Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
0AB89FA6-CF0A-4B3C-A4DC-E9BFF60520A4.jpeg
hmm. I hope this is promising.

Just chiming in to say that my EDD has been solid for a while now and I'm good with that. The plan is to sell my M3P- at end of the year, and be a one car family until delivery to save $800 on taxes for the Model 3 next year. Thats assuming the EDD stays steady for January 13 - February 10.

Reactions: ArrogantSeeker
I’m not sure if your MY’s name is a reference to the kids show, but it’s the best thing going on Disney+ if you’ve got little people running around the house. Our entire family is obsessed with that show… the more I type the cringier it’s gets if it’s not, lol. I need to go to bed, love the name!
It was not. It was the name of one of my kid's favorite blankets when he was little (now in college). But I told the name to someone else who mentioned the show and spoke highly of it as well.

Well Tesla gave us a good scare last night. In our account it shows the Model S being traded in, not the Model 3. Big no no, so we freaked out a bit. The Model S, after the loan balance would only be worth about $12k. Not happening!

But fortunately buried into the details is the expected Y price and expected 3 trade in price. So just a weird glitch in the account I assume.

Our 3 year old has named the Model Y Marshmallow. I assume it won't change between now and next week but stay tuned. Toddlers aren't always predictable.

I think of it more as of an enthusiasts' group. But kinda sorta a the same thing. I was part of the PNWAlfaRomeo Club for similar reasons with different underlying causes. I expect my MYLR to be as fun to drive, a whole lot more modern, safer, better, and more rewarding in terms of what I am consuming for transport and fun. Much better than the Italian attitude of motor oil being something of a flow through item.
In short: Teslas require an emotional support group before delivery. Alfas after delivery.

Today marks my 3rd time inside the EDD window. Still no VIN. :(

MYLR7, White/White, No Tow, No FSD
OD: 7/28, EDD: November, 10/25-11/14, 10/20-11/09, 10/26-11/15, January, 11/9-11/29, 11/6-11/26, January, 11/5-11/25, 10/19-11/16, 11/10-12/8, 11/10-11/24, 11/14-12/12, 11/19-12/3
Oh no, I’m almost the same build and in the chandler area as well. Hoping this one sticks for you. Should be soon!!

Was your profile completion or hold from August to November a planned or an unplanned one (such as loan documentation incomplete)?
Profile just wasn't completed. SA told me to not fill in Finance information until the end cause I would get hit with a Credit Inquiry and would expire and I would get another. Took this to mean do not complete payment section. On 11/1 I finally set it to cash, next day got my first EDD Range instead of just April.

Haha true! But the trouble really comes from having to take delivery right now. Between and now and end of the year we have two family vacations planned (Boston to Orlando, and Boston to Seattle), plus Christmas gifts and related spending of course. If I took delivery, sold it, I will still need a car, preferably Tesla of course, come March when school starts for my wife...purchased at a $8k higher price tag.

Timing also couldn't come at a worse time for me, because in addition to the two family vacations, I also have at least one work trip planned to San Antonio sometime between now and mid-December. So it's just a chaotic and busy time right now, and I literally have zero time/energy left in me to resell a brand new Tesla.

For those that know my story, I live in Boston area but have to pick up the Tesla in Mount Kisco, NY for the purpose of legal tax evasion. So that in an of itself will be an ordeal. And VIN assignment couldn't have come at a worse time.
You have a tough decision to make, I wish they don't cancel your sweet order. I am sure you have thought about all the options, used car market is still hot, how about trade-in the current car for Y, think about second car in March, hopefully you will have many other options as well by then.