Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Referencing the article from Electrek, is anyone else concerned about the length of time these cars will be outdoors exposed to the elements?
I'm also wondering what effect heat and sun will have to the exterior/interior, and what effect if any this will have on the battery. This is a big purchase for me and I'm planning to keep the car for a long, long time but am now a bit worried. Am I going overboard with my concerns?

Hey bud,
Don't worry about them sitting out in the sun, it's a car, they're made to be parked outside. I don't have a garage and I WFH in the Northeast, if my MY is in that lot that's the best outside weather it'll experience before it comes home to snow, rain and road salt. The cars were complete when they were parked there so nothing was exposed (at least ones without defects). The roof has UV light filtering so the interior is fine and again it's a car just like any ICE vehicle they make em durable for outdoor weather.

Reactions: DavdOrtz
I have to say that I am a bit jealous seeing pix of various Tesla sales and delivery facilities (with cars) throughout the country, then comparing them to my "local" facility. Many look pretty swank; ours in Rockville is in a dingy light industrial area, co-located in the same warehouse with a wholesale flooring distributor, with other non-eye pleasing businesses scattered about. There is hardly any lot space at the facility for service appointments, let alone new car delivery. A storage lot for the facility nearby is even worse, lol.
Curious why you choose rockville instead of owings mills?

I have to say that I am a bit jealous seeing pix of various Tesla sales and delivery facilities (with cars) throughout the country, then comparing them to my "local" facility. Many look pretty swank; ours in Rockville is in a dingy light industrial area, co-located in the same warehouse with a wholesale flooring distributor, with other non-eye pleasing businesses scattered about. There is hardly any lot space at the facility for service appointments, let alone new car delivery. A storage lot for the facility nearby is even worse, lol.
Same same. The Minneapolis location seems to be less than ideal. It’s basically a 2 stall business park office.

You get a vin yet Maus?
Nope - no change from the June 16-30 time frame. I dropped by the store in Montgomery Mall on Monday, and talked with the store leader to check on any updates and to glean any intel (I find in-person interaction more effective with Tesla.) I was chatting about accessories and if they were available at the DC to purchase (they are not,) and how long it takes for online fulfillment. He said that you better order now. I also mentioned that I needed more than 3 days notice to transfer cash from a brokerage account to my checking account, and he said I also better do that now. Whether that means anything, IDK, but I initiated the transfer yesterday.

Same here! Pic’s from yesterday at the dealer
That's about how it looked Friday when I was there, but at the time I didn't actually look through to see how many were LR/P - I'd strongly assume almost all, if not all, were LR, seeing how these VINs are going out - Unless the update is just hitting LR first, it seems like the Ps are almost not even manufactured yet.

Nope - no change from the June 16-30 time frame. I dropped by the store in Montgomery Mall on Monday, and talked with the store leader to check on any updates and to glean any intel (I find in-person interaction more effective with Tesla.) I was chatting about accessories and if they were available at the DC to purchase (they are not,) and how long it takes for online fulfillment. He said that you better order now. I also mentioned that I needed more than 3 days notice to transfer cash from a brokerage account to my checking account, and he said I also better do that now. Whether that means anything, IDK, but I initiated the transfer yesterday.
Ya, anytime you're waiting on a new car it's a good idea to transfer the funds you're going to want to use from any investments accounts to a standard savings/checking account anyway. If the brokerage firm has issues they could literally delay transfers for weeks at times, if it's an FDIC issue. Savings accounts these days don't really give any kind of helpful interest, even with $100k in there, but I tend to use mine as a hold-over account for things like this.