Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I have a different perspective.

When I ordered, website said 5 - 7 weeks, and just before I ordered the salesperson said "definitely" less than 5 weeks. What did I do based on this "definite" timeline? Sold my current car and lined up my financing. What does it look like now? I will be unnecessarily without a vehicle for at least another month and will undoubtedly have to apply for a second car loan because the first will probably expire before the car comes in.

I'm four weeks post order now, the website has consistently shown anywhere from 6 - 10 to 8 - 12 weeks (both specific dates and week ranges) since the day I ordered, and I can't get any information at all. The salesperson doesn't respond to text or email and the one or two people that I have talked to at the SC just keep telling me, "It's all good brother. I'm going to nab you a car any day now, just give me another week."

To make things worse, the latest projected delivery date, at the end of June, overlaps with a vacation (first in two years) and I was basically told that they would "put a note on my account" but, unfortunately, if I'm not in town to receive the car I just go back in the queue.

It's just poor form and, IMHO, is a crap first impression.

Agree. If their customers are willing to put up with the wait, Tesla should at minimum allow, someone who waited months, to put their delivery on hold for at least a week. It shows they just don’t care about customer service much.

I’m in the same boat as you..I will be gone on military orders the last two weeks of June..and I was told that I only have 3 days to pick up my car once it arrives …if I don’t, I have to reorder…
I have no problems waiting at all…but I will be pissed if after waiting, and the vehicle shows up when I’m not even in the country ..and they know this in advance…and then I have to reorder and wait again…
That’s some bs. Especially considering that you have no control over your deployment. I own a small business and I have service members make special requests sometimes and I’m always very happy to do so. The least us civilians can do.

So hitting the other Model Y spots this morning and came across a post from the FB Model Y group. Seems the cars made in March have serious issues with the Firmware. I presume this is the batch with the new chips. Sensors are failing, AutoPilot is failing, and they are waiting on the new firmware. I also saw in the news that the CA DMV is investigating Tesla right now as well.

I Will try to upload photos but my account is new-ish so I might not have rights.

At least this is more clues to what is going on. Lots of posts on the thread stating build date and similar issues. The plot thickens
While not great news, that’s super helpful.

Reactions: IAmCrispy
Anyone else order from the Minneapolis-Eden Prairie Dealership? I ordered my Long Range 5-seat Black on Black with the 20" Induction rims. According to my SA, I am eligible to be VIN Matched, just not yet matched. Currently my estimated dates are June 3 - June 23. Anxiously waiting.
I did! Config in sig. No word yet either but actually on my way there to see what’s in the lot, out of curiosity.

Reactions: Striker
Speculating here - could this "hold" be related to a firmware fix that could address the issue of drivers jumping into the backseat while on Autopilot?
As we have watched in the news lately, I would assume Tesla doesn't want this bad press to continue regarding its "Autopilot and FSD"
They already addressed this years ago with the seat sensor in the driver seat. Now if someone wants to buckle bricks into the front seat anyway, that’s where Darwinism kicks in…

Reactions: dsandhu
Anyone else order from the Minneapolis-Eden Prairie Dealership? I ordered my Long Range 5-seat Black on Black with the 20" Induction rims. According to my SA, I am eligible to be VIN Matched, just not yet matched. Currently my estimated dates are June 3 - June 23. Anxiously waiting.
I’m St Paul. Ordered 4/3 MYLR(Blk,Blk,5,20s,no fsd). Dates disappeared 2 weeks ago and at generic 5-9weeks. SA pretty much gives canned response of, we will know more about delivery when VIN is assigned, and to check the account status page as that’s all he can see as well. Although he seemed to think Early-Mid June was probbale, but again, that is last month of Q2 when many are generally delivered

Well stay on them, i got screwed by Kat and Frank at the Seaside Monterrey store with the same deal, they said it was good to be sold on june 1st, and since I had expressed interest along with offering to buy it on the spot they said no worries we got you...well that was a damn lie it was sold 3 days later and I found out not from them, but when i called to get some additional information in regards to the vin. so pissed with that deal, i wanted to move my order to either fremont or walnut creek to avoid dealing with that SC
Good to know. Thanks!