Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey, could you please report back how it goes? Did they give you time to inspect the car before signing everything?

I thought they were a little snobby/pushy when I went there for a test drive (2 1/2 hours from home). Only gave us 20 min for test drive.
They strongly suggested I put an order in that day because the wait times were increasing. When I said I still had to research how much $$ for insurance, they kind of blew me off and went on to the next customer. The attitude/vibe was when a parent just asks a teen ow their day went and they just roll their eyes.
Test drives are max 30 minutes at any SC afaik. That too with an appointment. If you just walk in, you get a 15 minute test drive, as they need to accommodate other drivers and or appointments.

Now if you were picking your car up, they won't rush you, or even bother you. I have picked up a M3 and my MY from the SC, and both times we were easily and freely inspecting our cars with no one hovering over us. They initially came out and told us there is paperwork in the car, and to bring it in whenever we were ready, then went back inside.

I hope it is the same for all SCs.

Thanks. We might go to the bank and get a check for the amount we think it's supposed to be. But don't want to waste time going, for one, and two, if we get a cashier's check we wouldn't have a balance left for ACH as a back up.

I've gotten email/text from 3 different people in the past 24 hours. No idea who our SA even is... Sigh.
Plaid or attaching your account is the best option by far. I ended up using plaid when I was at the SC. Was done in less than 5 minutes.

Reactions: PhillyGal
Oh looky! Quickest turnaround I say. My first service ticket. Granted it was an easy fix, but still! 😃

Screenshot_20211124-111324_Tesla.jpg
Screenshot_20211124-113313_Tesla.jpg

Man, that sounds frustrating, but also familiar. Luckily we didn't have a trade-in to deal with, but we definitely had no help through the process. For us, we did third party financing (USAA), so when the loan was approved they gave us a form to have the dealership fill out, called a payment request form or something like that.
Hey that’s a good idea. I am a long, long time customer of USAA and get my insurance through them. Might as well look at getting the financing arrange that way as well. I do have a SA Who has been responsive so will include her in the conversation as this goes. Was also looking at DCU. Still three or four months away even with the revised EDD. But want to be somewhat ready in case things move around again.

As End of November is coming around, my friends currently working at Kato as an Electrical Eng. got an email yesterday asking if he can put in extra time for delivering cars. West Cost is gunna get a significant push in delivery since in the email, they were asking "anyone"(currently working at Tesla) with extra time to come deliver cars for them

He had the same email last end of quarter where he delivered 25/30 ish cars himself
Kato = Fremont or is it something else?

Reactions: ArrogantSeeker
A guy in another thread claims that his MY constantly makes noticeable noise, even when parked in a garage.
Does anyone with recent deliveries experience any significant noise?
According to him, it comes somewhere from the front and is possibly caused by the heat pump or a "manifold" whatever that means.

Last edited:
A guy in another thread claims that his MY constantly makes noticeable noise, even when parked in a garage.
According to him, it comes somewhere from the front and is possibly caused by the heat pump or a "manifold" whatever that means.
Checkout this link:

Thank you, but these are normal. I think his is different
He explains it here:

Reactions: Prax
Thank you, but these are normal. I think his is different
He explains it here:
There are two parts, normal and abnormal sounds in that document.

My brother claims there is a noise when I am driving. He noticed it when I was pulling into the garage. I have yet to check it out.

Give us a try too! CarBuyerUSA is legit, but we've heard (as evidenced by their reviews) some negative allegations about their customer service...

There are a few ways where we are different (other than being the #1 used Tesla site on the web, and a TMC approved vendor :cool:)

We bring multiple EV dealers together in one place and have them compete against each other to bring you the highest offer price! And all inspections are done virtually (so no driving your car to random places only to have your offer reduced).

You can request an offer in 2 minutes here!
Sold my 2021 model 3LR for $5k more than any other offer out there. Super easy, loan paid, excess directly deposited into my account and car picked up promptly. I’m in California, I would totally do it again. Good luck.

Hey that’s a good idea. I am a long, long time customer of USAA and get my insurance through them. Might as well look at getting the financing arrange that way as well. I do have a SA Who has been responsive so will include her in the conversation as this goes. Was also looking at DCU. Still three or four months away even with the revised EDD. But want to be somewhat ready in case things move around again.
Hey, we just ordered a Y LR - blue - no other options. I see you did something similar a couple wks ago. Just wondering, how did yours move up to March/April for EDD?

Reactions: Sunvalleylaw
Hmm okay. I ask bc we have a 2018 model 3, RWD that kbb offered $44k on. Trying to decide if we sell now or wait. We do have access to a 2nd car.
That's a sticky situation. If you anticipate the market getting worse in the supply area, making your car more valuable, then wait to sell it. If you anticipate the opposite, do it now.
Try Carvana, Carmax, Vroom as well. See if they offer you any higher.

Reactions: Nomogaz
That's a sticky situation. If you anticipate the market getting worse in the supply area, making your car more valuable, then wait to sell it. If you anticipate the opposite, do it now.
Try Carvana, Carmax, Vroom as well. See if they offer you any higher.
Ya I’m not sure how the market will do - and if it’s better to get rid of it now vs later.

so That’s the thing.
Carvana has been offering me $36k (ish) for past 2-3mo.
vroom came in at 39k yesterday
kbb 44k
Going to carmax today.