Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Interesting- The staging area lot at Fremont is pretty empty which means Tesla is shipping out about as fast as they are producing. Compare to a few weeks ago when the lot was packed.

This is a good indicator of what Elon said was Model Y will soon exceed Model 3 demand. Wait till a tax credit comes out. If Texas line isn't up and running, the wait time could be 4 months.

Reactions: Emmadiane
I’m picking mine up Friday. Tried to get them to let me pick it up from Service Center, but no dice. On the flipside, everything rlse panned out and I got 10,500 off the car in incentives and rebates. And I’m going through the motions to get the 2500 incentive to get the Tesla charger and a Nema 14-50 installed. Still gotta see how bad the Tesla body panel gap lotto is though.

For the first time in 2+ weeks my estimated date did not move. still 5/9-5/27. Which means I am 11 (GASP) days from the first date instead of the infinite 12 as they kept pushing it back 1 day every day.

Also, something I figured out, my longer delay than other Texas people is 100% due to configuration. In the spreadsheet tracker discussion they broke down orders & time to delivery by 3 metrics: outside color, interior color, and tow/no tow to see some patterns. Apparently in the entire spreadsheet I am the only one with my configuration......yea....ouch.

For the first time in 2+ weeks my estimated date did not move. still 5/9-5/27. Which means I am 11 (GASP) days from the first date instead of the infinite 12 as they kept pushing it back 1 day every day.

Also, something I figured out, my longer delay than other Texas people is 100% due to configuration. In the spreadsheet tracker discussion they broke down orders & time to delivery by 3 metrics: outside color, interior color, and tow/no tow to see some patterns. Apparently in the entire spreadsheet I am the only one with my configuration......yea....ouch.
Oh jeez that explain alot because before I cancelled my original reservation I had the same config as you. MYLR Gemini just no tow-hitch. I gave up and got an existing MYLR in blue and black and then the day after I found an existing LRMY in Red with white interior just with the caveat that the config is a 7 seater. I'm guessing Red isn't a popular color since yea, now that you mention it, I rarely see it on the road.

Oh jeez that explain alot because before I cancelled my original reservation I had the same config as you. MYLR Gemini just no tow-hitch. I gave up and got an existing MYLR in blue and black and then the day after I found an existing LRMY in Red with white interior just with the caveat that the config is a 7 seater. I'm guessing Red isn't a popular color since yea, now that you mention it, I rarely see it on the road.
When my spouse and I ordered we toiled over blue vs red. We finally decided on red for a couple reasons, the red just looks gorgeous over other red cars we normal see (its the multi-coat depth that does it) and our current Chevy Bolt is blue, so we figured it would be better to have 2 different colors versus just 1. I think our choice would have been different if we knew the rarity/production problem. Side note - I miss the Metallic Green from my old Model S. I loved that color so much. So sad it went away.

Reactions: swheat6345
Order's stuck to the 15th and has been hovering here for the past 3 days. Good sign I hope!

Ordered on 4/21, MY LR , White and Black Interior, 19", delivery to San Diego

4/22 AM: May 22 - June 11
4/23 AM: May 20 - June 09
4/24 AM: May 30 - June 19
4/24 PM: June 02 - June 22
4/25 AM: May 15 - June 04
4/26 AM: May 14 - June 03
4/26 PM: May 16 - June 05
4/27 AM: May 15 - June 04
4/28 AM: May 15 - June 04

Reactions: Ubez
Hi all, new to the group. I just ordered a MYLR on 4/22. The first 2 days it showed a delivery estimate with dates. However, the past 4-5 days it just shows "5-9 weeks from date order placed". Am I the only one getting this type of message with no actual date range?

Hello All. I just wanted to know and what to expect with these current model y delivery times. I ordered mine on the 31st of March and on my account currently am seeing an expected delivery date of April 30 to May 20. It keeps changing. Are they usually accurate, can they be early? Thanks.
While I think the engineering of their cars is well above average they have a lot to learn about sales. This back and forth on delivery dates, not answering the phone when you call creates an awful experience for the buyer. They want us to adjust our lives around their schedules and that won’t hold up once the competition comes up to speed. In 6 months other Brands will eat their lunch If this continues. Engineering is only going to make a difference if you can sell it And Tesla is their own worst enemy.

Yeah the person I dealt with at the showroom basically said don’t expect anything until June, which is what I was content with, until I discovered the addictive and ever changing profile date range.

Though I am anxious, I mostly don’t want to get caught off guard in case it comes in May. I have several engagements and won’t be as flexible to accept delivery as I normally am.
100% same