Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Lol oh no that’s not me it’s from the creepy Peloton ad a few years ago:
Yup that ad generated sure generated a lot of publicity. Prior to that ad my impression of Peloton was that it was a niche toy reserved for rich people. Not unlike how the uneducated masses think of Tesla.

After all the negative backlash publicity against the ad, I became interested in Peloton the product/service. Showed it to wife and agreed, yup, we both wanted one. To be fair to the lady in the ad, she looks like she actually did a Peloton workout as they shot that video footage. Kudos to her. I don’t look that good after a workout on the bike. I typically look like a sweaty corpse.

You can't make this up. The semi truck broke down. So now my car is in Springfield NJ. I have to Uber there and pick it up at 3:00 now.

So who wants to take bets on what causes 3PM delivery to get canceled.
I feel like you could write a whole book on your order process, I think your story is one I've followed the most as you were the one who inspired me to find an inventory car. I'm hoping for the best for you on this.

Holy *sugar* my delivery date says 9-24 now. Please tell me this isn’t true. I flew here. Omg. Running over to talk to Tesla now.

View attachment 710516
Dude. What the actual F*CK.

You’ve seriously had a long and grueling run trying to take delivery of a damn inventory car. I’m so sorry man. I’m sending you positive thoughts. I really hope this isn’t true.

Reactions: loggedout
You can't make this up. The semi truck broke down. So now my car is in Springfield NJ. I have to Uber there and pick it up at 3:00 now.

Hang in there, man... at least it's not "come back in a week" and you still have a path to a wonderful drive home (albeit a bit darker one towards the end). That really sucks but I think we're ALL sending good vibes that no more surprises pop up between now and EOD.

You should definitely document this entire journey. Seems like you’re hitting every worst case scenario possible trying to get your Y.

Hopefully Tesla is at least paying for your Uber?

Reactions: loggedout
Yup that ad generated sure generated a lot of publicity. Prior to that ad my impression of Peloton was that it was a niche toy reserved for rich people. Not unlike how the uneducated masses think of Tesla.

After all the negative backlash publicity against the ad, I became interested in Peloton the product/service. Showed it to wife and agreed, yup, we both wanted one. To be fair to the lady in the ad, she looks like she actually did a Peloton workout as they shot that video footage. Kudos to her. I don’t look that good after a workout on the bike. I typically look like a sweaty corpse.
Lol that’s fair, I’m probably being rude to the actress. I was just worried about her 🤣 I also think Pelotons are a great product and probably wouldn’t have paid attention if it weren’t for this ad!

• Funny
Reactions: PatrickTM
I think they may be trying to switch to Austin for next quarter production. I read an article that Fremont has started retooling for MY production. I guess for new body cast and maybe 4680. So I think production has slowed at Fremont. I have no proof, just my thought.
Seems sensible
Btw nobody on TMC has proof but thoughts lol

• Funny
Reactions: turrmoil