Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It’s delivery day!

As it states here “Please don't be "that guy" that blocks Tesla deliveries and staff for hours while going over your new car with a microscope! You can report all of the above after you get home, at your leisure: you have a day/100 miles. “

Should I basically do a quick scan of the vehicle inside and out and then do the rest at home?
I live over 100 miles from the SC, so I may have to be though…whenever that day comes.

It’s delivery day!

As it states here “Please don't be "that guy" that blocks Tesla deliveries and staff for hours while going over your new car with a microscope! You can report all of the above after you get home, at your leisure: you have a day/100 miles. “

Should I basically do a quick scan of the vehicle inside and out and then do the rest at home?
That is horrible advice. DO NOT TAKE YOUR CAR OFF THE LOT if there's something wrong with it. Don't accept delivery until it's the car you paid for - This is going to be different for everyone, since some people will be fine with bigger panel gaps than others, but it's up to the individual to get what they think they're paying for. Be "that guy", because "that guy" is the one that's satisfied with his car once he gets it home instead of bitching about it online for the next 7 years when he could have spent 8 more minutes on the lot.

Honestly, even if you spend 4 hours looking over your car it's not actually holding anything up...it's not like the SA is going to be standing there watching you while you do it...they'll be inside taking care of the other orders and you'll be standing there by yourself going over the checklist. Thinking this somehow affects others is stupid, and telling others to worry about things later on a major purchase is even worse. I buy new cars every other year or so and I spend a good 15-20 minutes each time looking over the car before I leave the lot. Why? Because the one time I didn't I got majorly screwed and a warranty claim was rejected because they said they couldn't confirm it was like that when I took delivery (headliner had a major issue).

Ordered black on black + induction LR MY on March 15. Was 1-10 weeks all of May and got a notice yesterday to agree to disabled radar etc. Immediately following, my delivery est was moved to May 25-May 28 but still had no VIN as of late last night. This morning woke up to a VIN and scheduled delivery this Sunday. I’d say it safe to say that if your delivery has suddenly changed to a recent date, you will likely be matched with a VIN any day now.

That's about how it looked Friday when I was there, but at the time I didn't actually look through to see how many were LR/P - I'd strongly assume almost all, if not all, were LR, seeing how these VINs are going out - Unless the update is just hitting LR first, it seems like the Ps are almost not even manufactured yet.
I haven’t gotten a Vin yet and I’m LR