Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Went to the Tampa location.. There are several Y's in the new arrival area and a truck with several white and one black Y arrived.. Talked with one of the SA's and he knew nothing about any firmware or homologation issues and said that they are delivering Y's every day.

Attachments

• 20210518_112911.jpg
    20210518_112911.jpg
    377.2 KB · Views: 69
  • 20210518_112923.jpg
    20210518_112923.jpg
    374 KB · Views: 57
  • 20210518_112955.jpg
    20210518_112955.jpg
    322.5 KB · Views: 56
  • 20210518_113033.jpg
    20210518_113033.jpg
    278.4 KB · Views: 60
  • 20210518_113421.jpg
    20210518_113421.jpg
    400.1 KB · Views: 62
  • 20210518_113422.jpg
    20210518_113422.jpg
    425.7 KB · Views: 60
So hitting the other Model Y spots this morning and came across a post from the FB Model Y group. Seems the cars made in March have serious issues with the Firmware. I presume this is the batch with the new chips. Sensors are failing, AutoPilot is failing, and they are waiting on the new firmware. I also saw in the news that the CA DMV is investigating Tesla right now as well.

I Will try to upload photos but my account is new-ish so I might not have rights.

At least this is more clues to what is going on. Lots of posts on the thread stating build date and similar issues. The plot thickens
This was posted someplace else and it ended up being that if the lines disappear from the road then auto pilot will sometimes fail as it needs lines to work correctly.

• Informative
Reactions: Emmadiane
Oh its been a hell of a trip, but I thank God for the ride, heck 5 years ago i almost died, i weighed over 540 pounds had bariatric surgery and lost 306 pounds. again all glory to God
That’s awesome man! I need to do the work myself, i was always skinny but have put on weight like crazy the last 1.5 years. Just started losing it, my motivation is telling myself my Tesla will go faster if I do LOL

So hitting the other Model Y spots this morning and came across a post from the FB Model Y group. Seems the cars made in March have serious issues with the Firmware. I presume this is the batch with the new chips. Sensors are failing, AutoPilot is failing, and they are waiting on the new firmware. I also saw in the news that the CA DMV is investigating Tesla right now as well.

I Will try to upload photos but my account is new-ish so I might not have rights.

At least this is more clues to what is going on. Lots of posts on the thread stating build date and similar issues. The plot thickens
Yeah, if this is the case, I'll take a couple weeks wait over possible major catastrophe...

Today I have a date range June 19-30, was stuck at 6-10 weeks since April 29th. Ordered on April 12th. MYLR - Red/White Happy to see some dates but the SA told me from day 1 to expect last week of June.

I also ordered a M3P on May 6th and that one has a delivery date of June 4-24. I ordered the M3 almost a month after the MY but the model 3 shows earlier date range. Told my SA that really need the MY before the M3 but he said they prioritize the performance models so the M3 might arrive before the MY even though I ordered a month later.

You can't buy a car with a credit card because technically that's financing and since you will have a collateral without a lien they wont allow it. Tesla only takes a credit card for the initial deposit to put your order in. No car dealership will allow you to buy a car on a credit card because it goes against their dealer lender agreement.
I have been able to put down up to $5000 on a credit card for my last three car purchases (Honda in HI, Toyota in NV, Toyota in CA) to get airline miles. I asked Tesla and they said they do not accept CC for the car payment.

Speculating here - could this "hold" be related to a firmware fix that could address the issue of drivers jumping into the backseat while on Autopilot?
As we have watched in the news lately, I would assume Tesla doesn't want this bad press to continue regarding its "Autopilot and FSD"

Reactions: hallwc87
I called my SA yesterday about some paperwork and asked about a Model Y on the showroom floor I had seen. I was told that the showroom models typically go up for sale at the end of the quarter with a slight discount. I called dibs on it in case it goes up for sale before my order is available 😁

Reactions: bigdaddyreg
As much as this sucks, it’s one of the reasons I finally was comfortable making the switch to Tesla.
Someone posted earlier about the car you are coming from - I’m coming from a BMW X3. I’ve driven BMWs for years - of course because they’re a great car, but their service is always above-and-beyond. …but I have a long commute and not spending as much on gas, oil changes and other maintenance is really appealing.
I had never taken the plunge because I just wasn’t yet convinced that a Tesla could be my one-and-only car. In addition to the Supercharger network, and encountering so many happy customers (yes, once the cars arrive, all of this delivery angst seems to be quickly forgotten), it’s Tesla’s commitment to safety that really won me over. New technology can be buggy, just comes with the territory. But I have full faith that the car I get (once I get it) will be safe to drive… and fun, and a technological marvel. So, as much as I am horribly impatient, I appreciate that when I get it, it will be right.

Hey Folks! I've been watching this thread for weeks, first time posting. I'm in the same boat as nearly all of you - ordered a LR MY, DBM, 7 seater w/ black interior on 4/22. Dates were immediate and fairly consistent pointing to June 1-June 29, but tightened to late May-early June once I completed my profile/financing/trade details.

Just got a text from Tesla saying I was 'soft matched' to a car and I should expect delivery within the first two weeks of June. Progress? Appeasement? Probably the latter. I'll take it for now!

I called my SA yesterday about some paperwork and asked about a Model Y on the showroom floor I had seen. I was told that the showroom models typically go up for sale at the end of the quarter with a slight discount. I called dibs on it in case it goes up for sale before my order is available 😁
Well stay on them, i got screwed by Kat and Frank at the Seaside Monterrey store with the same deal, they said it was good to be sold on june 1st, and since I had expressed interest along with offering to buy it on the spot they said no worries we got you...well that was a damn lie it was sold 3 days later and I found out not from them, but when i called to get some additional information in regards to the vin. so pissed with that deal, i wanted to move my order to either fremont or walnut creek to avoid dealing with that SC

Reactions: Soosh