Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Account just went from 5-9 weeks to 3-13 weeks. Ordered 4/18. Really hoping I get my vin soon because I’m starting to feel super discouraged 😔 but I know it will be worth it in the end!
I order 4/14 and had the change to 3-13 weeks about 2 days before I got my vin. You’ll get there!

I just looked at my app and my avatar showed up too, but I don’t even have a week range anymore on my account
Same thing happened to me. Ordered 5/16, it was showing 4-12 weeks. Then went blank for a couple of days and as of this morning, shows June 16-June 30.

I spoke with a chat rep who said usually when week estimates disappear, it means you're closer to your delivery date.

Well, first of all I'd say this isn't a competition. I was in no way trying to compare my frustration with yours. Having ordered in March, you should absolutely receive your VIN and delivery before me. Just as I think I should receive mine before those who ordered after me. I don't think some modicum of fairness is too much to expect - a sense of first come, first served.

My bigger point was the customer service, or lack thereof, in this whole process. If Tesla really wants to be considered a premium brand that competes with Audi, BMW, MB, etc. they need to understand it's more than just building great cars. It's the whole ownership experience that builds loyalty and commands higher prices. The idea that many of us aren't receiving prompt and consistent feedback and support through this process is really unacceptable. We all deserve polite, professional communication from Tesla especially when things don't go as expected.

I will be very happy for you (and everyone else here still waiting) when you finally receive your VIN and delivery. I hope you'll feel the same for me. :)
I was really just messing with you, please don't take it personal. I'm sure though, if you are still waiting for your car in a month in a half, you will completely understand the frustration a lot of us are going through right now. I just saw someone with the exact config as mine get a VIN# last night, they ordered 5 May..

You're completely accurate on the customer service and that's probably my biggest complaint, that and the completely bogus Estimated Delivery dates on our Tesla page. I originally had a mid April delivery date and it has changed constantly since then and my SA, when they respond, keeps telling me my VIN# should come out any day now and delivery should happen that week. I've been told this the past 4 weeks. Being built up and then deflated is very frustrating...

I can tell you this, when there's competition for Tesla, this crap will change or they will go outta business quick. I have 2 Audi's now and customer service has always been top notch. I do wish we could all have our VIN#s right now and these discussions could end, good luck!

Honestly, I’ve never understood why people get screen protectors for their Teslas. This will be my third Tesla, I have three kids, car pools, a dog, etc and have never had any issues. I get it for a phone you may drop, but why on a car?
For me it was the glare reduction. Model S is naturally matte finish, but not he 3 and Y as you know that screen is super glare-y (if that is a word).

Reactions: elguapo
I was really just messing with you, please don't take it personal. I'm sure though, if you are still waiting for your car in a month in a half, you will completely understand the frustration a lot of us are going through right now. I just saw someone with the exact config as mine get a VIN# last night, they ordered 5 May..

You're completely accurate on the customer service and that's probably my biggest complaint, that and the completely bogus Estimated Delivery dates on our Tesla page. I originally had a mid April delivery date and it has changed constantly since then and my SA, when they respond, keeps telling me my VIN# should come out any day now and delivery should happen that week. I've been told this the past 4 weeks. Being built up and then deflated is very frustrating...

I can tell you this, when there's competition for Tesla, this crap will change or they will go outta business quick. I have 2 Audi's now and customer service has always been top notch. I do wish we could all have our VIN#s right now and these discussions could end, good luck!
Although it's pretty bizarre you have to wait this long as you're based out on the west coast. I would understand delays coming over to the other side of the country.

Reactions: casey1202
Just a couple of questions even after reading every single page lol
I ordered 5/7 MYLR w/w induction (Springfield NJ) pick up. Like most, my estimate delivery week disappeared then went to jun13-June28. Is it best to withhold final payment until delivery day?
Will the SC take a personal check?
My bank doesn’t have any local branches for certified check.
Thanks impatiently waiting lol

The one thing no one has agreed on is how to wash the vehicle. I asked the SA rep he said he doesnt know. For the people who live in places where it snows and is cold during winter, hand washing is out of the question. A drive thru cash wash is our only option. just have to make sure tow mode is activated, auto mirror folding is off and the wipers are off. Create a drive thru car profile.