Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, that is his excuse to maintain positive PR spin. I don't buy it for a second that they intentionally removed this part from the cars because of logs.

I think the reality is they have supply problems, but instead of risking Q2 deliveries they are taking these measures.

Radar parts were running thin, so spin it as progress towards vision. :rolleyes:

Lumbar parts were running thin, so claim usage metrics drove an obviously unpopular change. :rolleyes:

Elon, we can see through you like your cars see through fog and mist... oh wait.

Yeah that's my feeling as well. I don't have a VIN yet but I was thinking about delaying my order until the lumbar situation was more figured out. If what Elon says is true however there's little chance of it coming back anytime soon so I guess I probably won't bother delaying now.

Reactions: brutus979
Well, there’s the answer:
9E80CB20-A23F-4D58-A534-87001D55680D.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: JerseyShoreMY
I am curious about this rejection theory. My vin is 186xxx and it was in almost perfect condition. One issue was the charge port door which they are coming out to replace (it wasn’t aligned properly, works perfectly). So I know my car wasn’t a rejection. That’s why I am confused that there is the theory that anything before 200xxx is a refusal.
It’s not rejection. It’s inability to accept delivery due to timing, not having the funds, or some other reason you’re delaying. They’re not giving a rejected car due to quality, etc. They absolutely do this type of rematch. Ask @bigdaddyreg as I think that’s how he got his.

When they drove the car to the lot while I was inside the SC, I could see the subtle difference of color between the bumpers and the rest of the body. Look closely at the edge of the bumper and the edge of the hood, you will see an extra film on the bumper. It will look like a screen protector except a way softer feel.
The PPF they sell and/or give away isn’t great and, as people have said, is very obvious on the car. It’s still better to get it done custom if you want real protection that doesn’t look like someone put a screen protector on your car’s exterior.

Reactions: theluckeys
It’s not rejection. It’s inability to accept delivery due to timing, not having the funds, or some other reason you’re delaying. They’re not giving a rejected car due to quality, etc. They absolutely do this type of rematch. Ask @bigdaddyreg as I think that’s how he got his.
this plus i doubt many people reject deliveries. your avg tesla user isn’t looking for *sugar* like panel gaps-they're taking the car they’re matched with. having had to postpone delivery 3 times, that’s probably a lot more likely than someone’s “reject”, and to be honest I’d take a picky redditor’s reject any day 😂

Do they really review logs of who is using lumbar? That’s crazy. Wish they paid that much attention to paint and panel gaps!

Also, it is 100% BS that they raise prices but remove radar, lumbar, etc. Other manufacturers face the exact same issues and haven’t raised prices in a similar fashion.

The fact is it’s supply and demand for Teslas. Tesla could raise prices on the 3 and Y by $1,000 and see no difference in demand. They do it because they can. I can’t fault them for that. Apple does the same thing. Everyone said $550 headphones was absurd. But they sold out and remain in high demand.

Has anyone who got the “3 - 13 week delivery” notification change in the last few days seen any new activity? I figure there are only two reasons why this was done to so many people. 1) it’s a placeholder for all upcoming Q2 deliveries or 2) Tesla still has -currently unknown to the public- supply, production, and/or delivery issues preventing customer delivery and unable to determine delivery times.

Either way just need to sit back, relax, and enjoy the entertainment with others in the same situation.

Reactions: Emmadiane
Do they really review logs of who is using lumbar? That’s crazy. Wish they paid that much attention to paint and panel gaps!

Also, it is 100% BS that they raise prices but remove radar, lumbar, etc. Other manufacturers face the exact same issues and haven’t raised prices in a similar fashion.

The fact is it’s supply and demand for Teslas. Tesla could raise prices on the 3 and Y by $1,000 and see no difference in demand. They do it because they can. I can’t fault them for that. Apple does the same thing. Everyone said $550 headphones was absurd. But they sold out and remain in high demand.
You also set the lumbar position once and never touch it again…

Has anyone who got the “3 - 13 week delivery” notification change in the last few days seen any new activity? I figure there are only two reasons why this was done to so many people. 1) it’s a placeholder for all upcoming Q2 deliveries or 2) Tesla still has -currently unknown to the public- supply, production, and/or delivery issues preventing customer delivery and unable to determine delivery times.

Either way just need to sit back, relax, and enjoy the entertainment with others in the same situation.
3-13 weeks for me since Saturday night. Prior to that, I had no dates since Thursday.

I am by no means giving Tesla or Elon the benefit of the doubt here, but I think it's at least possible that once they realized they were facing delays due to shortages, then only at that point did they review logs to see how often the passenger lumbar adjustment was actually being used.

That being said, I am in total agreement with you about the price increases being due to supply issues and chip shortages - it's absolutely BS. They're doing it simply because they can; it's pure supply and demand and we're all a part of that. I'm a perfect example: I've posted multiple times here about how bad the communication and customer service is. I'm one of those people that really wanted the global headlights on the LR and swore I wouldn't order until it happened. Any yet? Here I am, checking my account page every hour like a psycho desperate for my VIN and delivery.

This is why I think more competition in the BEV space is so vital. BMW chose to remove lumbar as well, but they clearly communicated that to their customers and offered a refund. Once more and more premium brands can actually deliver EVs that are on par with Tesla, my hope is it will force them to respond and start paying attention to customer service.

I am by no means giving Tesla or Elon the benefit of the doubt here, but I think it's at least possible that once they realized they were facing delays due to shortages, then only at that point did they review logs to see how often the passenger lumbar adjustment was actually being used.

That being said, I am in total agreement with you about the price increases being due to supply issues and chip shortages - it's absolutely BS. They're doing it simply because they can; it's pure supply and demand and we're all a part of that. I'm a perfect example: I've posted multiple times here about how bad the communication and customer service is. I'm one of those people that really wanted the global headlights on the LR and swore I wouldn't order until it happened. Any yet? Here I am, checking my account page every hour like a psycho desperate for my VIN and delivery.

This is why I think more competition in the BEV space is so vital. BMW chose to remove lumbar as well, but they clearly communicated that to their customers and offered a refund. Once more and more premium brands can actually deliver EVs that are on par with Tesla, my hope is it will force them to respond and start paying attention to customer service.

Yeah. If Tesla removed the lumbar support completely on their own I might believe them but due to the fact that BMW also removed them at the same time makes me think it's actually a supply chain issue.