Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This site has got me excited to place an order for an MY, but with the 3-13 week range on the site, suggestions of EAP and FSD price increases, and Tesla Vision changes, no clue. WFH until September, need a car by end of August. 13 weeks from today is end of August. (BTW the excitement of reading the posts here has kept me captivated for past two days--it's like a soap opera!)

Reactions: danintoronto
In case others are not aware, a tax credit only helps you if you OWE money. It is not the same as a tax rebate where you get the value regardless. We were able to take advantage of the EV tax credit in 2019 but we knew we would owe money come tax time and the tax credit would offset it. If you don’t owe money and are due a refund then you get zero tax credit benefit. To take advantage of a tax credit you need to owe something, ideally equal to the value of the tax credit.
Partially true. It is not about owing or refund come tax day. You can still be getting a big refund after filing your taxes and still qualify for the tax credit. It has to do with how much for the tax year you owe vs. what you paid.

Let's say you owe $15,000 for 2021. And you paid $20,000. Well you then get a tax refund of $5,000. If you purchased a qualifying EV for the max EV tax credit of $7,000, then since you owed $15,000, you will net owe only $8,000. And your total refund would be $12,000. I hope this clears it up.

And if it's a point of sale credit, then there will be no retroactive for sure if not signed into the law by the day you take delivery.

I have literally not heard from anyone since I placed my order. Phx has the worst SA's
Tough to beat Raleigh, NC on that front. No answers when you attempt to call the main number and the voicemail box is always full. Chatted on the site with someone very helpful who confirmed the order was still being worked on. I emailed the main sales email and they did reply with my SAs email address. Mailed him twice and got nothing back. I feel your pain in the fact that absolutely no one reaches out and gives you an idea of what is happening.

Reactions: jfort