Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got an unsolicited text from Tesla today:

“Hi, this is the Tesla Indianapolis Delivery Team! We do most of our communicating through text message. Our team, including your assigned advisor, Henry, monitors for communication during normal business hours 10am-7pm. Please reply YES to confirm that you are receiving our texts.”

My response: “Any update on my delivery window? I had dates for a couple of weeks, but it switched to the generic 5-9 weeks from order. It's been like that for 2 weeks now.”

Tesla: “No update on your Model Y yet! Our factory team is hard at work - I'll let you know when you have a VIN!”

Me: [inserted link to Elektrek article re: 10,000 cars on Fremont lot] “Will this cause any delay?”

Tesla: “Everything we have heard from the factory indicates the delivery will happen in June. I will keep you updated as I learn more!”

Not super reassuring, but I was surprised to even get a text out of nowhere. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Bottom line is almost NOBODY is getting any new cars delivered lately, and nobody has any idea when they will get their car. Even the SA's
are all over the map judging from all the posters here who've tried to get info. It bites, but anything beyond this is pure conjecture
and speculation.

Got an unsolicited text from Tesla today:

“Hi, this is the Tesla Indianapolis Delivery Team! We do most of our communicating through text message. Our team, including your assigned advisor, Henry, monitors for communication during normal business hours 10am-7pm. Please reply YES to confirm that you are receiving our texts.”

My response: “Any update on my delivery window? I had dates for a couple of weeks, but it switched to the generic 5-9 weeks from order. It's been like that for 2 weeks now.”

Tesla: “No update on your Model Y yet! Our factory team is hard at work - I'll let you know when you have a VIN!”

Me: [inserted link to Elektrek article re: 10,000 cars on Fremont lot] “Will this cause any delay?”

Tesla: “Everything we have heard from the factory indicates the delivery will happen in June. I will keep you updated as I learn more!”

Not super reassuring, but I was surprised to even get a text out of nowhere. 🤷🏼‍♂️
Ha! They were probably like "Dude, I just asked for a YES. What's with the 3rd degree??"

Not every Y necessarily has the new modules requiring updated firmware.
They probably have a certain percentage of assemblies with the "planned" chips, then a whole lot more with the replacement parts requiring service. They can still sell the cars made with the original parts. It's probably coming down to fixing the code, then QA needing to meet regulations for validating the new parts/code. It sucks, but necessary for safety.
Man I sure hope when I take delivery I don’t have mega issues because of it.

This makes total sense. This is why they're still shipping cars as whatever issue can be fixed a local SC. And also makes sense why there haven't been any Bay Area deliveries since those essentially come straight from the factory.
Bay Area deliveries are always low priority and pushed to end of quarter. Please bring up actual valid points when spreading rumors.

Reactions: doubleshot
Haven't been told about a build date--only been given generalities about expected times. Though, I've never been contacted by an SA, and I've only spoken with the order/delivery support people at the SC.

If you're in the Bay Area, I believe deliveries usually happen within a few days of VIN. My brother received a VIN on a Wednesday near the end of Q1 for his M3 and he was offered a pick up time as early as that Friday.
Nice. The build/mfg date so far has stayed consistent for me since last week. Set to 05/26. Fingers crossed and I should get it before memorial day weekend!

Reactions: Soosh
I went to the Burbank Tesla store today to check their stock. I saw zero Y’s anywhere including the close by parking lot where someone said they store them.

I went inside to talk to an SA who looked in his computer and said it should be here June 2. I ordered 4/12 and currently show dates of May 23- June 13th.

On the way home I stopped at the Sherman Oaks store where I placed the order and spoke to my SA. She looked in the computer and also said I had a June 2 build date.

I thought it was interesting because everyone keeps accusing the SA’s of lying but this shows that there is definitely a date in their system. Of course we all know it can and probably will change but they are not just making sh$t up.

I inquired with both of them about the firmware issue and they both said everyone keeps asking them about that but they knew nothing about it.

Of course, this part definitely could be a lie.

Anyway, I’m not holding my breath but June 2nd would be nice!

Last edited:
I went to the Burbank Tesla store today to check their stock. I saw zero Y’s anywhere including the close by parking lot where someone said they store them.

I went inside to talk to an SA who looked in his computer and said it should be here June 2. I ordered 4/12 and currently show dates of May 23- June 13th.

On the way home I stopped at the Sherman Oaks store where I placed the order and spoke to my SA. She looked in the computer and also said I had a June 2 build date.

I thought it was interesting because everyone keeps accusing the SA’s of lying but this shows that there is definitely a date in their system. Of course we all know it can and probably will change but they are not just making sh$t up.

I inquired with both of them and they both said everyone keeps asking them about that but they knew nothing about it.

Of course, this part definitely could be a lie.

Anyway, I’m not holding my breath but June 2nd would be nice!
Thanks for the recon! I did my test drive at Sherman Oaks. I hate mall parking lots and trying to find the Tesla spots on my way back sure made me feel like an idiot.

^^ Seems like only people outside of CA get any sort of unsolicited, proactive, or even automated communication from Tesla. Anyone in CA ever get anything like that or is just me who’s out on my own.
Luck of the draw I would say. I ordered on 4/2 and have only had one unsolicited message/call within 15 minutes of ordering and my wife who ordered in early May gets random phone calls once a week (none of which contains tangible information). 🤷‍♂️

There might be mine too.. Saw 3 white/white 19" on the truck and there were 2 more already at the processing area.. Can't see if they have tow hitch as the hitch cover covers the hitch. I orderd 2 days after you...
Thanks for your recent pics from Tampa. Here are some from Springfield today. The MY in front of the store was a MY-P MSM on black with a 15xxxx vin. The white MY in back looked like it might soon be delivered. IMG_3931.jpgIMG_3932.jpg

There were no visible MY's actively being delivered late this morning or while we were there for an hour, but inside the store SA types said that they did "one or two". The store was not busy, and it wasn't until after noon time that I saw one test drive of a MY starting. Two of the SA's seemed to indicate that there would soon be a lot of deliveries of MY. The service area looked slow to empty, and the local store manager never met us nor appeared due to a meeting of some length apparently.

Seems that the SA wants to deliver a car... but can not help much until a VIN is assigned.

Our dates today showing 6-10 weeks for a while now, which works out to May 23- June 20 = Q2.

IMG_3933.jpg

So I understand the any hardware configuration to your order would set your order to the most current price. Is anybody able to confirm whether adding or removing FSD would do the same? Would it also have any effect on your order date? I've been sitting at June 17- June 30 estimated delivery date. After thinking about it some more, FSD doesn't seem like it would be something I want to pay $10k for. However, I'd be very reluctant to remove FSD from my order if it means me possibly being pushed to the 'back of the line' and getting my Q2 order delivered in Q3.

So I understand the any hardware configuration to your order would set your order to the most current price. Is anybody able to confirm whether adding or removing FSD would do the same? Would it also have any effect on your order date? I've been sitting at June 17- June 30 estimated delivery date. After thinking about it some more, FSD doesn't seem like it would be something I want to pay $10k for. However, I'd be very reluctant to remove FSD from my order if it means me possibly being pushed to the 'back of the line' and getting my Q2 order delivered in Q3.
I personally wouldn’t pay $10k for FSD in its current state. To me, only upside is rolling it into the cost of financing and avoiding possible price increases.

I’m holding out until it’s a bit more stable and I see the subscription price.

Reactions: BlimBlam