Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
IN some of the discussions, people suggested to get a good interest rate from DCU, but then have Tesla match it...... Can somebody explain why not keep the DCU loan itself?
DCU requires you to set up direct deposit with them, and become a retail customer as well, and most ppl are married to their banks in a way, or don't want to go through the change, so they rate match. Which I think Tesla has stopped doing.

Last edited:
DCU requires you to set up direct deposit with them, in a way, and become a retail customer as well, and most ppl are married to their banks in a way, or don't want to go through the change, so they rate match. Which I think Tesla has stopped doing.
Thanks AS.

So, its not a reason for me, as I already bank with DCU and also have direct deposit with them.

IN some of the discussions, people suggested to get a good interest rate from DCU, but then have Tesla match it...... Can somebody explain why not keep the DCU loan itself?
Matching to Tesla makes the process easier and gave you 72mo. vs 65mo. term with a national bank. DCU is a smaller credit union with a smaller footprint, less polished online interface, and requires direct deposit for the best rate.

Either way, Tesla just discontinued their rate match program on 10/7 so if you want the best rate, the best option is DCU. Let me know if you need a referral.

EDIT: @ArrogantSeeker beat me to it. @T$LAfan it looks like you're already a DCU member so you're all set!

Thanks AS.

So, its not a reason for me, as I already bank with DCU and also have direct deposit with them.
As @Phreddieruxpin mentioned on the MYP thread, Tesla has stopped matching rates so the DCU conversation is moot. Go with what makes the most sense to you - DCU certainly offers one of the best rates on the market at 1.24% if you meet their criteria for 65 months, whereas for some of us the 2.49% that Tesla offers via their partners for 72 months may be worth the lower amount of stress when taking delivery (I'll pay off the car early anyway, so the total savings don't really make that much of a difference to me).

As @Phreddieruxpin mentioned on the MYP thread, Tesla has stopped matching rates so the DCU conversation is moot. Go with what makes the most sense to you - DCU certainly offers one of the best rates on the market at 1.24% if you meet their criteria for 65 months, whereas for some of us the 2.49% that Tesla offers via their partners for 72 months may be worth the lower amount of stress when taking delivery (I'll pay off the car early anyway, so the total savings don't really make that much of a difference to me).
Agree about using Tesla finance for ease of taking delivery. Someone could always refinance the loan later with DCU if it was that important.

Thanks AS.

You are welcome!

For you it won't be a worry.
Myself for example, would have to switch my deposit over, to get the 0.5% off, which is a good amount off I think.
My deposit is already split in multiple institutions so it won't be a hassle for me. Then Zelle the money out of there, to wherever I need it.

Reactions: PatrickTM
My EDD is now 10/8-10/21, so, shortening for sure, but still no VIN. It's the third time I'm within the EDD window, but then it gets pushed out just by a few days, and that usually happens on the first or second day of being within the window. Last couple of times it was 10/2-10/22, then 10/3-10/23, now I'm at 10/8-10/21. Lets see if a VIN is coming soon, or, most probably, pushed a few more days out... get used to it.

I have not expectations at this time. And I'm in the same situation as you, sharing a car with my wife because I decided to give my other car to my daughter who is working on her master's degree away from home and needed a car, and since I ordered in July, I was hoping that by now, I'd be driving my new MYLR... wishful thinking for sure :(
We are in same bucket, and location is Sunnyvale CA
OD 7/2 | MYLR | 7 seater | BLUE/BLACK | 20” wheels | No tow | No FSD EDD 10/8-10/19

Does anyone know for how long last these PPF and if that's for 2-3 years how difficult it is to remove it?
Xpel has a 10 year warranty. Of course I am certain for your PPF to last it requires adequate maintenance. However, one of the main draws for PPF is its durability. Ceramic I believe is along the lines of 3-5 years, and probably 2-3 years with inadequate maintenance (Ceramic also provides less paint protection). Then Vinyl I believe is closer to 2-3 years.
Please someone correct me if I am wrong.

Xpel and 3M usually come with a 10 year warranty, either the installer provides the warranty, if you go through a professional install, or the seller provides the warranty, if you were to buy it online and say install yourself.

The installer on the other hand will fix or replace the film, in that warranty, in comparison to you going through the online merchant and getting a replacement and doing the install again.

Thanks AS.

Me too - just got my check yesterday from DCU - I am all set to take delivery .. Insurance and financing squared away.

EDD change - Delivery now preponed by a few days new EDD Oct 16-22.

Me too - just got my check yesterday from DCU - I am all set to take delivery .. Insurance and financing squared away.

EDD change - Delivery now preponed by a few days new EDD Oct 16-22.
Nice!!

I am debating on when I should start my loan process with DCU. I am, at minimum, a month away from my EDD window. They took 4 to 6 days overall when we called for my brother. So I am hoping to call in the beginning of November to get the process rolling.

• Informative
Reactions: PatrickTM
Yes - you missed me. I am MYLR red/white, 19", no tow OD 7/22 EDD 10/19-11/8
Ordered - July 27
LR Y, Red paint, Black interior, 19 inch wheels, 5 seat, no tow, no FSD

Estimated Delivery Date was December to start
Then EDD was October 20 - November 09
Was January for a few days
Then Oct 24 - Nov 13 for a while
Then Nov 4 - Nov 24
Now Oct 23 - Nov 12

Go #TeamRed :)

Nice!!

I am debating on when I should start my loan process with DCU. I am, at minimum, a month away from my EDD window. They took 4 to 6 days overall when we called for my brother. So I am hoping to call in the beginning of November to get the process rolling.
If you have an account the whole process takes 2-3 hours (invovles giving them a call and sorting out everything in the call itself - just have your MVPA with VIN ready to be emailed to them). If you dont have an account, it might take bit longer (maybe) not sure - I have banked with them for 15+ years and had multiple loans with them, so quite familiar with the process to be comfortable to go with them.

I was pre-approved for the loan, and I had applied in mid September (close to my prior EDD - foolish me!!!) - was really hoping the EDD didn't shift again since their approval is valid for 45 days. Honestly, I would say apply immediately after you get your VIN, upon approval DCU overnights the check anyways so max the whole process will take 3-5 days and you will have time upon receiving VIN to get all this squared away.