Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That's exactly what I was told yesterday at the factory showroom. June or September for delivery. I'm 10 miles from the factory, so I may get squeak in for this quarter.
Oh okay, so we’re in alignment. If that’s going to be the the case and I spend the next 5 weeks in anxiety only to be told I have to wait until the end of September, I’m going to just cancel my order and get a used 2020 M3P from a third-party.

Order from 2/14 but on hold… till Q3. I don’t expect I’ll jump the line when I release the order but it would be nice. Edit the config in March but the RN did not change.

RN11451xxxx
I have a launch preorder that I've held onto until my M3 lease was ending (and of course now I have to extend it due to the delay) and I was told by multiple people that the lower order number does play a part in getting you on the lower end of the delivery window... so you sorta get to jump the line but only to an extent...

That's exactly what I was told yesterday at the factory showroom. June or September for delivery. I'm 10 miles from the factory, so I may get squeak in for this quarter.
I agree. Seems that Tesla will send most cars to outside of California up until the last two weeks. At that point they’ll focus on CA because it’s a short delivery and it’ll count towards Q2 numbers. No point in sending to East Coast or mid-West in the final week if they can’t deliver until July.

Reactions: JerseyShoreMY
Reminder: Tracker here:

MY LR AWD Red 19 Tow FSD, IA (MN delivery)
Order complete: 3/27

Before I called my SA at the Pasadena showroom, I called Burbank since that’s where I’ll be picking up, thinking they may know more. The woman on the phone told me their systems are down so she can’t lookup the details of my particular order, but stated: “the auto-industry is experiencing a chip shortage, and it’s not just Tesla.”

So now I’m really concerned, because until now I thought Tesla was immune to the shortage. I was hoping it was just a firmware-thing like everyone is stating, but if she’s mentioning chip shortages, there’s not much Tesla can even do.

The lack of transparency with this process is what really gets to me.
No it’s all over. I was getting my wife’s S60 r-Design Polestar serviced today, and one of their SAs said that even Volvo is now starting to feel the chip pinch.
I saw a few weeks back that there are literally thousands of Fseries Ford trucks sitting at the Kentucky Motor Speedway waiting on parts too.

I know a lot of people are having delivery delays so wanted to share this: I, by chance, called a tesla location near me to ask if they had any standard range model y’s available. This really amazing lady picked up my phone and told me that she would email me as soon as a car that matched my specs came into their new inventory. She emailed me a week after I called her and I took delivery a week later of a brand new (5 miles only) model Y 7-seater. She said I could share her information with others interested in new inventory cars. Message me if you are interested!!

No it’s all over. I was getting my wife’s S60 r-Design Polestar serviced today, and one of their SAs said that even Volvo is now starting to feel the chip pinch.
I saw a few weeks back that there are literally thousands of Fseries Ford trucks sitting at the Kentucky Motor Speedway waiting on parts too.
I saw the same report on the F-150s, but the claim has always been Elon predicted the shortage and Tesla wasn’t exposed the same way other manufacturers were. Either he stocked up or placed orders early on, or a combination of the two.

Reactions: SeriousBadger
When I did my first test drive, I was told that the last day for “guaranteed” June delivery was May 9, but that could change. I assume it was a sales-speak definition of the word “guarantee.” Since I ordered on 5/15, that apparently put me in the maybe-July, maybe-August, probably-September delivery window.

The website claimed 4-8 weeks when I paid the $100, but everything post-payment has said 5-11 weeks. I briefly had June 17-30 on my order page last week, before it returned to the generic 5-11 weeks message.

Oh okay, so we’re in alignment. If that’s going to be the the case and I spend the next 5 weeks in anxiety only to be told I have to wait until the end of September, I’m going to just cancel my order and get a used 2020 M3P from a third-party.
You can still be assigned a VIN in July/August.

Just seems more likely it will be a car that was passed up on in June for whatever reasons (canceled orders, financing fell through, denied deliveries, etc.). I don’t want to believe this is true, but it’s seems more and more likely when you look at the history.

Or he’s full of it
I know a lot of people are having delivery delays so wanted to share this: I, by chance, called a tesla location near me to ask if they had any standard range model y’s available. This really amazing lady picked up my phone and told me that she would email me as soon as a car that matched my specs came into their new inventory. She emailed me a week after I called her and I took delivery a week later of a brand new (5 miles only) model Y 7-seater. She said I could share her information with others interested in new inventory cars. Message me if you are interested!!
So is this person….