Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here’s an interesting one. I had delivery scheduled. In order to take delivery in MD, you must pay before you show up. So, I paid the morning of and my loan was funded. Then, delivery was canceled within hours of funding.

Not only does Tesla have my money, but I have a funded loan with interest and no car and, since it’s Tesla, really no redress. Nothing I can do but wait for a car for which I paid and have a loan…
This is a good warning that paying on site with a cashiers check is prudent... not in the mood to let Tesla use our money free of charge.

We feel for you as you are paying for a car you don't have, and we low ball sold our X5 and now walk or borrow a car... need our MY!

Totally makes sense that they’d push produced vehicles to the end of the distribution chain to wait for software update. Curious about what they’re going to do in states like TX where you have to buy vehicle while it’s still in CA and then ship it here. I drove by Houston TSC and didn’t see massive MY inventory; actually only a couple on the lot.
According to my SC, you DO NOT have to make payment before they send the car to TX but only before delivery. I am using outside financing and have been told several times by different reps that I can wait till after vin assignment to finalize the loan and the credit union will send proof of payment to tesla. They all did say that they would push delivery if proof of payment wasn't received 2 days before scheduled delivery.

Called my SA, looks like my car is in their parking lot, but it has a factory hold on it and they can not assign VIN to my account until the factory hold is removed, based on SA they are expecting firmware update by end of this week or next, until then they can not match VINs, they have 40+ Mys sitting their lot for last few days
Sweeeeet. When did you order? At least you know your car is made and ready for you.

Here’s an interesting one. I had delivery scheduled. In order to take delivery in MD, you must pay before you show up. So, I paid the morning of and my loan was funded. Then, delivery was canceled within hours of funding.

Not only does Tesla have my money, but I have a funded loan with interest and no car and, since it’s Tesla, really no redress. Nothing I can do but wait for a car for which I paid and have a loan…
That sucks! I'm in MD and the guy at Rockville never mentioned.. I'm bringing a Check the day of and he said that is fine.

Reactions: maus92
Starting week 2 of the “5-9 weeks” timing. Changing the subject to something not so depressing, what vehicle is everyone trading or selling for the Model Y. I’ll go first. I’m finally upgrading from a 2006 Honda Civic. No fancy dash screen and everything is manual buttons. Also manual transmission. Feel like I’m coming out of the Stone Age.

Starting week 2 of the “5-9 weeks” timing. Changing the subject to something not so depressing, what vehicle is everyone trading or selling for the Model Y. I’ll go first. I’m finally upgrading from a 2006 Honda Civic. No fancy dash screen and everything is manual buttons. Also manual transmission. Feel like I’m coming out of the Stone Age.
2012 Nissan Rogue that I impulse bought (young and stupid) and never really loved all that much.

The model Y purchase is the opposite. I’ve been thinking and planning for years ( since I test drove a model3) and I’m already in love with it.

Sold my 2017 Tacoma with 51k miles on it. I purchased for 34,900 out the door nothing down and car max gave me 33,400, so I said good bye.

Reactions: Soosh and FatherTo1
I’m really just so stunned about this software issue.

First off, I have no issue that they are holding out to make sure there are no bugs. It’s better than getting the car and having something serious go wrong.

However, the part that I don’t understand is why is this not talked about outside of the forum? Tesla is a public company and investors and shareholders would like to know this information. I find it hard to believe that that is the cause because if it was, it would be all over the news. Even when you google this problem nothing shows up.

On that note, it’s unfortunate that Tesla is not as transparent with delivery times. I hope for the future they get their acts together with delivery’s because if there were more competition to Tesla, I would cancel my order and go to them since this is ridiculous.
Yes, I am baffled as well. Q2 revenue is at risk, and the financial media says nothing?

Volt lease ends mid July, been wanting and saving for this car for a while lol.

Reactions: Veltic
As for me, im 48 and never had a new car, after 20 years of marriage, i got divorced, put one son through college, my second son graduates from high school next week, i lived intentionally on the $$$ low paying my child support (paid off early), fixed my credit from 560 to 750+ and bought used cars or drove a motorcycle, the last car i had was a 2010 chevy cobalt that i got from a co worker for $500, drove it for a few years, and after that i swore i will have my tesla. Flash forward, im happier, and on 3/28 my beautiful impulsive NEW wife test drove a MY and put down a deposit while i was in the bathroom at the SC, so way more than you wanted to know, but i wanted to share......so im pretty damn excited for this car.

Here are some more pics to make us sad!

IMG_1987.jpg

IMG_1991.jpg