Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm in a similar boat, also in NC (Charlotte). Was 15-OCt to 4-Nov but just pushed out 26-Oct to 6-Nov. So a tighter window but delayed out a bit more. I think I'm the only one waiting on a MY that ordered all the way back in May.

I saw the EDD tighten to a week at the end of the month, before shifting out 2 months into October, so I am not too hopeful that this tighter window builds any confidence just yet.
Still waiting on a vehicle after ordering in May is ridiculous. I would fine if from the beginning they told me it would 5-6 months. My original EDD was 6-8 weeks.

My 20-day EDD hadn’t changed in a month. Now I have a 28-day window as well and have been moved up to 31 Oct -28 Nov.

Time to start finalizing the loan application, I suppose.
Team red, I also got pulled left one month to 10/30-11/27 today. Very unexpected but jives with the July team red orders. Time to start shopping the Subaru..just after I paid for the registration renewal expecting a longer overlap.

Team red, I also got pulled left one month to 10/30-11/27 today. Very unexpected but jives with the July team red orders. Time to start shopping the Subaru..just after I paid for the registration renewal expecting a longer overlap.

My 20-day EDD hadn’t changed in a month. Now I have a 28-day window as well and have been moved up to 31 Oct -28 Nov.

I also have a 28-day window but EDD changed from 10/30 to 11/13

I believe this is when they are making cars to go to Europe? Beginning of the quarter. When I was waiting, we all got pushed out at the beginning of a new quarter. That would mean November returns to deliveries like crazy.
According to previous posts here, no MY go overseas. That's only the M3. And now Shanghai is providing Europe with both.

EDD has been all over the place for the last week.

10/3 - EDD updated from 10/2-10/22 to 10/8-10/28
10/9 - EDD updated from 10/8-10/28 to 10/20-11/17 (bummed after this update)
Today - EDD updated from 10/20-11/17 to 10/14-10/28

OD: 7/11 Model Y Long Range, White/Black, 20 inch wheels, No FSD, No Hitch

Looking forward to being assigned a VIN soon hopefully.

My EDD changed this morning and it seems to jive with a conversation I had with a Tesla employee on Saturday when I popped into their store in Tyson’s Corner Center (a mall here in N VA). I explained to the gentleman that my BMW lease ends in late Dec and I was mildly concerned with my MYP EDD of 11/01 - 11/21 and the potential for it to get pushed. He looked up my order and said the good news is that there is a “_ _ _ # and date” (I couldn’t quite hear the acronym he used) attached my order now, which represents the date (Nov 13th) they expect my car to arrive at their destination here in N Virginia. He said barring any unexpected setbacks that I would take delivery soon thereafter. He said he wouldn’t sweat it unless we get to the last week of Nov and i still have not received any updates. This morning my EDD changed from 11/01 - 11/21 to 11/13-12/11. That seems to correlate with his comment about my car arriving locally on 11/13. So, my expectation (read HOPE) is that as we get closer to 11/13 my window will start to shrink while maintaining 11/13 as the earliest date and I’ll ultimately receive my car the week of 11/15.

Recap of my sequence:
Model Y Performance - black w/white interior - no tow (regrettably) - no FSD
09/18 OD (at time of order it said “November” delivery)
09/20 EDD changed to 10/10-10/30
09/30 EDD changed to 11/01-11/21
10/11 EDD changed to 11/13-12/11

Reactions: Ladybugn
😬this is one reason to decided against the 7 seater.
Smart thinking!! I did it just in case. Will happen once in years, but recently on a road trip, we were short one seat, and that unfortunate person had to sit in the trunk of the Rav. Mind you, the trunk is pretty big so they were comfy with the space, but not safe with traffic rules. We only did it for trips under 5 minutes though.

Reactions: GuardianMoon

I would wait till a week before the range, to get the loan started. You have an almost 30 day window. Unless the FI won't rerun and ding your credit past 30 days.

Smart thinking!! I did it just in case. Will happen once in years, but recently on a road trip, we were short one seat, and that unfortunate person had to sit in the trunk of the Rav. Mind you, the trunk is pretty big so they were comfy with the space, but not safe with traffic rules. We only did it for trips under 5 minutes though.
We’ve used the 3rd row in our Highlander once a month max and it was never necessary tbh. Given the Highlander 3rd row is barely usable I figured the extra cost, loss of some cargo space and the potential increased wait time wouldn’t make it worth while.

Reactions: PatrickTM
We’ve used the 3rd row in our Highlander once a month max and it was never necessary tbh. Given the Highlander 3rd row is barely usable I figured the extra cost, loss of some cargo space and the potential increased wait time wouldn’t make it worth while.
Errr kinda too late now lol. It's not bugging me too tremendously yet, since I am working from home, and take my brother's car for the one day I have to go to the office. Rest, it is easily managed by sending him out to run errands 🤣
And he doesn't mind. He is now always looking for reasons to go out......compared to having to bribe him before, to run simple errands.

Hey everyone, Time to get financing for the model Y. Any suggestions? I currently can get a couple through navy federal and USAA for 72 months at 2.29%. DCU? Thanks
Josh
DCU may get you much below that I am pretty sure. You do need to set up direct deposit with them, if you are okay with that. That's what knocks off 0.5%.

Reactions: PatrickTM