Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Smithers is now parked in the garage. Delivery was smooth, the vehicle had no external cosmetic issues.

I've scheduled mobile service for the passenger side of the wireless charger and the driver's side laundry hook. Other than that, no other issues at all.

So far, no radar AP has worked just as well as radar AP. Our drive home involved a mix of open roads and heavy traffic, and it handled following, hard braking, and everything else smoothly.

I called the SC he told me it might have been the cars that were ordered and not picked up. Due financial or the person just decided they didn’t want them anymore. So i was able to check the night they released them at 2:30 am and found a bunch in a 200 mile radius ( Chicago n Indianapolis for me) they had one with the exact same configuration I had ordered so I basically I ordered another one. I got the VIN right away. So I guess keep checking that inventory everyday. Just in case you might find something that close to or exact one you are looking for
How does existing inventory work? Does existing inventory mean nobody has ordered that configuration and it's up for grabs? I find it hard to believe that with the thousands of people waiting for their orders that nobody had ordered that configuratio

Smithers is now parked in the garage. Delivery was smooth, the vehicle had no external cosmetic issues.

I've scheduled mobile service for the passenger side of the wireless charger and the driver's side laundry hook. Other than that, no other issues at all.

So far, no radar AP has worked just as well as radar AP. Our drive home involved a mix of open roads and heavy traffic, and it handled following, hard braking, and everything else smoothly.

Excellent! ;)

I made a custom order 5/1 for a MYLR Black/Black 5 seater with 20" Inductions for delivery in CA and a SA recently said the backend system had it scheduled for one of the last days of June along with a warning that it may get shifted to end of Q3 if there's any delays. Ended up deciding to call around during the demo car drop today to see if I can ensure something sooner instead.

Got super lucky with my first call and the SA at the closest sales center found a demo vehicle literally delivered yesterday, not even detailed from the trip from Fremont yet, with only 17 miles and an end of April build. The only difference is this one had the 19" wheels instead. I was allowed to go in person to inspect before deciding and the car looked great along with the pleasant surprise of including passenger lumbar support still. The Monroney sticker shows 04/2021 Date of Manufacture and "Eight cameras and twelve ultrasonic sensors" - no mention of radar. Made a new order on the spot (keeping my original order in case any rejection worthy things come to light) and will be taking delivery in 2 days!

I ordered my Model Y with the following options:
Performance, Blue, black interior, tow
Just finalized setting up date for delivery next week, looked at details of my order, and noticed that autopilot has been added as an option.
I didn’t order it. Anyone else see this as an added feature?

Attachments

• F0B6646C-0AD2-488C-B232-8808D4591DED.png
    F0B6646C-0AD2-488C-B232-8808D4591DED.png
    389.5 KB · Views: 63
Just finalized setting up date for delivery next week, looked at details of my order, and noticed that autopilot has been added as an option.
it's just Autopilot and not FSD that costs 10k

Jesus! I hope they don't have that kind of power/control. We're paying 50k-60k for this vehicle, and we're expected to kiss a** too? 😁 🤣
Haha yeah, for sure! Their customer service needs work. They’re understaffed, don’t communicate production changes, and their production/delivery method means customer facing personnel have eight weeks of doing very little, followed by four weeks of absolute insanity.

I’d say no need to kiss ass (like bribe them with gifts or compliments). Just treat them as you would anyone else, with basic decency and respect. People in other transactions have massive power/control over us as well, and can make or break your day. Whether it’s your banker, realtor, employer, or employee. I know I’ve provided a lot more than $60k worth of value to my employer but we both still treat each other nicely. Hell, the min wage barista can ruin your experience.

Reactions: JerseyShoreMY
Here is a great article that explains what the differences are. You are not alone, this is probably the most common misunderstanding with Tesla

FSD vs Autopilot

Reactions: Soosh and elguapo
I just had a thought….. what if all of these demos are being dumped because the new door panels are about to be released and they want all of the demo vehicles to match the new order spec’s?

This is very concerning for me because I have MY w/black/white interior on order and really don’t like the new white interior door panels. 😬
This sounds about right. Creating a sense of scarcity by pushing delivery dates, then releasing all the demo cars at once... Looks like they want to refresh their Demo Inventory... So what's new with the cars in transit? new panel? new batteries? Radar?

Reactions: elguapo
Here is a great article that explains what the differences are. You are not alone, this is probably the most common misunderstanding with Tesla

FSD vs Autopilot
Thanks..that was helpful…
However the woman did mention something interesting..that software upgrades sometimes changes available options within autopilot…
Something I will have to be aware of when I pick mine up.
I always look through the owners manual on each vehicle I’ve bought…this being no different…but I have noticed that the manual offered for download hasn’t kept up with the changes being made…

6/3 dates changed to June 17th - June 30th. Never ending game. With my luck the car will be in next week while I am out of town and my wife cannot pick it up because it is registered in both our names. My SA on Monday said it seems we will get it this month end. So he is sure it won't come next week. But as everyone knows the dates are very unpredictable with Tesla.
WOW. No Changes this morning yet on my account. May be my car is being manufactured. Since Monday the dates have been shifting by a day.

Welcome home Baymax!
I Ordered May 7th, Text to make appointment May 29, vin assigned same day. Pick up June 03.
195XXX. The car is in great shape after updates everything seems to be working fine. The FSD is fun and can’t wait to explore more. AP did real well in the rain. Coming from a Subaru Crosstrek. Great upgrade from a great car. Already added mud flaps from abstract ocean. And possible rear PPF panels once the weather clears up (also Abstract) also I ordered the quick bandit front license plate holder. I was happy SC (Springfield NJ) didn’t install. I Never once talked to anyone from Tesla except when I handed in the paper work, they asked if I had any questions. Delivery took less than 30 min after a once over and I did a check list exam once i got home. First appointment for service scheduled (mobile service) for passenger door/window rattle ☹️ Driving me crazy (not a far drive) anyone else have the same issue? I’m trying to narrow down if it’s the window or door. but overall I’m extremely happy. Great not having to deal with the “dealership” experience and no more gas stations!!! Easy set up at home with a 40 amp primecom charger (needed 30ft cord)
Already using and loving stats for Tesla and Optiwatt! I love the Siri and Apple Watch controls.
Not delivered with passenger lumbar, rear PPF or mud flaps. I think I covered it all. Thanks everyone for making this relatively short wait informative and fun.

Attachments

• 522D1072-EEDD-4C04-8C07-3AB33809CF42.jpeg
    522D1072-EEDD-4C04-8C07-3AB33809CF42.jpeg
    231.2 KB · Views: 59
  • DF6D2ED9-505C-4228-9AF0-1A43FFDE70FA.jpeg
    DF6D2ED9-505C-4228-9AF0-1A43FFDE70FA.jpeg
    696.8 KB · Views: 56
  • 18630521-CADD-4E66-AC4E-9AE04A4511CA.jpeg
    18630521-CADD-4E66-AC4E-9AE04A4511CA.jpeg
    255 KB · Views: 52