Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This may not be the correct forum (if incorrect, please gently point me to the correct place) but here goes:

Is there a TESLA representative or someone within TESLA that monitors these forums? With the current state of the delivery system and the frustration and displeasure that many are feeling, it would seem like a good idea for TESLA to keep and ear out and listen to it's customers. Do they really just not care because we have already committed to purchasing a new car? I hope not! The overwhelmed SA's, to the broken EDD information and the apparent lack of outgoing QA the post sales to owner experience is abysmal.
When I picked mine up at Mt. Kisco it was raining and wasn't too crazy about the potential of having to go over the car with a find tooth comb. Unable to find any problems, mentioned this to the SA expressing my concern about all the nigthmare items spoken about (panels and watever). The delivery agent said that they have been very much aware of the feedback and work to correct the issues. I had -0- items, although I found out afterward that even though I mentioned it at delivery, the agent was unaware of it and I have since made out a service ticket. Also, if you've read all 10000 posts, you'll see one for me complaining about my losing my access keys 5 hours after delivery. WELL, today, after some sleep and with the rain stopping and sun coming out, I went out to my "second home" and, low and behold, saw the "billfold" sitting right where you put the phone on the center console. WHAT AN IDIOT I AM. Alls well that ends well.

@AlKreischer , so your white interior LACKS a functional passenger side lumbar? And @with_raiden has a black interior WITH lumbar? And it appears the VINs are all over the place wrt passenger lumbar. This doesn’t make sense, especially with some completely missing buttons and some have buttons that do nothing.
Pardon the crappy photo, Vin 1850 here has passenger lumbar support. My model Y was built on April 20th.

Attachments

• IMG_4901.jpg
    IMG_4901.jpg
    780.2 KB · Views: 78
Reactions: dsandhu
You also set the lumbar position once and never touch it again…
I have to say, when I think about the passenger lumbar deletion, it’s probably something that is insignificant. It just feels very uncomfortable to a first time Tesla buyer that they just change the contract terms without disclosure, to my detriment. I know they often add things too, but that’s kind of compliance 101. You can add without disclosure, but you can’t delete. And waiting to tell you until you are taking delivery, have financing in place, etc just feels wrong. Better said, it diminishes trust. And is probably why so many people still talk about panel gaps, even though it’s mostly resolved. I know they don’t want a PR/ marketing team, but someone needs to be overseeing their brand image/reputation.

Am I still taking delivery of my car? 100%. Literally hit refresh on my order page 30 seconds ago. But am I going to scrutinize everything and report more to their service team, costing them more money, because I don’t trust their disclosure upon delivery? Also, 100%.

Remember that Tesla already controls the drivers seat via the MCU with driver profiles and easy entry.

My guess is that the V11 update will add the ability to change lumbar for both seats via the screen. They might have run into a parts shortage and decided to ship them without the button because they were moving it to the MCU anyways.
Lumbar settings are not saved as part of the driver profile. I hope Tesla change that in V11.

Has anyone who got the “3 - 13 week delivery” notification change in the last few days seen any new activity? I figure there are only two reasons why this was done to so many people. 1) it’s a placeholder for all upcoming Q2 deliveries or 2) Tesla still has -currently unknown to the public- supply, production, and/or delivery issues preventing customer delivery and unable to determine delivery times.

Either way just need to sit back, relax, and enjoy the entertainment with others in the same situation.
I did had 3-13 weeks for a couple of days Now I have a vin number and my delivery day 6-11 to 6-17

Beautiful day for a pick up, all the best! 🤞 enjoy
Been out driving our new MY! What can we say but "Double Super Excellent".

Springfield NJ was loaded with new MY's going out today. Here are our pix.

Our MSM MY with white interior has no passengers side lumbar control. Opened up a service ticket for the control button and a small amount of Frunk trim uneven on one side.

Other than that, we tried hard to find misaligned and missing or problems with matches / trim, to no avail. All look good. All features work.

Had to go inside twice, once to open the car, once to pay on acceptance. Glad we had that teller check ready.

Already put on nearly 100 miles and been to the supercharger for a few moments. Our MY had 33 miles and 78% charge on her at pick up today. Did some testing, we could not be more happy. Tested to 90 MPH already... smooth with no vibe and low wind noise with that double pane glass. The Autopilot worked real well including on confusing lane changes on the GSP / NJTPK exchanges. Will keep trying to trick it. New update on deck for tonight, let's see what else happens. Phone key working like a champ.

Cheers!!!!!

Attachments

• IMG_3994.jpg
    IMG_3994.jpg
    585.6 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_3997.jpg
    IMG_3997.jpg
    347.9 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_3991.jpg
    IMG_3991.jpg
    673.6 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_3992.jpg
    IMG_3992.jpg
    572.1 KB · Views: 60
I'm really thinking they are having issues updating the FW. That lot should be damn near empty after the recent VIN giveaway.
When I was picking up on Friday, there was only one or two delivery employees working the appointments. I think one was manning the computer and printing stuff while the other was the “walker”. They were doing a good job, but it was a bit nuts.

View attachment 668233Took delivery in Colorado today. VIN 188XXX. Trade-in process with Model 3 and delivery was smooth. Reminds me of why I love Tesla's process so much than other dealerships. Model Y is almost perfect except for one ding on the trim. Passenger lumbar is not there but PPF on the front and back bumper is included.
The only PPF being added to some cars is a small quarter circle in front of the rear wheels.

What may be perceived as PPF on the front and rear bumpers is actually just sharp edges in the plastic of the bumper from the plastic molding process (I believe). Other panels dont have this because they are metal and formed differently.

The color discrepancy is also due to the raw plastic of the bumpers being a different color than the raw metal color of the other body panels, and translates into slight variation in the final paint appearance. This is a trait commonly found on many other vehicles. Something easy to never notice, but once you do you’ll see it everywhere.

Wanted to share this in case having PPF on the bumpers is important to you, you’ll still need to get it applied.

I went inside the Kansas City SC and talked to a SA today to see where my car is located currently. I have delivery scheduled for 6/10. They told me the car has moved from Fremont to Chicago and is scheduled on a truck to be moved from Chicago sometimes early next week. She also said I can try to call on 6/4 to see if the car has arrived so I may be able to do a 6/5 delivery. Sounds a little too good to be true to be honest. Also if that’s the case, what do I tell my insurance when to start the policy?
Do you see Vin on your account yet?