Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So to close this out, yesterday I finally picked up my MYLR, black, black/white interior, 19" gemini, 5 seater.
Ordered Apr 3. Got VIN May 25. Delivery pickup avail May 26 and picked it up that day. Paid with cashier's check after selling my old car at Carmax. Inspected the car and nothing major. I could nitpick but nothing really that i am worried about. I had to get used to connecting the charger since it wouldn't charge (yellow light). I wasn't inserting it all the way in. Drove to work today and after 15 mins it calibrated and I could finally use TACC and auto steer.
It's so quiet. I had to listen to music to get rid of the eerie quietness. Man this is a big car, coming from a Mini Cooper Countryman. I have to have the mirrors auto fold to park in my garage, with not much space to spare front/back. Totally in love with it. Tho I believe it did a phantom breaking on the highway today and scared the heck out of me. Luckily the car behind didn't rear end me. It was going under a shaded overpass in the very bright FL sun (by downtown I-4/408 underpass). Also I'll be getting the sunroof tinted as it is hot hot hot (90 degs here), along with all 4 door windows. But it's great to be able to tell it to cool down before I left work.
So far home charging is 1kW/h on the 110v, 12amps. lol. I might get the NEMA adapter so I can use my clothes dryer 220v outlet, tho currently I am ok with it as I can charge all day at work for free. Got it at 50% charge from Tesla, started charging at 1:50p and at around 6am it was 75% charged, with the charging limit set to 80%. I only have a 20 mile drive to work.

BTW now is the time to sell your used car. Carmax appears desperate for used vehicles because I checked how much they would give me for my 7yr old low mileage car on Apr 6 and their site said $10,900. I checked again on May 25th and it went up to $12,300!, even with more miles during that 1.5 month period waiting for my MY. Another dude selling his car there gave me the thumbs up when they told him how much they would offer him for his old car.

Eatonville Tesla dealer.

Hope everyone waiting gets their baby soon!

My app indicates my estimated delivery from June 10-June 30, but today it says June 17-June 30. I stopped by their rosewell sales center and spoke to a sales man who told me I should get a vin number hopefully within a week or so. I saw about 40 new Teslas in their lot. He indicated that my car may well be sitting Their to be matched with my vin. I was told be patient and call if I don’t see new updates with vin number within the week. My order dates is April 30,2021.
Any chance you saw a red LR with white seats and inductions that could be mine?! 😁

So to close this out, yesterday I finally picked up my MYLR, black, black/white interior, 19" gemini, 5 seater.
Ordered Apr 3. Got VIN May 25. Delivery pickup avail May 26 and picked it up that day. Paid with cashier's check after selling my old car at Carmax. Inspected the car and nothing major. I could nitpick but nothing really that i am worried about. I had to get used to connecting the charger since it wouldn't charge (yellow light). I wasn't inserting it all the way in. Drove to work today and after 15 mins it calibrated and I could finally use TACC and auto steer.
It's so quiet. I had to listen to music to get rid of the eerie quietness. Man this is a big car, coming from a Mini Cooper Countryman. I have to have the mirrors auto fold to park in my garage, with not much space to spare front/back. Totally in love with it. Tho I believe it did a phantom breaking on the highway today and scared the heck out of me. Luckily the car behind didn't rear end me. It was going under a shaded overpass in the very bright FL sun (by downtown I-4/408 underpass). Also I'll be getting the sunroof tinted as it is hot hot hot (90 degs here), along with all 4 door windows. But it's great to be able to tell it to cool down before I left work.
So far home charging is 1kW/h on the 110v, 12amps. lol. I might get the NEMA adapter so I can use my clothes dryer 220v outlet, tho currently I am ok with it as I can charge all day at work for free. Got it at 50% charge from Tesla, started charging at 1:50p and at around 6am it was 75% charged, with the charging limit set to 80%. I only have a 20 mile drive to work.

BTW now is the time to sell your used car. Carmax appears desperate for used vehicles because I checked how much they would give me for my 7yr old low mileage car on Apr 6 and their site said $10,900. I checked again on May 25th and it went up to $12,300!, even with more miles during that 1.5 month period waiting for my MY. Another dude selling his car there gave me the thumbs up when they told him how much they would offer him for his old car.

Eatonville Tesla dealer.

Glad to see a happy ending! Thanks for the info on CarMax, I may have to revisit them once we have a VIN and delivery time to see what we can get!
Also, if it's a hassle to unplug/plug your dryer and you want a little bit more charging speed, you may be able to use the Tesla NEMA 5-20 adapter if your outlet is a 20A one. It doesn't seem like much, but it charges ~30% faster than the 5-15 that comes with the car.

Best of luck and congrats! 🎉

Reactions: blacky
I found the PDF for chapter 10 and it does mention needing a license, but it's in a section talking about contractors hiring electricians, not homeowners so 🤷🏻‍♂️
Since they wouldn't give me a permit, I did it any way regardless and it turned out well!
Finally getting to use the load-sharing as soon as the MY gets here :)
So I need advice, I bought a house late last year and asked the builder to put in a 60amp outlet in the garage in prep for the Tesla wall charger for whenever I get my VIN. The nema 14-50 charger is rated for 50amps, so would I be able to plug in the wall charger to my 60amp dryer outlet or do I need to remove the outlet and direct cable connect the wall charger?

Reactions: StoicKiwi
In Poughkeepsie, picking mine up Saturday. Where are you going for your PPF?

I am taking delivery there tomorrow at 4pm.

Please let us know about your experience at Mt. Kisco. I have never been there and don't know what to expect on delivery. And of course if you see any blue with white interior Gemini wheel and tow hitch configurations...

Reactions: suprax and Zhe Wiz

Eatonville Tesla dealer.

closure makes me happy,

MY Closure will make me happier.

LOL

• Funny
Reactions: blacky
So I need advice, I bought a house late last year and asked the builder to put in a 60amp outlet in the garage in prep for the Tesla wall charger for whenever I get my VIN. The nema 14-50 charger is rated for 50amps, so would I be able to plug in the wall charger to my 60amp dryer outlet or do I need to remove the outlet and direct cable connect the wall charger?
I'd say you have a few options since the Wall Connector does not come with a plug by default:
  1. Remove outlet and hard wire the Wall Connector
  2. Pigtail the wall connector with a NEMA 14-60 plug (I would probably do that) Here's an example
  3. Buy a NEMA 14-60 adapter from EVSEAdapters.com and use the included Mobile Connector to charge the car (NOTE: This will be limited to 32A, so you'll have a slower charge than the other options, but it would be cheapest and easiest) Here's the link for that
I actually made a video a while back about 240v charging options for the Mobile Connector and purchased a 14-60 adapter to test. Here's the video at the timestamp for the 14-60 if you're interested in checking it out:

WHAT A LETDOWN!!! vin matched at 10:56 pm. I call cred union, get tax and title info....

BAM. VIN GONE!!! it UN matched us at 8:39 am

called SA in Bloomington. (it should be noted, helpful guy. named Nick) apparently, the update caused a glitch that matched multiple people with one vin.

back to the continuous sadnap that is this thread. sorry for the false alarm lol
Oh man, I am so disappointed for you. Sorry 😣

• Love
Reactions: Peelz