadway' as excuse for failing to engage brakes soon enough during rain in the West.
Just my experience....YMMV :)

So I've changed my order from MYLR to MYP a couple of days ago, and my EDD is still showing my MYLR's dates which is 12/13-01/02. Unfortunately, my status hasn't changed as fast as others that have changed their orders to MYP lol. I hope it's just a system flaw and it'll update soon on their end.

Wondering if anyone else had their dates jump forward. Still scratching my head about how I went from 11/5 - 11/20 to 9/14 - 9/24. Anyone know what the process is if I want to push my order back? Do I just not hit the blue button or will my order get cancelled. My SA is hard to get a hold of but I guess if I get a VIN, worst case I can call another SA and put the order on hold? Ideally I will just get placed back in the queue.

Do the unVINed live in caves?