Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I get that I was already a beta tester, but that level of beta autonomy was worth $10k to me. But if they’re going to reduce functionality I put down the extra $ for, then it changes things. My main reason to get a Tesla was the level of autonomy it offered.

I know many buy them for the environmental reasons, not me. I’m actually in fossil fuels business…lol.

No autonomy features are getting removed - just possibly temporarily disabled on these cars without radar, other cars will keep them and eventually we'll get back to feature parity once they've finished testing.

I bet that the AEB (auto emergency braking) was the "homologation" feature that they had to get to 100% before they could ship. I believe this is the only NHTSA Safety Rating auto-driving feature that is part of the Tesla safety rating. Because it is not mentioned on this article, I bet they have completely finished this feature without requiring radar anymore, which means that yes they should be 100% ready to ship once firmware is installed on all the cars.

It looks like a lot of SAs confirm this, which maybe makes it less possibly true. Haha. But still.

Very exciting!

I get that I was already a beta tester, but that level of beta autonomy was worth $10k to me. But if they’re going to reduce functionality I put down the extra $ for, then it changes things. My main reason to get a Tesla was the level of autonomy it offered.

I know many buy them for the environmental reasons, not me. I’m actually in fossil fuels business…lol. [edit: please don’t kill me. ] :)
Now you're poking the bear lol. My main reason too is for the MY is the autopilot.

Reactions: dsandhu
Just received a text from SA saying VIN has been assigned. Said it should populate on account by tomorrow. Ordered 3/27 pick-up Charlotte NC

7drHiqr.gif

What update are you referring to ? Also can when did you order ?

so you actually have a VIN? What range are you at?
I just refreshed my account page.

And it described the change (i.e., no more radar). There was a big button asking if I agreed to that change. Then after I agreed, I have a VIN assigned an estimated delivery of this weekend!

Ordered 5/5. 7-seater. Devon PA.

And it described the change (i.e., no more radar). There was a big button asking if I agreed to that change. Then after I agreed, I have a VIN assigned an estimated delivery of this weekend!

What's your VIN range? Do you mean the order page, or the account page? I dont' have anything on mine. When did you order? Whats your config!!

Reactions: Sudsington

I am very happy for you lol but as a March orderer jesus wheres my big buttonnnnn