Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yep, all relative to the person. Plenty spend a lot more time and money for the same in an ICE. It's also a lot more worth it to me than spending $10k more for the performance.

Also, I bought early April; the cost of the LR has gone up by $2k since then. So in a way, I'll have a faster car for the same price 😜
That is the saving grace for everyone that had March and early April orders. Their cars increased in value.

Is .6 seconds worth 2k$ ???

As below, to most no, to some yes, and others $10k is worth 1.0s. I see the value of $2k for .6 or .5 Seconds (However you read it). I plan to delay my AB upgrade and really evaluate the ROI beforehand.

To some people, absolutely. Non-EV owners often spend much more than $2000 for a 0.6-second improvement.

Last edited:
volvo has also been sending me offers for Polestar boost to my xc90. I believe it’s around $1300. i doubt it’s whole .6 second boost like Tesla.
The polestar upgrade is more than just a speed boost. It also changes you’re handling and other things.
I used to have an XC90, and then I crashed it.
And that’s how the Tesla was born kids. :)

First time poster here! I ordered the LR in blue, no other upgrades, on April 11, 2021. 2.49% loan, very fair trade in on my BMW. I’m in Las Vegas.

April 11: 6-10 weeks (i.e. May 23 – June 20)
April 12: May 15 – June 14 (yay!)
April 13: April 16 – April 28 (whaaat?)
April 14: May 11 – June 10 (okay)
April 17: May 23 – June 12 (boo!)
I ordered on the same day in Idaho. MY-LR red/white, tow package. I’ve been sitting at 6-10 weeks for two weeks now.

Ahh. Interesting. The destination charges don't include the additional amount I have to pay to have it shipped from Honolulu to where I live on the Big Island. That's the fee from CA to Oahu (where the Tesla dealership is). If I lived on Oahu I wouldn't have to pay the additional $900+ to have it shipped to my island. I would just drive there and pick it up, but since that's not an option, I have to have it shipped to my island. That's the way it is when you don't have a Tesla dealership where you live (ugh). It sucks, but it's the only way I can get it :(
So what will you do when you need it be serviced?

Looks like my page is back up. But they took my Y away. Only the shadow remains. 😱
BBD249B2-17E8-4B4B-8B9F-35FB86D0F046.jpeg

So what will you do when you need it be serviced?
Tesla has a mobile service here that comes to your house or another location of your choice. Last I saw they come out of Hilo, but I am going to check if there are any in Kona. I have a neighbor that has a Tesla and I intend on picking their brain for as much info as I can get. I'm also going to get involved with the local Tesla club.

Reactions: Soosh
Since almost no one is buying FSD and with the latest price increase maybe they are bringing free enhanced auto pilot and with that they can lower the price of FSD for the people who would like city driving once released. What is the point of FSD if 10% of people buying it.
I used to have FSD paid 5k on my model 3 2019 that I sold after 9 months of owning it and now no way I am paying 10k for that on my model y.

Reactions: Collette
Since almost no one is buying FSD and with the latest price increase maybe they are bringing free enhanced auto pilot and with that they can lower the price of FSD for the people who would like city driving once released. What is the point of FSD if 10% of people buying it.
I used to have FSD paid 5k on my model 3 2019 that I sold after 9 months of owning it and now no way I am paying 10k for that on my model y.
I agree that FSD isn’t worth the cost. The FSD hardware took a lot of time and money to develop, and is built into every new car, so Tesla definitely wants return on that investment, and to maintain the superior tech image. But, like you said, why price it so high that it reduces the take rate? Tesla leadership isn’t stupid though, they’re smart strategists with always something up their sleeve, just like when they announced Plaid in response to the Porsche Taycan or just enough range bump to claim bragging rights over the Lucid Air. By pricing FSD so high, it sort of makes a subscription option all the more palatable.

I didn’t really use all the extra FSD features either. Summon was cool for demonstration purposes and I can easily live without auto lane changes or Navigate on Autopilot. I will say though that NoA was very impressive during one scenario. I had the car on NoA and it was exiting the freeway. The off ramp has a blind curve and there was unexpected construction cones. The Model S detected the scene faster than I could react and automatically slowed the car down without drama (although my pulse spiked)! That level of safety and monitoring is what can sell FSD to more people. Tesla should market that aspect more and give buyers a 1-month trial so they can experience what they’ll miss without FSD. Right now basic AP is good enough, but how do you expect people to upgrade to FSD without showing them what it’s like?

Last edited: