Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes it can be removed. Demos are in perfect shape. Its the show car.
Demo's have mileage on them, they're not show cars. I just checked for my config and they have the same except induction wheels. The cost is the same as if I ordered that config about a month ago. So they're basically taking $1k off for cars with 2k miles, but if you factor back in the price increases for those with existing orders, its not worth it. This is basically an incentive to push cars to people who haven't previously placed orders, not to those waiting in line.

So I haven't been around as much since picking up the car (haven't actually been home much this week), but here's the details of what I ordered, when it was built, when I received:

5/14 - Ordered - MYP Blue/Black
5/21 - Car built
5/28 - Received VIN and the "accept Tesla Vision" button
5/30 - Picked up car

Mine was delivered to the Cleveland location, which I live near. The Mobile Connector that came with the car was faulty and wouldn't charge more than 8A, but I made a trip up there the next day and they replaced it after testing it for like 30 seconds. New one does 12A/120V without an issue while I wait for the electrician to do my wiring to a detached garage for the actual wall charger install. At this point it's charging more than I drive in a day, I just want to be prepared for the summer months when I might not be able to charge every day and I'm driving more.

EDIT: Should also mention that the car was flawless. No joke, I looked over everything for 20+ minutes and didn't find a single issue. The interior, exterior, features, etc... are all exactly as-expected. I've gone through luxury cars every ~2-3 years, so I'm used to quality cars and this thing is easily right up there with any of them.

Demo's have mileage on them, they're not show cars. I just checked for my config and they have the same except induction wheels. The cost is the same as if I ordered that config about a month ago. So they're basically taking $1k off for cars with 2k miles, but if you factor back in the price increases for those with existing orders, its not worth it. This is basically an incentive to push cars to people who haven't previously placed orders, not to those waiting in line.

If you have an older order RN# date - they price match your MSRP with the order date. If the MY has other options, you just have to cover those options.

Welcome home Baymax!
I Ordered May 7th, Text to make appointment May 29, vin assigned same day. Pick up June 03.
195XXX. The car is in great shape after updates everything seems to be working fine. The FSD is fun and can’t wait to explore more. AP did real well in the rain. Coming from a Subaru Crosstrek. Great upgrade from a great car. Already added mud flaps from abstract ocean. And possible rear PPF panels once the weather clears up (also Abstract) also I ordered the quick bandit front license plate holder. I was happy SC (Springfield NJ) didn’t install. I Never once talked to anyone from Tesla except when I handed in the paper work, they asked if I had any questions. Delivery took less than 30 min after a once over and I did a check list exam once i got home. First appointment for service scheduled (mobile service) for passenger door/window rattle ☹️ Driving me crazy (not a far drive) anyone else have the same issue? I’m trying to narrow down if it’s the window or door. but overall I’m extremely happy. Great not having to deal with the “dealership” experience and no more gas stations!!! Easy set up at home with a 40 amp primecom charger (needed 30ft cord)
Already using and loving stats for Tesla and Optiwatt! I love the Siri and Apple Watch controls.
Not delivered with passenger lumbar, rear PPF or mud flaps. I think I covered it all. Thanks everyone for making this relatively short wait informative and fun.
I love this so much. I've always thought the Tesla seats look a bit like marshmallows. But this, this is perfect!

Welcome home Baymax!
I Ordered May 7th, Text to make appointment May 29, vin assigned same day. Pick up June 03.
195XXX. The car is in great shape after updates everything seems to be working fine. The FSD is fun and can’t wait to explore more. AP did real well in the rain. Coming from a Subaru Crosstrek. Great upgrade from a great car. Already added mud flaps from abstract ocean. And possible rear PPF panels once the weather clears up (also Abstract) also I ordered the quick bandit front license plate holder. I was happy SC (Springfield NJ) didn’t install. I Never once talked to anyone from Tesla except when I handed in the paper work, they asked if I had any questions. Delivery took less than 30 min after a once over and I did a check list exam once i got home. First appointment for service scheduled (mobile service) for passenger door/window rattle ☹️ Driving me crazy (not a far drive) anyone else have the same issue? I’m trying to narrow down if it’s the window or door. but overall I’m extremely happy. Great not having to deal with the “dealership” experience and no more gas stations!!! Easy set up at home with a 40 amp primecom charger (needed 30ft cord)
Already using and loving stats for Tesla and Optiwatt! I love the Siri and Apple Watch controls.
Not delivered with passenger lumbar, rear PPF or mud flaps. I think I covered it all. Thanks everyone for making this relatively short wait informative and fun.
The seats - that is HILARIOUS!

With the door rattle - before the mobile service comes see if you want to DIY and get a quick fix (so it bugs you less). I had the same issue with my M3P. Service took the door apart and couldn't find anything wrong. Went to see them another day, it was raining and I couldn't hear the noise on my drive there (naturally). Then the service guy immediately knew what was going on.

The plastic triangle that is attached to the mirror sometimes rub against the plastic trim (the soft rubbery one on the car). A quick fix is to apply.some plastic conditioner or lube on that little triangle - that will.ekliminate the running (rattling) noise.

Could be something else too. But won't hurt to try this and might save your problem

Does releasing that many demos also indicate that there is a change to the car as well? Noticed a bunch of demos pop up here in Canada as well.
In short, yes. Tesla is constantly changing their cars, sometimes better, sometimes worse. Mostly they're under the hood, so to speak, but some affect user experience.

Earlier this year there were a bunch of improvements (as considered by most), such as center consoles that were easier to open/close and matte finish instead of gloss, double glazed front windows, updated heat pump, etc.

Read through some of the other threads or go on youtube to compare the original Model Y to the revised Model Y. Recently there's been some degraded components such as removal of radar, nerfed autopilot sw (to compensate for removal of radar), and removal of passenger seat lumbar adjustment. Yeah, Tesla better get new demo cars to reflect the pass. seat "update" and radar-less AP - it's the least they could do to not mislead potential buyers.

Finally got a text yesterday to schedule delivery. Took a short break from checking the forums daily while on vacation and I haven’t seen anybody mention the updated headlights on the LR. Any news on this?
Nope, all the LR's are still getting delivered with the old headlights only the P currently gets the new ones. Not sure how many they have left in inventory before they make the swap but hopefully soon! I'd love the wait to result in something good! :D

Reactions: casey1202
For those who have already picked up or will be picking up, how does the scheduling work in terms of availability? So is a date range provided to you to schedule a pickup within? How many days is that window, typically? Are we talking a week?

That's how it worked for me. I think I had a 5 day window to pick from, and then times starting at 11am on the day I picked. I, of course, picked the first available day and the first available time. I called MK later and had it moved up two days. When I set the appointment originally the car was either being built or in transit. The text confirmation said the appt. could move a bit depending on when they actually received the car.

Reactions: suprax
So I haven't been around as much since picking up the car (haven't actually been home much this week), but here's the details of what I ordered, when it was built, when I received:

5/14 - Ordered - MYP Blue/Black
5/21 - Car built
5/28 - Received VIN and the "accept Tesla Vision" button
5/30 - Picked up car

Mine was delivered to the Cleveland location, which I live near. The Mobile Connector that came with the car was faulty and wouldn't charge more than 8A, but I made a trip up there the next day and they replaced it after testing it for like 30 seconds. New one does 12A/120V without an issue while I wait for the electrician to do my wiring to a detached garage for the actual wall charger install. At this point it's charging more than I drive in a day, I just want to be prepared for the summer months when I might not be able to charge every day and I'm driving more.

EDIT: Should also mention that the car was flawless. No joke, I looked over everything for 20+ minutes and didn't find a single issue. The interior, exterior, features, etc... are all exactly as-expected. I've gone through luxury cars every ~2-3 years, so I'm used to quality cars and this thing is easily right up there with any of them.
I ordered 5/12. Current EDD is 7/1-8/1

Well I decided to do an ACH payment instead of cashiers check because I do not live near my local credit union. I kept getting an error when trying to make a payment.

Woke up this morning to the down payment taken out of my account, but Tesla says I still did not pay. Spoke to my SA who now needs to reach out to financing to figure it out. Thank goodness my delivery appointment is still a week away.

So a demo with my exact spec popped up in my area. It's only $500 off and has 2300 miles but it's a 158xxx VIN with the radar and passenger lumbar as well as new center console and heated steering wheel according to the SA so I switched my order to it. Not super happy about the miles but I think I would rather have the missing features and it has a small discount over what I originally paid. Also my EDD is now 6/4 - 6/7 so I get it about 2 weeks earlier as well. Hopefully there's nothing horribly wrong with it cause if there is I will have delayed my order for god knows how long.