Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Good on Tesla if this is a new thing.
It pretty much has a Teams meeting with a guy who narrates and quickly goes through the videos you are supposed to be watching anyway. It was a little buggy. Not sure if it was on their end or ours, But they let you post questions in the Chat and they posted some links and answers there. People said what they named their future cars.

Nothing comprehensive and certainly there were no amazing revelations, but if you learn that way it is helpful. My wife, who would not have clicked on a video link by herself, or come here to TMC, wanted to watch and seemed to get a lot out of it.

It pretty much has a Teams meeting with a guy who narrates and quickly goes through the videos you are supposed to be watching anyway. It was a little buggy. Not sure if it was on their end or ours, But they let you post questions in the Chat and they posted some links and answers there. People said what they named their future cars.

Nothing comprehensive and certainly there were no amazing revelations, but if you learn that way it is helpful. My wife, who would not have clicked on a video link by herself, or come here to TMC, wanted to watch and seemed to get a lot out of it.
That's cool that they offer that. I got my link to finally work on my email and I'm going to the actual location here since it's about 20 minutes away. I filled out a form and they called right away to set up an appointment. Thursday at 4:30pm.

Reactions: BGOwner and DrGriz
That's cool that they offer that. I got my link to finally work on my email and I'm going to the actual location here since it's about 20 minutes away. I filled out a form and they called right away to set up an appointment. Thursday at 4:30pm.
I think live would be a bit better, as long as it wasn't too tight, if you know what I mean. You can learn from other people's questions, too.

Reactions: burningember
We picked up our new Model Y yesterday. Warning, the following is long and rambling.

Picked up our new Model Y in Mt Kisco NY on Sunday 2/20/22, 158 days since the order placed on 9/15/21. Pick up originally was scheduled for Monday 2/21 but the car came in early and they called on Friday to offer a Sunday pick up.

Pick up process was easy, but very unfamiliar compared to ICE dealerships: Look over the car, sign three documents, hand over a check, got some assistance to make sure the phone key is paired properly, ask a few questions and then drive off. No closer (a.k.a. the “finance” guy) harassing you for two hours trying to sell you crap paint protection, scotchgard, rusproofing, 3rd party extended warranty, life insurance, etc. What a relief to not go through that crap anymore.

Got home late in the afternoon after a 2.5 hour drive on the rough, patchy, curvy Taconic State Parkway. I got put in AutoPilot jail four times, as I could not master the precise amount of torque needed on the steering wheel. Got a lot better at it on the 2nd day of driving.

I’m already a big fan of one pedal driving. One of those 'where have you been all my life' features.

I watched lots of the u-tubers for how to operate the car. They are great for learning about what features and functions are available, but when it comes to using the on screen menus/functions, for me it’s hard to absorb and remember all of those menus/steps without practicing it myself. I wish they had a simulator app that let you click the menus and options to get familiar with the screens ahead of time and get some brain muscle memory developed.

Now that I’ve got the car I’ll go re-watch some of the videos to fill in things I’m missing, e.g., I still don’t know where to find the tire pressure screen, and I think I’ve looked through all of the screens under the Car menu.

And I’m not sure the best way to navigate the radio and streaming screens. I used the voice command and said “turn radio off” and all it does it switch me to AM. I told it to find classic rock and it brought up some streaming service that has categories like Tesla Top Pics, Hits of the 80’s and 90s, and so that’s what I’ve been listening to. Not sure if that’s free or paid. It’s not clear to me from the screen.

As for driving, it’s still shocking how much forward thrust the car has. Amazing to feel that much effortless thrust, with no growling engine and transmission shifting and changing the RPMs. The smooth power is really game changing.

While waiting for the car to be built I had thought about the Performance Boost upgrade, but now that I’ve driven the MYLR for a few hours on my usual roads, I’ll stick with it as is. I’ve never driven the performance model; with it being 1.3 sec quicker to 60, that must feel truly scary at full thrust.

As for the car I got, standard as it can get: Model Y Long Range in Peal white, Gemini wheels, Black interior. No tow hitch, no FSD.

I did get the one-year premium connectivity included, and I had used a referral code got the 1,000 free supercharger miles (though they expire in Aug 2022). I think those were discontinued within a couple of weeks after I ordered so I wasn't sure if they would still go through.

I chose the black interior. The car we test drove had white interior. While it was pretty to look at from the outside, once inside and driving, the only white I saw was across the dash, so it didn’t seem like any value for the money (for me).

I got the standard pearl white paint because:
  • Sparkly whites are my favorite (my Yukon is white frost tri-coat).
  • None of the other colors wowed me. They are OK, but not amazing (to my eyes), though I do like the bright silver they used to offer on the model 3. I wish that had some stand out, but not clownish colors.
My car does not have mud flaps nor any rear door PPF. NY uses lots of salt on the roads, so we could really use those on our cars. I’ll probably end up with Tesla mud flaps, and I’ll have to find some reasonably priced PPF for those rear doors. I do not plan on getting any professionally installed PPF on the front bumper.

AMD processor: The car does have the AMD processor.

Heated wipers: Not sure if I have the heated wiper area. The software says it is up to date, version 2021.43.102, but I thought you have to be at a certain 2022 version to have the heated wiper feature available. I’m not sure how to force the car to update to a current version.

Li-Ion front battery: Not sure. So far the only suggestion I’ve seen is to remove a panel under the frunk to check for that, which I have not done yet.

I got floor mats from AOSK. These look very similar in looks and fit to the 3D Max Spider mats given free to many of the bigger u-tubers, but these were only $99 for the set of three, and no logo on them. I have not seen the 3d spider mats in person, so I can’t say how they compare in quality.

Back in November I got the Tesla wall charger installed. For 2021 there was a 30% federal tax credit for EV charger installs. The Tesla gen3 wall charger was $540 w/tax, the licensed electrician/materials was $900, so the $1,440 total was brought down to only $1,008 after the 30% tax credit. I've seen some people bitch express thoughts about the cost of the wall charger and installation, but they had no problem spending extra $$ for the white interior, exterior color, hundreds in accessories, PPF, ceramic coat, etc. For me, its about value for the money. The convenience of the wired wall charger and not having to drag out the mobile charger outweighs the value of a whole bunch of fluff/appearance accessories. But that's just me.

Side note: New York requires active insurance on that VIN before you can pick up the car. My insurance coverage was to begin on Monday, so I had to call my insurance’s help center on Friday evening to get them to issue new cards and have the insurance active on Sunday instead of Monday. Evening staff might not be their best as I had to explain several times why I could not wait till Monday to talk to my local agent to get the insurance changed to Sunday. They finally understood (I hope) and did update the start date and issue me new cards to send to Tesla so they could get the car registered.

If you’ve made it this far, hopefully my rambling hasn’t brought you to the edge of madness.

My Tesla Model Y.jpg

Here's my wall charger and cutoff switch mounted in the garage, along with an extra dedicated 20-amp outlet I had installed at the same time.
Tesla wall charger6.jpg

Last edited:
We picked up our new Model Y yesterday. Warning, the following is long and rambling.

Picked up our new Model Y in Mt Kisco NY on Sunday 2/20/22, 158 days since the order placed on 9/15/21. Pick up originally was scheduled for Monday 2/21 but the car came in early and they called on Friday to offer a Sunday pick up.

Pick up process was easy, but very unfamiliar compared to ICE dealerships: Look over the car, sign three documents, hand over a check, got some assistance to make sure the phone key is paired properly, ask a few questions and then drive off. No closer (a.k.a. the “finance” guy) harassing you for two hours trying to sell you crap paint protection, scotchgard, rusproofing, 3rd party extended warranty, life insurance, etc. What a relief to not go through that crap anymore.

Got home late in the afternoon after a 2.5 hour drive on the rough, patchy, curvy Taconic State Parkway. I got put in AutoPilot jail four times, as I could not master the precise amount of torque needed on the steering wheel. Got a lot better at it on the 2nd day of driving.

I’m already a big fan of one pedal driving. One of those 'where have you been all my life' features.

I watched lots of the u-tubers for how to operate the car. They are great for learning about what features and functions are available, but when it comes to using the on screen menus/functions, for me it’s hard to absorb and remember all of those menus/steps without practicing it myself. I wish they had a simulator app that let you click the menus and options to get familiar with the screens ahead of time and get some brain muscle memory developed.

Now that I’ve got the car I’ll go re-watch some of the videos to fill in things I’m missing, e.g., I still don’t know where to find the tire pressure screen, and I think I’ve looked through all of the screens under the Car menu.

And I’m not sure the best way to navigate the radio and streaming screens. I used the voice command and said “turn radio off” and all it does it switch me to AM. I told it to find classic rock and it brought up some streaming service that has categories like Tesla Top Pics, Hits of the 80’s and 90s, and so that’s what I’ve been listening to. Not sure if that’s free or paid. It’s not clear to me from the screen.

As for driving, it’s still shocking how much forward thrust the car has. Amazing to feel that much effortless thrust, with no growling engine and transmission shifting and changing the RPMs. The smooth power is really game changing.

While waiting for the car to be built I had thought about the Performance Boost upgrade, but now that I’ve driven the MYLR for a few hours on my usual roads, I’ll stick with it as is. I’ve never driven the performance model; with it being 1.3 sec quicker to 60, that must feel truly scary at full thrust.

As for the car I got, standard as it can get: Model Y Long Range in Peal white, Gemini wheels, Black interior. No tow hitch, no FSD.

I did get the one-year premium connectivity included, and I had used a referral code got the 1,000 free supercharger miles (though they expire in Aug 2022). I think those were discontinued within a couple of weeks after I ordered so I wasn't sure if they would still go through.

I chose the black interior. The car we test drove had white interior. While it was pretty to look at from the outside, once inside and driving, the only white I saw was across the dash, so it didn’t seem like any value for the money (for me).

• None of the other colors wowed me. They are OK, but not amazing (to my eyes), though I do like the bright silver they used to offer on the model 3. I wish that had some stand out, but not clownish colors.
My car does not have mud flaps nor any rear door PPF. NY uses lots of salt on the roads, so we could really use those on our cars. I’ll probably end up with Tesla mud flaps, and I’ll have to find some reasonably priced PPF for those rear doors. I do not plan on getting any professionally installed PPF on the front bumper.

Heated wipers: Not sure if I have the heated wiper area. The software says it is up to date, version 2021.43.102, but I thought you have to be at a certain 2022 version to have the heated wiper feature available. I’m not sure how to force the car to update to a current version.

Li-Ion front battery: Not sure. So far the only suggestion I’ve seen is to remove a panel under the frunk to check for that, which I have not done yet.

I got floor mats from AOSK. These look very similar in looks and fit to the 3D Max Spider mats given free to many of the bigger u-tubers, but these were only $99 for the set of three, and no logo on them. I have not seen the 3d spider mats in person, so I can’t say how they compare in quality.

Back in November I got the Tesla wall charger installed. For 2021 there was a 30% federal tax credit for EV charger installs. The Tesla gen3 wall charger was $540 w/tax, the licensed electrician/materials was $900, so the $1,440 total was brought down to only $1,008 after the 30% tax credit. I've seen some people bitch express thoughts about the cost of the wall charger and installation, but they had no problem spending extra $$ for the white interior, exterior color, hundreds in accessories, PPF, ceramic coat, etc. For me, its about value for the money. The convenience of the wired wall charger and not having to drag out the mobile charger outweighs the value of a whole bunch of fluff/appearance accessories. But that's just me.

Side note: New York requires active insurance on that VIN before you can pick up the car. My insurance coverage was to begin on Monday, so I had to call my insurance’s help center on Friday evening to get them to issue new cards and have the insurance active on Sunday instead of Monday. Evening staff might not be their best as I had to explain several times why I could not wait till Monday to talk to my local agent to get the insurance changed to Sunday. They finally understood (I hope) and did update the start date and issue me new cards to send to Tesla so they could get the car registered.

If you’ve made it this far, hopefully my rambling hasn’t brought you to the edge of madness.

View attachment 772284

Here's my wall charger and cutoff switch mounted in the garage, along with an extra dedicated 20-amp outlet I had installed at the same time.
View attachment 772285
Fantastic! Congrats!

I think the tire pressure is now buried under the service menu, or one of the lower menu items. You were also listening to Tesla Music Streaming app, which is okay, it’s included with Premium Connectivity so sort of “free”. I much prefer listening to Spotify, and the Tesla Spotify app gets the job done well enough. Sometimes it’s buggy - my iPhone Spotify app is much more reliable.

I’m in the same boat as you with regards to AMD processor running on 2021.43.102, waiting for a software update to find out if my car has heated wiper park. Not curious enough to pull open the plastic cover and look.

For mud flaps, I opted for the Rally Armor since I’ve used them before on another car and they offer great protection. It’s expensive but fairly easy to install and just really well designed. Does not touch the car and does not contain pockets to trap dirt. There are other options out there, but note that the Tesla branded OEM mudflaps are front wheel only.

Reactions: boingolover
I had not been aware of anyone mentioning it either. Must be new then:

View attachment 772248
It isn't. It has been offered in different areas. I never got an invite, but several people from August and earlier have gotten these types of invites. It is generally a good thing as most of them got VINs within the month (if I recall correctly). Last I remember someone mentioning this was either late November or early December.

It isn't. It has been offered in different areas. I never got an invite, but several people from August and earlier have gotten these types of invites. It is generally a good thing as most of them got VINs within the month (if I recall correctly). Last I remember someone mentioning this was either late November or early December.
OK. Never saw it referenced. I was listening to one of the videos in support this evening and recognized the voice of the guy from the Teams meeting. Clearly the same and probably the whole thing was a recording with someone throwing answers into chat for the other attendees. It's all OK.

Reactions: PatrickTM

View attachment 772284

View attachment 772285
Congrats!!!
Tire pressure is under Service. As soon as you click it you will see a picture of the car and the PSI of each tire. If you have not driven the car then there will just be dashes next to each wheel, once you put it in reverse or drive it will show up.
Since you have the wall charger it isn't a big deal, but the mobile connector can also be wrapped around a cord holder mounted to the wall, in a similar fashion to your wall charger, so you do not need to drag it out, it is always just there as is yours. The difference in price and the difference in the number of miles per hour didn't add up to me (but I also have a wall charger that I got for referring people).
It appears that if you have Ryzen AMD then you also have the LiON 12V, they seem to go hand-in-hand, but I guess if you really wanted to be sure you would have to pop off the cover.
Congratulations again...feels good to be on this side of things

Congrats!!!
Tire pressure is under Service. As soon as you click it you will see a picture of the car and the PSI of each tire. If you have not driven the car then there will just be dashes next to each wheel, once you put it in reverse or drive it will show up.
Since you have the wall charger it isn't a big deal, but the mobile connector can also be wrapped around a cord holder mounted to the wall, in a similar fashion to your wall charger, so you do not need to drag it out, it is always just there as is yours. The difference in price and the difference in the number of miles per hour didn't add up to me (but I also have a wall charger that I got for referring people).
It appears that if you have Ryzen AMD then you also have the LiON 12V, they seem to go hand-in-hand, but I guess if you really wanted to be sure you would have to pop off the cover.
Congratulations again...feels good to be on this side of things
When comparing a 14-50 outlet vs the Tesla wall charger, the Tesla charger wasn't that much more. Wiring has tripled since the pandemic. The 14-50 outlet needs more expensive 6-3 wire vs the 6-2 wire for the Tesla wall charger. I would have also wanted a commercial grade (e.g. Hubbell) receptacle, which would be $60-$100. The Tesla 14-50 adapter is $45+tax. So when I added up the extra wiring and receptacle costs, factor in the tax credit, the Tesla charger was only about $300 more than the the 14-50, and I can leave the mobile charger in the car for when it's needed.

OK. Never saw it referenced. I was listening to one of the videos in support this evening and recognized the voice of the guy from the Teams meeting. Clearly the same and probably the whole thing was a recording with someone throwing answers into chat for the other attendees. It's all OK.
I got an invite to one of those sessions from Tesla in Mt Kisco NY. I couldn't make the session the week before the car was picked up, but I might try the next session.

Reactions: DrGriz

View attachment 772284

View attachment 772285
I really appreciate when ppl put the price they paid for the hpwc install up, thanks OP

Reactions: theocguy and DrGriz
Fantastic! Congrats!

I think the tire pressure is now buried under the service menu, or one of the lower menu items. You were also listening to Tesla Music Streaming app, which is okay, it’s included with Premium Connectivity so sort of “free”. I much prefer listening to Spotify, and the Tesla Spotify app gets the job done well enough. Sometimes it’s buggy - my iPhone Spotify app is much more reliable.

I’m in the same boat as you with regards to AMD processor running on 2021.43.102, waiting for a software update to find out if my car has heated wiper park. Not curious enough to pull open the plastic cover and look.

For mud flaps, I opted for the Rally Armor since I’ve used them before on another car and they offer great protection. It’s expensive but fairly easy to install and just really well designed. Does not touch the car and does not contain pockets to trap dirt. There are other options out there, but note that the Tesla branded OEM mudflaps are front wheel only.

Fantastic! Congrats!

Thanks, the tire pressure is right where you said, under Service. I was in that menu probably 10 times and saw the car graphic and looked at all of the menu buttons below the graphic and still never noticed the --- PSI next to each each wheel. The car was parked so it didn't show any numbers.

Finally my turn to post my delivery experience. I picked up on 21st in Springfield,NJ. Vehicle was parked in the back. Car was in great shape couldn't find a flaw. They had it unlocked for me. I went through the Tesla prep checklist, couldn't find a single thing that I needed to report. No mud flaps/ppf in NJ, i got the latest upgrades for AMD, wipers. Then I finished my payment through the app. Car mileage was 31, signed my paperwork got my floormats installed and was out in 40 mins in all.

Enjoying the car so far - love it. Tried and cautiously getting used to auto pilot. Only thing bothering me is the wind/road noise, planning to try a noice reduction kit that BTG had in one of his youtube videos. Otherwise worth the 5 month wait.

Thanks and Good luck to everyone else taking deliveries soon, this forum had helped me teach a lot of things that are not really evident or tesla communicates.

20220221_143941.jpg

20220221_143933.jpg

Have any new owners of LR models purchased Acceleration Boost? I am thinking of adding this on shortly after taking delivery but wasn't sure if I should drive it without the addon for a few weeks first.
I was considering doing it, but after driving this for almost a week, I will need to test drive a performance model to be able to appreciate the difference, because the LR is still super quick. I will say if they add track mode for the AB that may be the thing that sways me...as of now, I am probably 60 - 40 not getting it.

Reactions: PatrickTM
Have any new owners of LR models purchased Acceleration Boost? I am thinking of adding this on shortly after taking delivery but wasn't sure if I should drive it without the addon for a few weeks first.

I was considering doing it, but after driving this for almost a week, I will need to test drive a performance model to be able to appreciate the difference, because the LR is still super quick. I will say if they add track mode for the AB that may be the thing that sways me...as of now, I am probably 60 - 40 not getting it.
It's refundable for 48 hours. Why not try it out and see?

Reactions: curleymapper