Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For those of you who have done this before...under the payment section where there's a big blue button that says "add bank account and pay"...can you just add the bank info without paying (i.e. so I can delay payment until I actually see my car)? I'm not daring enough to hit the button if it's going to lock me into a payment after my bank account information is entered. Thanks!

Yeah I got Blue/black. Just called the D.C. SC and spoke to a VERY nice and sweet woman in their delivery section.
She said that yes, I do NOT have a VIN and she’s not even showing that it’s been built yet. So WTF? This is beginning to be a lot annoying. I’m just gonna order a white one next time.
Apparently it’s the fact we got 7 seats that’s screwin us over buddy.
I’m starting to think I should have ordered a white 5-seater too. I prob could have had mine by now.

I’m curious if this is a factor or not, but, for people that have gotten a VIN, what’s your payment method? Cash, Loan or Lease?
I believe the best approach is to set it up as a CASH purchase, and then once you have a VIN get your financing lined up and change the purchase to Finance (if it's with Tesla). If it's not financed with Tesla leave it as cash and bring your bank draft and cashiers check when you go to pick up your car. Always good to confirm with SA prior to finalizing the details.

That is my understanding, and my planned approach. Please correct me if this is not the case.

Unfortunately with the backlog and folks getting their VIN a day or two before delivery that would hamper this approach but I would say this backlog is not typical.

Reactions: Emmadiane
First off, wanted to say you all have given me LIFE during this whole waiting game! Just registered and this is my first post and about to add my info to the Google Spreadsheet... but ordered 4/11 and received text early evening that my Y was ready for delivery and schedule via a separate link. Didn’t pull the trigger then cause I was on vacation, as the entire time my eat delivery was 6-9weeks from order date, so was NOT expecting anything this soon. VIN actually received today after I clicked on the link and agreed to the updates (192xxx) and just scheduled home delivery for 5/30. From beginning to end it’s been a whirlwind for sure, from seeing VIN and then having to make a gazillion phone calls for insurance, Credit Union, Tesla, but am excited all is now ready to go! Sending all the good VIN vibes your way!