Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ya I’m not sure how the market will do - and if it’s better to get rid of it now vs later.

so That’s the thing.
Carvana has been offering me $36k (ish) for past 2-3mo.
vroom came in at 39k yesterday
kbb 44k
Going to carmax today.
We are in the same position. After seeing the wild moves in Tesla EDD’s, we decided to not rely on the current EDD anonymous sell after we see a VIN. If anything used car inventory will be cleaned out during. The holidays and the dealers will want to rush to build it back up. So I don’t expect the situation improving until at least next Spring.

Don’t cancel FSD. While people may poo poo it, I think it’s very very worth it especially when city driving comes in mainstream. Atleast for me I think it will be therapeutic by helping keep my calm and drive it within limits etc. too many speeding tickets on gas cars… 😂
I agree. I have found FSD very helpful on city roads in it's current version. I have driven the car with and without FSD and I can see the difference. With FSD navigating thru stop lights, stop signs is much easier and safer too. On a two lane road it does the automatic Lane change which I like a lot. I would suggest test driving it with and without FSD>

Last edited:
I don't think anyone should pay 10k for it, but I think at the very least, cancel and try it out. It's $200 for a month. If you love it than you can pay the 10k. If you hate it then you only spent $200, and if it is what I know it will be for me, something you may use periodically, then use the subscription and pay for it monthly when you need it.
I actually like your idea. How practical is it? I understand, starting subscription allows one to press a button and then wait for one’s driving score to reach 99% before they will give access to FSD beta. can one get a score prior to requesting an FSD beta?

I actually like your idea. How practical is it? I understand, starting subscription allows one to press a button and then wait for one’s driving score to reach 99% before they will give access to FSD beta. can one get a score prior to requesting an FSD beta?
I believe that in order to get a score at all, you must have FSD (but that does include the subscription).

I have an estimated delivery window between Dec.5th-19th, no VIN yet.

For delivery, I believe the Tesla Y will come with the Gen 2 Mobile Connector Bundle with one NEMA 5-15 Adapter, is there a 14-50 NEMA adaptor coming with the Y as well? I bought one 14-50 NEMA adaptor already, so maybe I will end up with two?
the NEMA 14-50 adapter was a separate purchase from the Tesla shop. $45. My SA, when he told me about it, said I had to buy it.

I believe that in order to get a score at all, you must have FSD (but that does include the subscription).
Thanks. I might sign up for a monthly subscription once I am familiar with driving the vehicle. I have the state farm's app which rates my driving and I noted it uses a rating scale similar to most car manufacturer's including Lexus. Harsh cornering, harsh braking, hard acceleration, fast cornering, exceeding speed limit etc. I generally can never exceed 96% due to having to brake at intersections where lights turn yellow to red very fast.

I’m going through with the Model Y purchase, come hell or high water! As much as Tesla has fiddled around with my order and provided shite customer service they still have the best car for our needs at current moment.
Remember that you do not need to take delivery if there are any issues at inspection. If there are missing USB ports you are not obligated to take it so its up to you how you want to play it.

I am also looking to replace my last ICE vehicle but I figured I would wait on that , it will likely be with the cybertruck but battery tech is happening so fast there may be some real breakthroughs in the next 5 years which change that.

Last edited:
I’m going through with the Model Y purchase, come hell or high water! As much as Tesla has fiddled around with my order and provided shite customer service they still have the best car for our needs at current moment.

I’ve already suspected that as soon as we live with the Model Y for a couple months I’m going to be drafting up a family logistics and financial plan to replace the Prius with another EV. Maybe at that point (3-4 years down the road) I can seriously consider another OEM besides Tesla that values me just a little more as a customer.

It’s thanksgiving and my sister, brother IL, nephew are here visiting. They brought their brand new GLE. They had customer service “complaints” with their MB dealer and I kinda scoffed. Like yeah I need to make sure they feel heard but also they pretty much got white glove treatment the whole way.
Crazy back and forth, sounds like now the EDD is Feb/March? Best case scenario if so for you, I hope it holds!

I have an estimated delivery window between Dec.5th-19th, no VIN yet.

For delivery, I believe the Tesla Y will come with the Gen 2 Mobile Connector Bundle with one NEMA 5-15 Adapter, is there a 14-50 NEMA adaptor coming with the Y as well? I bought one 14-50 NEMA adaptor already, so maybe I will end up with two?
I have the same EDD and no vin yet either. I’ll advise when I get mine. Kinda frustrated watching all these folks with OD’s weeks later than mine get their cars. I mean good on ya but its a WTF From this side of the equation

I have the same EDD and no vin yet either. I’ll advise when I get mine. Kinda frustrated watching all these folks with OD’s weeks later than mine get their cars. I mean good on ya but its a WTF From this side of the equation

Don't read too much into it , many times this is because people are placing vehicles on hold and the next person in line with the same car config is getting it . You have a pretty unique config with that tow package which is why you are less likely to jump foreward.

I agree. I have found FSD very helpful on city roads in it's current version. I have driven the car with and without FSD and I can see the difference. With FSD navigating thru stop lights, stop signs is much easier and safer too. On a two lane road it does the automatic Lane change which I like a lot. I would suggest test driving it with and without FSD>
Exactly. While time will tell I think FSD is going to grow exponentially in quality of driving as already evident in version 10.x
The growing user base and other improvements / investments Tesla is making will drive it to the next level. Just wish they made it transferable to other teslas - that would be awesome 😎

We are in the same position. After seeing the wild moves in Tesla EDD’s, we decided to not rely on the current EDD anonymous sell after we see a VIN. If anything used car inventory will be cleaned out during. The holidays and the dealers will want to rush to build it back up. So I don’t expect the situation improving until at least next Spring.
Fair point about inventory being low ish.. Carmax came in at $39k yesterday.

we have a 2018 RWD with 44k miles. I’ve searched for what’s for sale and they seem to go around $42-46k.
if the kbb dealer honors the $44k instant cash offer, it would be hard to pass up, I think. Right? Lol

I walked outside and there sat my Telsa as the driver walked to an Uber. Not one word - LOL. I didn't even know how to open the car! Then, took me 10 minutes to figure out how to start the car!
I'll take the opportunity to plug the "Meet Your Tesla" page for those still awaiting delivery. It goes over a lot of the basic stuff.