Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got a note that my demo inventory car is available. I still have my original order. I just found out that the VIN is before the refreshed console and heated steering wheel. Should I reject this car and wait till September for my original order?
OBV. a very personal decision but I think a lot of people would prefer the new console and heated steering wheel... However if you are big fan of radar vs TV you are for sure to get radar in that car... at least until they disable it via SW update LOL

In the case of mine that I found in 'new inventory' and ordered, my SA confirmed it's a brand new build in transport to my SC and was unmatched from the customer who ordered it for whatever reason - could be financing, etc. It's strange that they don't then re-match to the next customer who has an order in. Perhaps dumping it into 'inventory' allows it to be sold for the current pricing and not the cheaper pricing that many people have orders in for already? Seems like a lot of work to do this, though.
I don't think it's much work at all, it just goes to inventory, which they know sells quick. Since the car was never used, it remains new, inspecting it by opening the doors and hoods doesn't make it a used vehicle. They allow up to 50 miles for it to be "new" so even if someone drove it around the parking lot before refusing it, it's still "new."

Obviously anecdotal, but I don’t recall a single person on here, Facebook or Reddit refuse their delivery. Almost everyone said that issues were minor. To me it looks like they’re in process of refreshing their loaner inventory. With the pause in shipments when they were switching to full vision they might have gone longer they’d like before getting rid of their loaners.
If you look around there are stories of refused deliveries. I almost refused my P3D+ in 2018. You gotta weigh dealing with them fixing it (which they did, but I was w/o the car for 10 days) vs just waiting on another one -- in this shortage, there'd have to be something extreme, but not everybody is on forums like this one or must have a Tesla like us. Imagine someone coming from ICE luxo cars who's not super sure about EVs getting something with panel gaps and paint issues. They'll refuse it and never come back, and you'll never hear about it (at least not on Tesla forums -- tho once in a while one will come to the Tesla subreddit and post, which is unfortunately usually deleted by the mods).

I remb reading a recent refusal where the guy actually said he was surprised that they just put the car he refused back on the lot instead of sending it to be fixed, and it had some major issues with the glass roof.

• Informative
Reactions: und2000
Thanks! I use Erie already and will have my fingers crossed when I get my quote for the new MYLR.
Cool. Don't be fooled by a potential upsell too.

They wanted an extra $182 per year for a new car or 2 year newer car replacement. I asked, ok so if I don't get that what happens if I total it next week? They said you'll get the MSRP for the model year equivalent with current mileage taken into account. But with it you get whatever the newest model year is up to 2 years newer. And I said back, well the MSRP has gone up $2,500 since I bought this, so I think I'm ok for now and don't need the extra add-on. I'll reconsider in a couple years.

Reactions: JohnC-PA
gave up on the MYLR and just bought an inventory MY-P from SLC to PHX with 9 miles and just got the vin. Only $500 to transport (aka pay more to take a car off their hands)
I wish I could snag an inventory model right now. There's a MYP blue/ black 5 seat close to me that is "in the budget" but more expensive than the configured MYLR that I have on order but I am going through a home refi and want to get that finalized before smacking my credit score again with another inquiry.

Not much for a report from 18.2 to 18.3... while on a one lane road following a car in front, MAYBE AP seems to leave a bit more space now.
Might be 5 car lengths following distance rather than 4 car lengths while at 40 mph, but really I am used to more distance in leeway and safety room. If AP follows too close, you are not going to relax while driving. That is where we are today.

Any other reports on the new 18.3 update and no radar, let's hear it!
My car isn’t even showing an update for 18.3!

Just got my car insurance official with the removal of the 2018 Outlander PHEV GT (20,000 miles) and adding the 2021 Model Y AWD (6 miles). Policy includes a 2013 Kia Sorento. I had received an estimated quote a month ago and saw the rate would go up about $200 for exact same coverage. Clearly the MY has a higher cost of replacement. However, to much of my surprise, upon e-signing the official change today, my annual premium went DOWN by $21!

Is this because of all the additional safety features? Even though no radar? The car also worth like $25,000 more. Maybe I'm missing something?

View attachment 674430
This is good news! I will be coming from an Outlander PHEV as well.

Hey guys, longtime lurker here.

Ordered 5/12 (MYLR, MSM/Black, 5 seat, Tow, 19"). EDD started at 5-11 weeks, then 3-13 weeks, 6/16-6/30, 7/19-8/8, September a few days ago, then 7/18-8/7 yesterday. Last night as we were sitting down to dinner I got a text to schedule delivery! So I'm picking it up in Westmont IL on Tuesday. VIN 206xxx.

I called the store and they said the car is currently in Boise (sort of a circuitous route to Chicago?) with 3 miles on it, mfg date of 6/6.

Seems like this is happening - a bit faster than planned. I have a JuiceBox, but don't have the garage wired yet LOL!

Ordered 5/12 (MYLR, MSM/Black, 5 seat, Tow, 19"). EDD started at 5-11 weeks, then 3-13 weeks, 6/16-6/30, 7/19-8/8, September a few days ago, then 7/18-8/7 yesterday. Last night as we were sitting down to dinner I got a text to schedule delivery! So I'm picking it up in Westmont IL on Tuesday. VIN 206xxx.

I called the store and they said the car is currently in Boise (sort of a circuitous route to Chicago?) with 3 miles on it, mfg date of 6/6.

Seems like this is happening - a bit faster than planned. I have a JuiceBox, but don't have the garage wired yet LOL!
Nice, same config as mine! Hope you enjoy it!

Reactions: BitJam

What a pleasant surprise! So you got the text to schedule delivery before the car even arrived there?

It is frustrating, to say the least, to see people with order dates later than mine getting their VINs and taking delivery, while mine has dropped from late June earlier this week to September today.

I’m not frustrated at anyone here of course; I’m happy people are getting their cars. I’d just like to be in that group also.
I wonder if it's an Ohio thing? Ordered our MY April 28. It slipped from late June EDD to July 22- Aug 11 lately, then this week it has bounced back and forth between that and just "september". Today it's back to just "September" after reverting to July 22-Aug 11 yesterday. Frustrating but of course I'm not going to cancel the order.
Definitely an Ohio thing. In the same boat

Reactions: ELECDRM
Just got a note that my demo inventory car is available. I still have my original order. I just found out that the VIN is before the refreshed console and heated steering wheel. Should I reject this car and wait till September for my original order?
Hmm, I do prefer the new console, and definitely the heated steering wheel is nice to have. Does it have auto-dim mirrors and double glazed glass?

It will have passenger lumbar adjustment, which is a great feature now missing on the current batch of Model Y.

Like @digitalboi said, you'll be getting radar, which is a plus. Just gotta decide now what's important to you!

Reactions: HappyToDrive
Congrats on getting access to your car! ROFL

What's your VIN?

You should see the referral miles as soon as you get the car on your account. You have to open the loot box to see them (and their expiration date). If you don't see them by now you need to reach out to [email protected] and ask the person who's code you used if they see your order on their account.
Thanks! I’ll send an email. My referral person did get their miles already.
VIN: 202xxx