Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have an unusual question I guess:

I'm French (nobody's perfect), and I've been in the US for 8 months now. I have my French driving license, and the "ticket" you get when you succeed at your road test here and that equates to a temp driving license. I should receive the actual US license within 2 or 3 weeks.

So, at delivery:
- Can I get my car using only my foreign driving license?
- If not, can I get my car using my temp driving license (the freaking ticket)?
- If not, can I pay for the car so it doesn't get reassigned and wait a couple more weeks until my actual driving license arrives?

Thanks for the help!
I don't see a problem, but you should call your delivery center and check with them as they are the ones verifying your paperwork.

I got a text that my MY (LR, white ext/black int, 7 seat, AP, 19inch) is ready to be scheduled for delivery. VIN number is 188,4XX Ordered 4/16,
Picking it up in Bloomington, Illinois tomorrow.

Use this address as a way to bypass the account page nightmare. tesla.com/schedule/RN1148XXXXX (replace XXXXX with your MY reservation number) if your car is ready to be picked up, it should bring you to the scheduling page (also, you might have to log out of your account first and then use that link)

I have an unusual question I guess:

I'm French (nobody's perfect), and I've been in the US for 8 months now. I have my French driving license, and the "ticket" you get when you succeed at your road test here and that equates to a temp driving license. I should receive the actual US license within 2 or 3 weeks.

So, at delivery:
- Can I get my car using only my foreign driving license?
- If not, can I get my car using my temp driving license (the freaking ticket)?
- If not, can I pay for the car so it doesn't get reassigned and wait a couple more weeks until my actual driving license arrives?

Thanks for the help!
You'll want to reach out to Tesla to be 100% sure, but most places in the states will accept a temp license. I actually just rented a car last month with a printed copy of my temp license, since mine had expired. They accepted it no problem.

But definitely comes down to company policy. So follow up with Tesla to be sure.

Looking at order tracker spreadsheet right now… 23 VINs awarded today. Latest order was May 12, but all 21/23 orders were before Apr 20. Average order-to-VIN 46 days. VINs awarded to LRs only, all colors except black, about 50% were white; FSD yes & no and hitch yes & no. None in CA or CO but most other states yes.

Great update. Perfect to help us speculate! I'm watching you CO as the next westward state to get VINs :)

I'm glad to see that Apr 20 is the approx cut-off. My order was 4/28 so maybe I'll get a VIN/delivery within the next 2 weeks? TESLAOKDOITDOITDOIT

I got a text that my MY (LR, white ext/black int, 7 seat, AP, 19inch) is ready to be scheduled for delivery. VIN number is 188,4XX Ordered 4/16,
Picking it up in Bloomington, Illinois tomorrow.

Use this address as a way to bypass the account page nightmare. tesla.com/schedule/RN1148XXXXX (replace XXXXX with your MY reservation number) if your car is ready to be picked up, it should bring you to the scheduling page (also, you might have to log out of your account first and then use that link)
They must be cleaning all the dust off my car. It doesn't work for me.

Arrrgggggg! Yesterday could not log into the website and now today I can but my order is gone! Put $2500 down 2 years ago, finalized mid April, last delivery date was June 15-30, white MY awd with fsd. Will it come back tomorrow??
Wait, what? You paid $2500 2 years ago but didn't finalize your order until April? $2500 invested just in a normal S&P would have made like $800 by now or something.

I got this text from my SA, but I don’t see anything that needs to be completed. Anyone have any ideas??

“Hello Beth, in order to be eligible to be matched to a VIN, you will need to complete your pre-delivery profile. Your account/order has outstanding tasks. Please sign into your Tesla account > Manage, and complete the steps.”

Who know:

Can I pay online thought Tesla account with my back account my down payment after inspection without delay?
At some point, Tesla will ask you pay any cash due to settle your sales contract. They will ask for the routing number for your bank, and your bank account number. You fill in what you owe in cash (I'm sure they will tell you exactly how much,) and Submit. This needs to be done prior to delivery to verify funds availability.

Reactions: dsandhu
If you refresh, they may come back. This happened to me twice today. Date gone, dates back, gone, now back again.

On a different note, I am now considering a used X instead of a new Y. Is no one else concerned the “cheap” cars are now, arguably, more dangerous and clearly beta (or alpha) testers?

Its been discussed little bit. I have gone from being really bullish to kind of meh.

Reactions: elguapo