Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Insurance: it's 50/50. I got a good deal with State Farm since I had just moved to them with a home purchase. Progressive may be a good option too. Shop around. Give the insurance companies a vin off of the inventory car to get a ball park of what you will be offered.
I used to have progressive. But for all the Costco members in here. I highly recommend using their car insurance partner. I use "Connect". Much cheaper and very EV friendly. For reference, my wifes brand new 2021 Hyundai sonata hybrid(Blue trim level) Is more expensive then the model Y. Same insurance coverages etc. Progressive was good until I found a lower rate lol. One thing I learned over the years is there is no "loyalty" with insurance companies. All of them are scum of the earth. Pick your poison. So far Costco insurance is the cheapest for the same coverages. Also they offer gap protection and a crazy good rate. 13$ every 6 months for the model Y lol.

So what your saying is vehicles are assigned before they are built. Then this SA says they found you a vehicle already built? Using that logic it was a cancelled order. Like I have been saying this entire time. Again nothing is wrong with a cancelled order so long as it doesn't have a damage waiver. Your SA was just on top of his game and snagged the car before any other SA could attach it to anyone elses VIN. Good luck and hope that car is great. No leaks of changes are being reported so vin should not matter. For those of us that have been in this thread a while it was a headache when they added the air filter bio zone function. The cutoff seemed to be "random" or unexpected. Some got it, some didnt. Some even rejected delivery. Only thing we have to worry about is vin code changing from 2021 year to 2022. Which as tesla owners means nothing regarding difference in vehicle. But to others its a model year newer.

Delivered early on 10/12; yesterday instead of Friday. They called at 4:30 pm and asked if I was ready to take home delivery in an hour, well I said yes, luckily we were all home, I was little busy at work but it was delivery time! My trade-in was not ready, lot of stuff still inside; jumped right at cleaning it with little one’s help, it was done quickly, and they came in 20 minutes after the call. It only took about 10 minutes, I checked the car around, they were very friendly, one of them was being trained on the job, walked around the car, I was finding it hard to find issues, they assured me I won’t find any, they had done 3 rounds of inspection, maybe they were right.

Well, it was a smooth transition, they took down trade-in’s odometer, I had to sign on their phone, access enabled, done. I politely declined their offer about teaching me the basics.

Panel gaps are consistent, I was prepared for few disappointments though but there it was all shining and smiling, flawless.

We went out on a long drive to one of our favorite restaurants, first thing I noticed was regenerative breaking, very intrusive, but I got a hang of it now , so convenient I don’t have to lift my foot so often, I am like high class chauffeur now, I can bring the car to full stop at signals without any jerks, gently depressing the accelerator!

I tried few fast turns and I love it. I hated Acura RDX for its body roll, I have always liked the Mazda 3 handling, Model Y is even better, steering, suspension are perfect.

And I was done with installing wall connector over the week end(it was in fact an easy job, except running #6 wires through a 3/4 pvc conduit, specially the corners), charging check! Mats, mud flap installation check! Happiness check!

Well, now please don’t roll those eyes, I am gonna say it: The wait is worth it.

Attachments

• A9403863-8923-475A-8DD6-09AE974BA14B.jpeg
    A9403863-8923-475A-8DD6-09AE974BA14B.jpeg
    1,016 KB · Views: 79
  • 2F830038-BCFC-4A86-BE41-E1A6D004D15E.jpeg
    2F830038-BCFC-4A86-BE41-E1A6D004D15E.jpeg
    893.6 KB · Views: 73
  • F46E014E-B3EB-4CDA-8084-3071F85343B4.jpeg
    F46E014E-B3EB-4CDA-8084-3071F85343B4.jpeg
    779 KB · Views: 67
  • 3658837E-ADC3-4215-B292-422AA8A5D573.jpeg
    3658837E-ADC3-4215-B292-422AA8A5D573.jpeg
    836.6 KB · Views: 72
  • 0859E96B-1BB8-437F-A873-9225AEF98B52.jpeg
    0859E96B-1BB8-437F-A873-9225AEF98B52.jpeg
    770.9 KB · Views: 71
  • B5B92DA6-AAE5-4F09-9D7B-3683A399558B.jpeg
    B5B92DA6-AAE5-4F09-9D7B-3683A399558B.jpeg
    597.6 KB · Views: 84
  • 2202B622-8EF5-49E2-904B-F454F4C20672.jpeg
    2202B622-8EF5-49E2-904B-F454F4C20672.jpeg
    592.9 KB · Views: 77
  • 0F420FF3-85F4-4F59-A9BB-7FB2EBDE540D.jpeg
    0F420FF3-85F4-4F59-A9BB-7FB2EBDE540D.jpeg
    444.8 KB · Views: 72
  • ED935316-CE50-4CD3-B62C-B77AA528B226.jpeg
    ED935316-CE50-4CD3-B62C-B77AA528B226.jpeg
    668.8 KB · Views: 75
  • B78D853D-3735-4BCD-8B24-3A4E2B56A8E5.jpeg
    B78D853D-3735-4BCD-8B24-3A4E2B56A8E5.jpeg
    822.9 KB · Views: 80
I used to have progressive. But for all the Costco members in here. I highly recommend using their car insurance partner. I use "Connect". Much cheaper and very EV friendly. For reference, my wifes brand new 2021 Hyundai sonata hybrid(Blue trim level) Is more expensive then the model Y. Same insurance coverages etc. Progressive was good until I found a lower rate lol. One thing I learned over the years is there is no "loyalty" with insurance companies. All of them are scum of the earth. Pick your poison. So far Costco insurance is the cheapest for the same coverages. Also they offer gap protection and a crazy good rate. 13$ every 6 months for the model Y lol.
Is that $13 for 6 months? For full coverage and liability insurance? I'm about to pay over $500 for 6 months.

The other day my dad sent me this picture back from when we first really started looking at Tesla. He was seriously considering a model s at the time (2013) and it was awesome. The body lines, sleek exterior, sun roof, seats you could have in the trunk area, all electric design :eek:. There just wasn't anything else like it. Ultimately he didn't get one (he now has a cybertruck reserved and might get a model Y) but it was still pretty iconic back then. I wanted one myself but with the price tag and still being in college, I never thought I'd be able to afford one. Now I'm just a few weeks from picking up my Model Y and the excitement is real! Oh and I'm sure some of you might recognize this location.

IMG_20211003_075859.jpg

I asked if they could provide an update and said my wife was really frustrated and if there are any married guys there they know that this is somehow becoming my fault.
I agree, since Moana'a Gramma said it, I have been using it 'Blame it on the pig', almost daily, anything goes wrong in the house, it is my fault, even if the kid is directly involved, I get blamed because I let him do it. Life is beautiful with wife.;)

Such a long wait, I am so happy for you, congratulations on the VIN!

Wow.. I have Connect for my home and auto insurance. They used to be called Ameriprise Home and Auto a while back. They do have great rates and intend to compare it with Tesla insurance (I'm assuming Tesla can only insure Tesla cars) on the Model Y as soon as I get a VIN and Connect for the other car plus my home insurance. Or maybe it will be about the same since I get discounts for multi-car and home insurance from Connect. Lately I got a letter from Connect that they are raising the premium for my house due to wildfires, floods and even making separate coverages (another premium) for hailstorm damage - I guess for my roof and solar panels. I don't know how much my premium will be after all this.

Reactions: josh62294
Congrats! FYI, got a 280 VIN yesterday which was manufactured on 10/11/21 according to Tesla. Ask your SA for the build date.
Just talked to the Delivery Advisor and asked him... He told me our vin MF279xxx was made on Oct 4th, so definitely recent...

Delivery is scheduled for Saturday, 11am. FYI, the Devon SC is not one that does PPF/Mud Flaps standard... I'm told if we wanted that a mobile service call could take care of that, which we might do since we need Homelink installed anyway...

WHAT?!?!
I need to check this one out lol. Thank you!
I am a Costco member so things should be slightly easy. I just switched over to State Farm in August, so I wonder if they would penalize me in any way. Although the rate they gave for the 3 wasn't horrible. I think it was a $30 increment which I think is pretty good since it is better coverage and all.

But I will definitely check Connect out. Thank you!

I had an SA when I first ordered but they only reached out to me until I completed my profile. I haven't tried messaging since. Part of me wants to reach out since my EDD is 2.5 weeks away, but I also hate being a pest. I think I'll keep waiting another week or so.
No shame in reaching out! As someone who doesn’t have an EDD (March? Maybe?), 2.5 weeks seems like imminent delivery.

Reactions: loggedout and chand
Delivered early on 10/12; yesterday instead of Friday. They called at 4:30 pm and asked if I was ready to take home delivery in an hour, well I said yes, luckily we were all home, I was little busy at work but it was delivery time! My trade-in was not ready, lot of stuff still inside; jumped right at cleaning it with little one’s help, it was done quickly, and they came in 20 minutes after the call. It only took about 10 minutes, I checked the car around, they were very friendly, one of them was being trained on the job, walked around the car, I was finding it hard to find issues, they assured me I won’t find any, they had done 3 rounds of inspection, maybe they were right.

Well, it was a smooth transition, they took down trade-in’s odometer, I had to sign on their phone, access enabled, done. I politely declined their offer about teaching me the basics.

Panel gaps are consistent, I was prepared for few disappointments though but there it was all shining and smiling, flawless.

We went out on a long drive to one of our favorite restaurants, first thing I noticed was regenerative breaking, very intrusive, but I got a hang of it now , so convenient I don’t have to lift my foot so often, I am like high class chauffeur now, I can bring the car to full stop at signals without any jerks, gently depressing the accelerator!

I tried few fast turns and I love it. I hated Acura RDX for its body roll, I have always liked the Mazda 3 handling, Model Y is even better, steering, suspension are perfect.

And I was done with installing wall connector over the week end(it was in fact an easy job, except running #6 wires through a 3/4 pvc conduit, specially the corners), charging check! Mats, mud flap installation check! Happiness check!

Well, now please don’t roll those eyes, I am gonna say it: The wait is worth it.
Ha! Yes! Gotta love it! So happy for you and so glad you had a smooth home delivery. That child seat looks right at home. Regen braking reminds me of driving my old manual WRX with massive amounts of AWD engine braking…takes a few tries, but as someone who loves driving it was an easy adjustment and fun to get used to.

Huge kudos for pulling your own wire! Mad respect.

Reactions: aprapos and chand