Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla Vision seems to work pretty good. I used it on several narrow roads with sharp turns and it works great. Only issues are that it's very cautious when someone in front of you makes a right turn.. It almost brings you to a full stop. Also, autopilot sometimes will make curves at speed limit even though the curve is kind of sharp and it would be a better idea to slow down for it. It's ok with me but when I have wife and kids in the car, it would be better if the car would reduce speed based on the sharpness of the curve. Other than that, it has worked flawless so far. I'm sure it will get better with OTA updates.

Regarding what you said about it coming to almost full stop. Can you yourself hit the accelerator in that case since you know it’s safe to do so and then ease off the accelerator once you are in the clear and the car resumes automatic operations on its own? Or does it cancel AP whenever you take over and then you have to reengage AP again?
My xc90 has it where I can accelerate to get closer because I know it’s safe to do so and then release the accelerator and the car continues without me having to do anything.

View attachment 667543
Took delivery yesterday! No major issues aside from a paint blemish from transport. Going to see if mobile service can address that. Only noticed one tiny (< 2mm) alignment issue on the rear tail light, but I’m not going to even report that.

Took it around down and of course did the boom box fart thing for the kids when driving past people😆

Navigate on AP was awesome for the 3 hour drive home, but I’ll be happy when the autosteer limit of 75 mph is lifted. Locked myself out of that when passing out of a cluster.

Edit: mine didn’t come with ppf or mud flaps. Installed the flaps shortly after leaving pickup.

What do you mean when you say “locked myself out“? My current non Tesla vehicle I can just resume autonomous features if I do something erratic and the vehicle cancels it.

The one thing no one has agreed on is how to wash the vehicle. I asked the SA rep he said he doesnt know. For the people who live in places where it snows and is cold during winter, hand washing is out of the question. A drive thru cash wash is our only option. just have to make sure tow mode is activated, auto mirror folding is off and the wipers are off. Create a drive thru car profile.
I was wondering the same. Is it also safe to wash the undercarriage?

Not sure how it varies State to state but once you pay for the car and arrange delivery, do they already have the temporary paper
license plate on the car at pickup? Does the customer have to arrange for a permanent plate and also go to the DMV to do the registration?
I’m in TX, I was told they have the temps ready. Tesla sends the documents needed for registration and I have to request the permanent plates.

Honestly, I’ve never understood why people get screen protectors for their Teslas. This will be my third Tesla, I have three kids, car pools, a dog, etc and have never had any issues. I get it for a phone you may drop, but why on a car?

Agreed. I’ve not had a phone case in years, and have dropped my phone many times and broken it once (watch me jinx myself now). It was like $60 iirc to replace the screen at Apple store. I feel like I would’ve spent more than that on cases by now.

Reactions: elguapo
Just had it delivered.
If you are in Chicago-land and didn’t get PPF, my delivery agent said to open a service ticket. They will come out and do it at your house.
I had 2 small issues so he said to add the PPF to that service appointment.

Attachments

• D2DC4E99-42E3-4C9F-A4B8-EF44F2495002.jpeg
    D2DC4E99-42E3-4C9F-A4B8-EF44F2495002.jpeg
    869.7 KB · Views: 95
Just a couple of questions even after reading every single page lol
I ordered 5/7 MYLR w/w induction (Springfield NJ) pick up. Like most, my estimate delivery week disappeared then went to jun13-June28. Is it best to withhold final payment until delivery day?
Will the SC take a personal check?
My bank doesn’t have any local branches for certified check.
Thanks impatiently waiting lol

I personally don’t have any experience with that but I’ve seen it mentioned here both that personal check was allowed and wasn’t. Someone said it was allowed but they were made to wait about 30 minutes until their check cleared.