Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Finally!! Congratulations...on the steering being too sharp, did you try the different steering modes? They have comfort, standard and sport. You may find you can remove this or at least update it, as a con. Congrats again...and we expect a picture or three.
Thank you!!

And I played with the steering modes. While it changes the resistance (or heaviness) of the wheel, the quick steering ratio remains static. It totally might be your preference to have a quick ratio! Apparently it was to the folks who tuned and designed the car. But to me, around town and highway cruising I much prefer a relaxed steering ratio, and a ratio this quick is only preferable for racing (around a track, of course) or spirited canyon carving. Not a deal breaker, clearly, but something for me to get used to.

But the good news is there’s the fantastic Autosteer capability that lane-tracks like a boss. Far better, steadier, and more confident than any other system I’ve used. So I’ll just shut up about nitpicking the steering ratio and use Autopilot.

Attachments

• C072141C-1030-431A-A77D-674351DEAD42.jpeg
    C072141C-1030-431A-A77D-674351DEAD42.jpeg
    47.7 KB · Views: 90
Brand new here, just registered. OD 10/01/21. EDD March 11-31. Outside loan through a credit union (still confused on how this will work with delivery and needing complete payment when bank needs MVPA...). I'm young and learning!
  • MYLR AWD.
  • White.
  • 20" wheels.
  • B&W Interior, 5 seats
  • Autopilot included
This is my first big purchase. Currently driving a 20 year old Kia Optima so saying I'm excited is probably an understatement!

Brand new here, just registered. OD 10/01/21. EDD March 11-31. Outside loan through a credit union (still confused on how this will work with delivery and needing complete payment when bank needs MVPA...). I'm young and learning!
  • MYLR AWD.
  • White.
  • 20" wheels.
  • B&W Interior, 5 seats
  • Autopilot included
This is my first big purchase. Currently driving a 20 year old Kia Optima so saying I'm excited is probably an understatement!
Welcome! best car ever, you won’t regret it. Once you uh... get it.

Ah, yes, of course!!!

I also plan on staying in this thread for a while. One, to pontificate thoughts and advice to those open enough to listen. You guys are my fake internet friends after all. And two, to share my delivery updates on my second Model Y, currently slated for some time in May.
Congrats, we picked up today! It was a great experience and had no issues at all. Seems like Paramus is doing a great job!

• MYLR AWD.
  • White.
  • 20" wheels.
  • B&W Interior, 5 seats
  • Autopilot included
Welcome, we have similar configuration, except mine has tow, and EDD very close too.

Thank you!!

And I played with the steering modes. While it changes the resistance (or heaviness) of the wheel, the quick steering ratio remains static. It totally might be your preference to have a quick ratio! Apparently it was to the folks who tuned and designed the car. But to me, around town and highway cruising I much prefer a relaxed steering ratio, and a ratio this quick is only preferable for racing (around a track, of course) or spirited canyon carving. Not a deal breaker, clearly, but something for me to get used to.

But the good news is there’s the fantastic Autosteer capability that lane-tracks like a boss. Far better, steadier, and more confident than any other system I’ve used. So I’ll just shut up about nitpicking the steering ratio and use Autopilot.
Congrats man! Glad to see you’re through step 1, delivery day rules (most of the time)! Right before the weekend too, that’s awesome.

I agree, the steering ratio is super quick compared to my large SUV. I forgot what a small car drives like and it’s definitely fidgety compared to the average sedan/small SUV, or even some sports cars as you mentioned. I’m happy to hear the build quality has been so good, I had the same experience.

My biggest gripe is the recessed seat buckles, whoever designed those at Tesla can eat my shorts.

we
Ah, yes, of course!!!

I also plan on staying in this thread for a while. One, to pontificate thoughts and advice to those open enough to listen. You guys are my fake internet friends after all. And two, to share my delivery updates on my second Model Y, currently slated for some time in May.
Did you have any issues driving to Boston without a front temp plate? Are front plates even required in MA?

we

Did you have any issues driving to Boston without a front temp plate? Are front plates even required in MA?
Mass does require front plates, but I had no issues at all! My other car has been with me through Georgia (front plate not required), four years in California (front plate required), and two years in Massachusetts (also required) without issue, so I plan on going front-plate-less.

Then again, I haven’t been pulled over in about 15 years. I’m sure if I’m doing something idiotic on the roads the cops will gladly ticket me for missing front plate. But I drive safely and they leave me alone.

Reactions: boingolover
Congrats, we picked up today! It was a great experience and had no issues at all. Seems like Paramus is doing a great job!
Fantastic!! Congrats to you as well!

Based on my experience, I cannot say that Paramus is doing a great job (read my prior posts if interested). But after a couple tries, they did end up doing their job, so I’m done complaining lol.

Hope you’re loving your Tesla as much as I am! Today I installed Rally Armor mud flaps. Very easy install once I got the screwdriver that fits in tight spaces.

Ah, yes, of course!!!

So glad it all ended well for you and congratulations!!!

Mass does require front plates, but I had no issues at all! My other car has been with me through Georgia (front plate not required), four years in California (front plate required), and two years in Massachusetts (also required) without issue, so I plan on going front-plate-less.

Then again, I haven’t been pulled over in about 15 years. I’m sure if I’m doing something idiotic on the roads the cops will gladly ticket me for missing front plate. But I drive safely and they leave me alone.
Quick question about the temp NJ plates they gave you to drive home...How do tolls work? I thought most places are pay-by-plate now? So does Tesla eat the cost of tolls?

Reactions: PatrickTM
Quick question about the temp NJ plates they gave you to drive home...How do tolls work? I thought most places are pay-by-plate now? So does Tesla eat the cost of tolls?
Great question! I already have an EZ Pass account through Massachusetts DOT, so I just requested an additional transponder ahead of time. Filled in details of the Tesla and used random plate numbers when I ordered the transponder, and then updated it when I left Paramus. Gotta pay the $7 for the Cuomo Bridge!

Honestly the toll scanners don’t really care about matching transponder to exact license plates if the transponder is operational and they get paid. I used my personal transponder in rental cars just fine. When transporting your transponder make sure you use a faraday cage (foil wrap, etc.) so you don’t get charged double.

Reactions: BGOwner
What a frustration. I will have to make a 220 mile round trip to pick up my car, and I have to say I am really worried that something like that will happen to me. I understand your circumstance is pretty unique, but the Tesla processes are what is broken. Sorry you are going through this.
I’m in the same boat! Little worried now as well that something will happen when I go to pick up. Let’s hope not though, for either of us 🤞🏼

I’m in the same boat! Little worried now as well that something will happen when I go to pick up. Let’s hope not though, for either of us 🤞🏼
I haven't ordered it yet, but this is likely what I will do. Whole kit.

I haven't ordered it yet, but this is likely what I will do. Whole kit.
Are you planning on storing that in the trunk? I don’t love the fact of not having a spare but not loving the idea of having a spare in the trunk.