Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has any SA truly been able to provide any insight on timing/delays/expectations? I feel like SA info is about as accurate/telling as sharing our delivery windows.
It's hard to say. My SA told me late last week that his "internal tool" showed him a manufacturing completion date of 5/23 with the caveat that this could change. Of course last week, it had my deliver date between 5/11 and May 5/25 (now it's 5/25 to 6/15). Since my dates started going backwards this week, I've emailed him 3 times and have been totally ghosted. So right now, I don't trust him nor the web site.

When I originally made the order, he told me it would probably be early to mid June. At this point, I regret even looking at the website because I was totally fine with that then. :)

Reactions: Emmadiane
I was looking through the master delivery spreadsheet, specifically looking at dates that corresponded to my order date but in the previous quarter. I ordered on 4/9/21 so I was looking at orders that happened on or around 1/9/21. And it looks like the # of days between order and VIN acquisition was anywhere between 35 and 70 days. So what we're seeing now (especially folks who ordered early to mid April) it seems like it's kind of on par with previous quarters and could still be another 20-40 days before we see an actual VIN. Just to keep things in perspective.
What about people who ordered near the end of Q1 who still have no VIN?

Has any SA truly been able to provide any insight on timing/delays/expectations? I feel like SA info is about as accurate/telling as sharing our delivery windows.
My SA has been pretty accurate. Even when I was test driving, he mentioned that it would be smart to put down my $100 because prices have been increasing and he expects it to happen again (this was on April 20). I assumed that was to apply a little pressure. He also said if I ordered then I’d be looking at a mid-June delivery, but that he anticipates this quarter selling out and that once that happens, I’d likely be looking at a September delivery.

So far, everything he said that I assumed was a line, was pretty spot on. My current delivery window is June 7-27.

What about people who ordered near the end of Q1 who still have no VIN?
It's hard to tell by looking at the spreadsheet the experience of people who ordered at the end of Q4 2020 because that's right smack in the Christmas holiday and it doesn't look like many people were ordering then (or at least not putting it on the spreadsheet). But if you go back one more quarter to mid to late September of 2020, the # of days from order to VIN is about what it was last quarter. You ordered 3/17 so if you look back at 9/16, there were people who waited 30, 33, 51, and 26 days between order and VIN. And then another 2 weeks or so for delivery. So you're definitely in the "higher" range but I'm not sure if we're comparing apples to apples by going back that far. It does seem like the demand is greater now than it was 6 months ago.

I got real great news on my end. So it seems like some of us are part of a software update issue problem and that's why we are not getting assigned VIN numbers from our portal. They have actually assigned me a VIN number but my own portal will not show it until next week around tuesday when they do a fix.

The vehicle is already in transit to tampa and tentatively scheduled for the 17th as a delivery date.

One thing i forgot to add, my SA mentioned that they got a pretty healthy inventory of Cars coming to Tampa at the end of next week we a very busy delivery schedule on the week of the 17th.

Last edited:
I got real great news on my end. So it seems like some of us are part of a software update issue problem and that's why we are not getting assigned VIN numbers from our portal. They have actually assigned me a VIN number but my own portal will not show it until next week around tuesday when they do a fix.

The vehicle is already in transit to tampa and tentatively scheduled for the 17th as a delivery date.

One thing i forgot to add, my SA mentioned that they got a pretty healthy inventory of Cars coming to Tampa at the end of next week we a very busy delivery schedule on the week of the 17th.
Nice! What was your order date?

I ordered 4/4 in Tampa. I’m really hoping that my model Y is part of that big delivery. Haven’t gotten a VIN yet.

Has anyone in LA/Orange County received any new info? Maybe from the website or SA? Just like @FastAttack said. There was a glitch in the portal which didn't allow the VIN to be visible on the website. REALLY HOPING this is the issue for many and we have a VIN without knowing (Wishful thinking).

Please let me know if you get any new info!! Thanks!

Reactions: Emmadiane