Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ok, I believe the best method for getting a demo/inventory car is to just snag it with another $100 deposit, and then have them remove FSD if need be? Not in a crazy rush but do want to get something before the 60 day finance approval expires and they have to do another hard pull on my credit.
yes- there is a button for you to remove FSD once it's reserved.

Reactions: BitJam
OBV. a very personal decision but I think a lot of people would prefer the new console and heated steering wheel... However if you are big fan of radar vs TV you are for sure to get radar in that car... at least until they disable it via SW update LOL
I attended a webinar last night hosted by PA Tesla club and it was mentioned that there's a rumor going around that radar might make a comeback at some point. One person commented that the supplier of the radar to Tesla (Bosch) had encountered chip supply problems that could eventually be resolved. Additional commentary indicated that retrofit of cars could occur as the radar equipment is in a place in the car where it's somewhat easily accessible.

Since the car was never used, it remains new, inspecting it by opening the doors and hoods doesn't make it a used vehicle. They allow up to 50 miles for it to be "new" so even if someone drove it around the parking lot before refusing it, it's still "new."
True! But it's a bit more than that. It could have thousands of miles on it and have considerable wear and tear, yet still be considered new. New or used has nothing to do with mileage, but rather whether it has been titled and registered to someone other than the original dealership or manufacturer. Demo cars, test drive cars, factory or dealer cars used by company employees, and service loaner cars may all potentially be sold as legally "new" cars. So yes, practice due diligence!

I attended a webinar last night hosted by PA Tesla club and it was mentioned that there's a rumor going around that radar might make a comeback at some point. One person commented that the supplier of the radar to Tesla (Bosch) had encountered chip supply problems that could eventually be resolved. Additional commentary indicated that retrofit of cars could occur as the radar equipment is in a place in the car where it's somewhat easily accessible.
Bosch running into production shortages is the most logical explanation of why Tesla removed radar on North American Model 3 and Model Y. Pure Vision and/or Tesla Vision (depending on the tweet) was supposed to be mind-blowing, according to Elon, but that seemed to be more marketing hyperbole rather than owner experience so far.

Any good reasoning / speculation on why most of April orders went to the bottom of the order pile?
A BAD reason would be they are unsure they can get radar-free back up to parity. Since April orders were made before Tesla announced they were removing radar they want to postpone dealing with April orders until either they get radar-free working properly or they get the radar parts back in stock.

WOW Nice surprise! So you get to pick it up on Monday?! Did you ever get an automated call or TXT about scheduling delivery or did the SC just call you directly to set it up?
Yeah we pick up on Monday. No automated notifications prior to them calling. I did receive an email this morning about paying the down payment/balance. Every other communication from Tesla has been directly from the SA.

A BAD reason would be they are unsure they can get radar-free back up to parity. Since April orders were made before Tesla announced they were removing radar they want to postpone dealing with April orders until either they get radar-free working properly or they get the radar parts back in stock.
When you put it like that, sounds like something Tesla would do.

Bosch running into production shortages is the most logical explanation of why Tesla removed radar on North American Model 3 and Model Y. Pure Vision and/or Tesla Vision (depending on the tweet) was supposed to be mind-blowing, according to Elon, but that seemed to be more marketing hyperbole rather than owner experience so far.
I agree. When the change was announced, it just didn't make sense to me that a decision was purposely made to reduce the number of active sensors that are there to form the safety umbrella for the car. Even if the radar was not the primary input to autopilot and/or FSD decision making, it IS a tool in the box that provides another layer of specialized input to that process.

If I do find an inventory car that I like (enough to pay new price), do I place a new order to secure it and have SA match to acct, or do I call it in and risk it being gone by the time I talk to someone?
IMO if you wait then it's most likely the car will be snapped up by someone else. They often go in minutes.
Has anyone considered that some (most?) of the new inventory cars are rejected deliveries? With this high demand, I don't see how else inventory cars would show up.
The Tesla site tells you if it is a demo in the block of text in the upper right that starts with the price. From what I've seen demos have about 500 miles on them. I see several cars now in the Denver area that have < 50 miles and don't say "demo". There are many reasons for rejecting a car. I doubt Tesla would try to sell the same car again without fixing fit/finish issues that caused the rejection.

How long did it take for you guys to receive your motor vehicle purchase agreement? I only see the order agreement and lending agreement online, and I am assuming the purchase agreement will be send to me through mail.
MVPA is for people not financing through Tesla, if you are financing through Tesla you don't need MVPA, you get the Lending Agreement instead.

Wow
Cross-post from CA Waiting room.

Holy Guacamole!!! I just got the big blue button and my VIN! 😄

EDD the past few days has been 6/17-6/29. Order date was 4/22, eight weeks ago today.

VIN 2132xx
Costa Mesa (Irvine) delivery
Did you get the update in the middle of the day or on your first log in today? Wondering if they are updating the status only once in a day

IMO if you wait then it's most likely the car will be snapped up by someone else. They often go in minutes.

The Tesla site tells you if it is a demo in the block of text in the upper right that starts with the price. From what I've seen demos have about 500 miles on them. I see several cars now in the Denver area that have < 50 miles and don't say "demo". There are many reasons for rejecting a car. I doubt Tesla would try to sell the same car again without fixing fit/finish issues that caused the rejection.
Here in the NE the demo cars generally have over 1,000 miles on them. One or two had 2,800 or so miles, with a lovely discount of only $600.

BTW, has anyone here in the NE noticed there have been no Demo/Inventory cars coming out of NJ, only Philly, NY Metro and D.C.?

Been stalking the boards for a while but thought I'd share my pertinent dates now that it seems my MYLR is going to arrive.
White on white 7 pass w/19s
Ordered on 5/10
VIN appeared on 6/5
Scheduled delivery appt for 6/20
Was told yesterday that it would arrive at the service center on 6/18

Will report back on my delivery experience once she is sitting my garage!
Anyone else order the 7 pass? That seems to possibly be the variable that may have helped my order to delivery timeline of 40 days...

Reactions: elguapo