Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Somehow my referral link is live despite not having my car yet. It was actually live before ordering. I dunno what I did to earn that, but hopefully it doesn't mean my luck will swing the other way on delivery.

Edit: I take that back. It's gone now from my account. It totally was there and took me to an order page when I tried to use it for myself but now my link brings me to a generic page about the referral program. Weak sauce!
Same here - i could swear i had it for a good week or 2 .. just checked to help IMABuckeye and its gone now. Says I have to accept delivery for it to show up.

I have my home delivery on sept 11th. When do I see my agreement and get notification of payment? I already uploaded insurance(Texas).
If you have delivery set, you should have MVPA by now. I had to call them after 2 days of VIN and no MVPA. Turned out they needed me to send an updated picture of the odometer of the vehicle being traded in . Once I did that and called back, they updated things on their end and MVPA showed. A few hours later, screen changed to make payment. I'll say call them and find out what the hold up is.

Well Delivery Day was supposed to be yesterday but it just didn't work out. For those doing third party financing read on for others. It was just a frustrating day of lack of communication from Tesla (normal), and not reading some fine print on my side. Resulting in hours on hold and no MY in our garage.

So like many folks we completed the order stating we were paying in cash, after we had an actual VIN and delivery date. I went ahead and did my loan approval at BofA. I informed my SA and he changed the order to reflect the change. The mvpa doc was updated properly and I uploaded it to BofA. Here is what I missed, Tesla is not an authorized dealer of BofA. You need to call them and complete the loan directly. I sent the SA the approval letter on Tuesday morning and asked to confirm he had all the documents for delivery on Thursday.... no reply. I got a text from Tesla on Wednesday afternoon asking for a different loan document, I replied to the text asking about the existing approval, no response, I texted again that evening no response. I texted twice in the morning before our delivery appointment with no response. So we show up and of course they need different loan docs to complete the transaction. All stuff I could have taken care of prior to driving to the SC. After calling BofA and spending a horrific time on hold, we finally managed to wrap everything up with them. The catcher is it takes at least 1-2 days to complete the loan on their part. So if you are doing 3rd party finance make sure to have the signed closing docs completed and in hand, an approval is not enough. This is unlike our previous experience using BofA at an associated dealer it took an hour max and we were out the door. So now hopefully everything will be in place for a Saturday pickup.

The car looked very good overall, the detailing job sucked. There was still some water spots and wax in a couple part lines. The car is going in for ceramic coating so they will clean all that up so not to concerned about that, but for a black car they should have done a better job. The right rear door alignment is off a little, the left side is great. Overall door panel lines are inconsistent left to right but overall everything seems good at first check.

At the end of the day I should have read the loan approval from BofA a little closer since I did miss a line about if the dealer isn't on their list please call us. But I am still really frustrated with Tesla Raleigh for not responding to numerous attempts when they could have easily told me days in advance that I sent them the wrong doc. For a 60k car not exactly the best customer service.. end of rant!
I stopped calling my SC directly and call the 888 number now. You have to wait on hold for a bit but I've had much luck and information with them than my SC. My SA didn't even reach out when I had a VIN. He simply emailed MVPA to me 3 days after VIN and a day after I already called the 888 number to resolve why I didn't have an MVPA for 2 days. 888 rep set my delivery date and let me pick a better time that works for me. I'm not going to be asking for my SA when we go pick up.

Reactions: PatrickTM
You're a gem. Didn't realize this. Just tried and yes, it lets me put account and routing numbers. This is the way to do it!!!
Do not pay it before inspecting the car!! Take a certified/cashier's check with you and hand it to the Tesla advisor AFTER you inspect and accept the car. I did that as several other people on this forum ... just my 2 cents.

So this morning I got an email from Tesla saying speed up delivery by uploading insurance info. So I go to call, but the phone number for the delivery center is for service only? So I email the delivery center that I got off the tesla site, still no word back. Multiple emails to my SA who assisted me on the original order have gone unanswered. I'm just trying to get a straight answer here.

Call the main line - 888-518-3752. Might be a long hold but you'll get much better help

Sometime last week I clicked on "loot box" and saw I had a referral code. Didn't think much of it until now. I just checked and it's gone and I see the statement of it only being available after delivery. Weird.
I've been a tesla owner since 2017, but I think since I sold my Model X back in May, they took my access to my lootbox away until my MY comes. Weird. But at least I know my referral code already.

Do not pay it before inspecting the car!! Take a certified/cashier's check with you and hand it to the Tesla advisor AFTER you inspect and accept the car. I did that as several other people on this forum ... just my 2 cents.
Oh yeah, I didn't proceed with the payment. My bank is sending a check to them and I'm paying the rest. I told my bank agent not to mail the check till I call them and give them the go ahead. He wanted to mail the check now and was like "Tesla is good and sending the check back if you refuse delivery". I told him, yeah, not playing that. When I'm in the car, I'll call you to mail the check.
The rep I spoke to on the 888 number said I can either provide a picture of the check from the bank or a tracking number. I'll use the picture.

That seems way off, Progressive quoted me $103/month or $556 for 6 months paid in full for a policy with the Model Y LR AWD. I can't imagine SoCal vs GA would be a difference of nearly $1K?
If I tweak my deductibles, I can get it down to about $930 per 6 month premium.

1630682443711.png

Reactions: DaveGT
On a different topic, anyone planning to use one of those rim protectors? I was looking at Rimblades but they have about 4 different kinds.
They have light, flex, ultra and pro offering low to high protection and made from light plastic to rubber to hard plastic.

Anyone familiar with the options to recommend the best one? They will be on 20” induction wheels. I’m leaning towards the rubber ultra to allow some flexibility against the curb if it ever happens. I’m thinking the plastic ones will crack more easily under pressure compared to rubber that can squeeze.
Thoughts?

Somehow my referral link is live despite not having my car yet. It was actually live before ordering. I dunno what I did to earn that, but hopefully it doesn't mean my luck will swing the other way on delivery.

Edit: I take that back. It's gone now from my account. It totally was there and took me to an order page when I tried to use it for myself but now my link brings me to a generic page about the referral program. Weak sauce!
Tesla giveth and Tesla taketh.

Well Delivery Day was supposed to be yesterday but it just didn't work out. For those doing third party financing read on for others. It was just a frustrating day of lack of communication from Tesla (normal), and not reading some fine print on my side. Resulting in hours on hold and no MY in our garage.

So like many folks we completed the order stating we were paying in cash, after we had an actual VIN and delivery date. I went ahead and did my loan approval at BofA. I informed my SA and he changed the order to reflect the change. The mvpa doc was updated properly and I uploaded it to BofA. Here is what I missed, Tesla is not an authorized dealer of BofA. You need to call them and complete the loan directly. I sent the SA the approval letter on Tuesday morning and asked to confirm he had all the documents for delivery on Thursday.... no reply. I got a text from Tesla on Wednesday afternoon asking for a different loan document, I replied to the text asking about the existing approval, no response, I texted again that evening no response. I texted twice in the morning before our delivery appointment with no response. So we show up and of course they need different loan docs to complete the transaction. All stuff I could have taken care of prior to driving to the SC. After calling BofA and spending a horrific time on hold, we finally managed to wrap everything up with them. The catcher is it takes at least 1-2 days to complete the loan on their part. So if you are doing 3rd party finance make sure to have the signed closing docs completed and in hand, an approval is not enough. This is unlike our previous experience using BofA at an associated dealer it took an hour max and we were out the door. So now hopefully everything will be in place for a Saturday pickup.

The car looked very good overall, the detailing job sucked. There was still some water spots and wax in a couple part lines. The car is going in for ceramic coating so they will clean all that up so not to concerned about that, but for a black car they should have done a better job. The right rear door alignment is off a little, the left side is great. Overall door panel lines are inconsistent left to right but overall everything seems good at first check.

At the end of the day I should have read the loan approval from BofA a little closer since I did miss a line about if the dealer isn't on their list please call us. But I am still really frustrated with Tesla Raleigh for not responding to numerous attempts when they could have easily told me days in advance that I sent them the wrong doc. For a 60k car not exactly the best customer service.. end of rant!
What a stressful experience. I'm sorry you had to go through that but thank you for letting the rest of us know! The process is, as they say, clear as mud. Hopefully you take actual delivery of your car ASAP.

I'm especially disappointed (but not surprised) at how irresponsible Tesla employees were in your case. They don't run a normal dealership, they don't bring you into the "finance manager" office to bully you into buying extra shite, I get that and that's great and all. But if they want do a "touch-less delivery experience" they have to do better, and they have to be more hands-on and responsive. Letting the customer and lender fend for themselves is not the way to do it. It's like employers sending people home to work from home: it only works if people are responsive, answer phones/emails, and have the tools to get their work done. I feel for you.

Reactions: ajs847
This is surprising to me. I haven't driven much in CA, but some of the worst drivers I've seen in my life were between Atlanta and Columbus
Completely agree on GA drivers. Having lived in PNW, Colorado, GA, LA, and Boston, I still maintain that GA drivers are the worst. Boston is a VERY close second. Very close.

That being said, I love southern California, but so does literally everyone else...everything is just a little more expensive there (except food) with housing being a lot more expensive.

Always grain of salt with insurance quotes from other people.

They will vary greatly according to driver age, driving history, claim history, number of drivers, deductibles, coverage amounts, location, where it is parked over night, and a host of other things.

Example:
My USAA policy will only increase by $12/mo when I replace my 2011 Nissan Altima (170k miles) with a 2022 Model Y. I raised deductible from $250 to $500, but made no other changes.

it will vary for everyone.
Agreed. I've been licensed for over 30 years, no tickets, no accidents (me or the wife) 100/300/100, $1000 deductible. USAA is only increasing about $650 to add a 3rd car to my policy, and that brings it to about $1550/6 months (3 cars, 2 drivers). *For me* significantly cheaper than progressive. Of course progressive's home owner policy looks to be much better than USAA (went up 60% due to the fires in CA), so I may look into that.