Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Perfect, thanks everyone. I updated it and completed my profile. Now the 6 month wait begins 😂

Any good resources or threads on financing and how to get the best rates?

Also for insurance? I’m based out of Washington and haven’t owned a car before with a 5 year history, so I figure rates are gonna be higher for me
Look at DCU for lending. Pretty low rates.

St Anne of Massachusetts is lower, but requires closing signatures to be done at local office.

Insurance: it's 50/50. I got a good deal with State Farm since I had just moved to them with a home purchase. Progressive may be a good option too. Shop around. Give the insurance companies a vin off of the inventory car to get a ball park of what you will be offered.

Reactions: chand and PatrickTM
How do I?
Ctrl + U should do it for most browsers.

or right click and see if there is a "view source" option

1634100155536.png

Interesting note about the Tuxmat. Are you able to snap some pics and upload? How long have you had it? Does it fit snugly and no bending, curving or shifting around?
I have them but they are waiting (like me) for my MY delivery. So I have not installed them yet. I realized my post was a little confusing. My wife has a M3SR+. I had planned on either getting 3DMaxpiders, Teslashields or EVannex's mats, initially. However, after cleaning my wife's M3, the amount of time I spent trying to vacuum dirt and whatever else my kid have on their shoes, as well as the walls of the driver side (with whatever my wife had on her shoes) I decided that the coverage of the ones I originally planned on getting didn't cut it. As soon as I get them installed I will be sure to take a picture or video of putting them in, but the videos I have seen, they look really well made and you can't beat how much they cover.

I bought TuxMats for new Honda

Insight and have on order for MYL. So far they have held up great, and I especially like the little side flap that comes up along the seat next to the door. As to the clips. I only added a couple and they were easy to install and can be put out of the way if the look bothers you….
That coverage up the side is one of the main reasons I decided to go with the Tuxmats....the back row (5 seater) is the other. Not my photos but these are show them well, you cannot tell but the rear mats go from the floor to the bottom of the back seat, so again the coverage is beyond what most other mats offer:

What's with all the disagreement votes?

@Vin_L

Are you jealous or just a childish troll?
I believe while it says disagreement it is a thumbs down...so whenever I have seen it or used it (on occasion) it is to commiserate with the poster, because their EDD was sent backwards, or their VIN hadn't showed up yet. Do not think it is trolling...

Reactions: TSLY
I got an email today that I don't remember seeing mentioned before. It was from order support and the Subject was TESLA | Preparing to charge. I won't copy the whole email because it was lengthy. It discussed the car coming with only a 110 v adapter, it gave the link to Tesla preferred electricians for installing a 240 v outlet. Stated that as a best practice to let your battery lower to 20% and charge to 80%. It also discussed Tesla's trip planner as well as plugged PlugShare.

Has anyone else gotten this email??

Mud flaps? I confirmed with my SA yesterday that my car(Model Y) comes with mud flaps and PPF because of the harsh winters. You should confirm with yours as well. Tesla has been doing this for a few months now. Doesnt hurt to ask and save yourself a few bucks.
Somewhere in this massive thread somebody picked up from Mt. Kisco and they did not receive mud flaps or PPF... worst case scenario I get them at delivery and can sell these, they go out of stock often enough that I'm not too worried about somebody taking them off my hands. :)

You didn’t slip a $20 to the SA when shaking hands on the deal?
Heh, no. If I'm being honest, I was always a little bitter we got no swag when we picked up our Model S in 2014. Not only was it still a new company with relatively low sales, and not only did most others seem to get swag (mugs, a shirt, scarves wrapped around the headrest) but it was December! As in the holidays. Not even a red bow...
the financing and oh yeah they found a car and MATCHED IT TO MY WIFE'S ACCOUNT! EDD is now Oct 13-17!

VIN MF279xxx so I know it's a little older (I assume a cancelled order) but at this point I'm ecstatic... No scheduled pickup yet but he said the car should arrive tomorrow so I figure a few days to prep and maybe we get it Saturday...

Anyway, we finally have our VIN and my wife thinks I'm a hero
Congratulations! I'm still a little confused as to how everyone seems to have an assigned advisor. I'm assigned to take delivery at Devon but that's all I know. And I only know it because of a cold call I randomly made to KoP.

No EDD change here and based on you folks with July ODs getting VINs, it seems like November really is what it'll be for me.

Fun fact: Yesterday I drove for 11.25 hours just to charge at 15 different superchargers. No destination, no need for the trip, just a loop for the sole purpose of plugging in 15 different times. These cars can be so fun ;)
I wonder if someone did the same thing about a century ago saying "these cars are so fun to drive, they don't need to rest or eat like horses, don't care about rain, or stray dogs." 😆

Heh, no. If I'm being honest, I was always a little bitter we got no swag when we picked up our Model S in 2014. Not only was it still a new company with relatively low sales, and not only did most others seem to get swag (mugs, a shirt, scarves wrapped around the headrest) but it was December! As in the holidays. Not even a red bow...

Congratulations! I'm still a little confused as to how everyone seems to have an assigned advisor. I'm assigned to take delivery at Devon but that's all I know. And I only know it because of a cold call I randomly made to KoP.
I've gotten good responses from emailing [email protected]. Patrick is our SA there and his email is [email protected]. I'd give both of those a shot and I bet you get somewhere...

EDIT: I'm also not the type to inundate them with emails every day... I maybe emailed them once every 2-3 weeks just to get an update or if I needed the finance terms adjusted... I think that helps when you don't bug them and are also polite, recognizing that they probably get slammed with emails constantly...

I've gotten good responses from emailing [email protected]. Patrick is our SA there and his email is [email protected]. I'd give both of those a shot and I bet you get somewhere...

EDIT: I'm also not the type to inundate them with emails every day... I maybe emailed them once every 2-3 weeks just to get an update or if I needed the finance terms adjusted... I think that helps when you don't bug them and are also polite, recognizing that they probably get slammed with emails constantly...
Oh I am so and totally with you. They can't hand make a car for anyone and for the most part, have only the same info we do. All that said, I'd never be the type to bug either. I did kind of want to say hello, introduce that while I wait I have an expired financing and trade-in but that I want to wait until I'm closer to my now-moved window to resubmit them. (Trade-ins are back up now though so I want to do it soon.)