Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Be ready for date changes roller coaster, I don't think cash or loan makes any differences.
I ordered March 23, here my date changes:

04.17 - 05.06
04.18 - 05.06
04.19 - 05.06
04.20 - 05.06
04.21 - 05.06
04.22 - 05.06
04.23 - 05.06
04.28 - 05.18
04.29 - 05.19
05.11 - 05.31
05.04 - 05.18
05.11 - 05.31
05.08 - 05.24
05.12 - 06.01
05.11 - 05.31
05.12 - 05.31 today
Love the car but this is the WORST sales experience ever.

Ordered 4/12 MY7 Blue on Black, Tow + FSD
4/12 - 4/21: May 05 - 25
4/22 - May 06 - 25
4/23 - May 07 - 25
4/24 - May 08 - 25
4/25 - June 16 - 30
4/26 - June 16 - 30
4/27 - June 16 - 30

The strange thing is estimated delivery for new orders is 3 - 7 weeks. Wondering if i should cancel and reorder ;)

View attachment 657410
Yeah I actually had a performance model Y ordered, and was actually filled with a VIN number in less than 5 days. However I decided to switch to the long range to allow myself to obtain FSD. Well little did I know the model Y long range is literally the only vehicle that has this estimated delivery time frame. Sigh. I am going to the tesla center this weekend to test drive the model 3 and model y again to see if I would prefer to just pull the trigger on a model 3 and get my order filled in a timely manner. We will see. Also have a test drive set up for a Mach-E on saturday as well.

Reactions: Emmadiane
Love the car but this is the WORST sales experience ever.
Yeah they could be more accurate. I am sorry this is the worst experience for you.

For me it can be better but then I think - The other car companies just doesnt give us solid delivery dates and update it every single day.

I used to get delivery windows (usually the month) from a dealership but even then it could be late/delayed due to shipping or customs issues - so back then it was like you get an update when you ask, and they dont push the date back until I was like a week before delivery (instead of real time (albeit inaccurate)).

One delivery to where? Here our center gets a couple car carriers a week and more near the end of the quarter.

I happened to be in the area and stopped by our SC. Of course the delivery agent wasn’t available since it was lunch but I noticed 4 or 5 cars inside the “show room” area. All were white MY and a M3. Specifically, one looked exactly like my build and one looked like your build. Unfortunately I couldn’t get inside to check out the VINs to confirm. We’re getting close!

Ordered 3/28. Just received a text for a delivery date which is may 9th, on the website it says final step is the down payment for the lease, do I have to submit that now or can I do it day of pick up?
Last time for me (2019) I could bring in a bank draft (or cashier order? sorry forgot the exact name) with the down payment amount.

This time I am seeing that they want ACH transfer. I am not sure and have the same question as well!

If my local SC sales isn't picking up who should I call to talk to someone?
Do what I did... I called Tesla and when it asks to put in your zip code put another one. When the SA picks up say, I have a few questions, can I give you my RN # . They’ve helped me! (My eatonville location in Orlando SUCKS. I literally drive south 20 minutes to go to another Tesla location)

Everything I’ve heard is that you can (and should) wait to make the payment until after you’ve inspected the vehicle.
The text from Tesla states

"You must complete the following in your Tesla Account before delivery:
- Electronically sign your contract, which will be available on 4/28
- Submit final payment, if necessary

Once your Model Y is dropped off, you will receive an email to electronically accept delivery, which must be completed within 24 hours of receipt. Please reply to this text with any questions."

Interestingly I just received a text from my Tesla Advisor. Even though he had originally told me he didn’t want to put a hold on my order and he would just delay delivery once the first VIN is assigned to better align with a July/August delivery. And he did it today without asking me. A little strange. Not too big of a deal, but a little surprised:

“Hi Steven, wanted to give you a heads up, I've placed a pause on your order until 7/23. This will prevent our systems from trying to find a Model Y to link to your order and better align with your goal of an August - September delivery. If for any reason you want us to open up your order sooner to receive a Model Y, let us know and we can make that adjustment for you. Hope all is well, talk to you soon.”

Yeah I actually had a performance model Y ordered, and was actually filled with a VIN number in less than 5 days. However I decided to switch to the long range to allow myself to obtain FSD. Well little did I know the model Y long range is literally the only vehicle that has this estimated delivery time frame. Sigh. I am going to the tesla center this weekend to test drive the model 3 and model y again to see if I would prefer to just pull the trigger on a model 3 and get my order filled in a timely manner. We will see. Also have a test drive set up for a Mach-E on saturday as well.
I thought the M3 has even more of a delay in delivery? That’s why I ended up going with the Model Y.

You're right, mine was at 10.4% as well.
Talked to the Renton location about the tax and it seems they add a 0.3% excise tax to new vehicle purchase. So 10.1 + 0.3 = 10.4%. On the WA state licensing website it explain it as "Use tax is calculated at the same rate as the sales tax at the purchaser's address. In addition to the general use tax rate, vehicles are charged an additional 0.3% motor vehicle sales/use tax". Great, washington with all their added tax and additional EV fees they will charge *sigh*

Can anyone access the order detail page? Am I refreshing it too often and got ban? 🤣🤣

1619550195912.png

I happened to be in the area and stopped by our SC. Of course the delivery agent wasn’t available since it was lunch but I noticed 4 or 5 cars inside the “show room” area. All were white MY and a M3. Specifically, one looked exactly like my build and one looked like your build. Unfortunately I couldn’t get inside to check out the VINs to confirm. We’re getting close!
Thanks for the report. I plan to get by tomorrow and then to the Town Center too. I have paid balance now. I think my SA is out. He usually is off on Tuesday. I also want to check on the construction progress of out new V3 Supercharger. Really looking forward to having that one close by.

My accessories arrived yesterday too. I ordered guards for behind the wheels to prevent paint damage. Also a drawer for center console to store sunglasses.

Still waiting for floor mats to arrive.