Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I agree. I don't use lumbar support but my wife does and that's what helped me convince her to get the car.
Ditto, lumbar is more for the wife so I hope our Y comes with it. I'm not done catching up on the thread and hope the mystery is solved by the time I get from page 524 to page 531.

If no front passenger lumbar then we will just go low-tech with a pillow or something similar from Amazon. At least it will be something that can be used in any seat since wife and daughter fight over who gets to ride shotgun.

Last edited:
FINALLY GOT MY VIN. 203XXX so who KNOWS what's going to be included or missing.

200w.gif
Maybe they ran out of steering wheels.. Don't need it.. Use Autopilot!!

Exactly what I wouldn't have wanted to hear, damn. Thank you for the heads-up though, I didn't know that about Sacramento - let's hope it's more in the "put on hold" camp, and less so "refused". By any chance are you aware if Tesla tends to address the issue(s) that the vehicle was potentially refused for? I'm assuming they're doing something at Sacramento right? Or is it just a holding area...

Also, because I'm doing carrier direct, technically I can't refuse. They're transporting my vehicle via third party and that's that - if I have any issues, it's either mobile service, or I'm making an appt. to drive the 8 hours to Denver or Spokane o_O
I am not sure what your configuration is but am quite surprised they would redirect a Sacramento, CA car to Montana. I live in Sacramento and can't believe they couldn't match the config to anyone else within California. San Francisco, rest of the Bay Area, Silicon Valley, and even Los Angeles would have a ton of waiting customers. Teslas in these areas are like Camrys...meaning they're so common. It is Tesla capital in this region and they opt for the cost and extended time to ship it to Montana?!?! No offense intended towards you, @BryanMT.

Been out driving our new MY! What can we say but "Double Super Excellent".

Springfield NJ was loaded with new MY's going out today. Here are our pix.

Our MSM MY with white interior has no passengers side lumbar control. Opened up a service ticket for the control button and a small amount of Frunk trim uneven on one side.

Other than that, we tried hard to find misaligned and missing or problems with matches / trim, to no avail. All look good. All features work.

Had to go inside twice, once to open the car, once to pay on acceptance. Glad we had that teller check ready.

Already put on nearly 100 miles and been to the supercharger for a few moments. Our MY had 33 miles and 78% charge on her at pick up today. Did some testing, we could not be more happy. Tested to 90 MPH already... smooth with no vibe and low wind noise with that double pane glass. The Autopilot worked real well including on confusing lane changes on the GSP / NJTPK exchanges. Will keep trying to trick it. New update on deck for tonight, let's see what else happens. Phone key working like a champ.

Cheers!!!!!

Congratulations! She looks beautiful! Glad you had such a nice day to enjoy!
Hopefully you were in the middle lane? Only 90 on the GSP? 😂😂 just a normal day 😂 any rear PPF?

Has anyone who got the “3 - 13 week delivery” notification change in the last few days seen any new activity? I figure there are only two reasons why this was done to so many people. 1) it’s a placeholder for all upcoming Q2 deliveries or 2) Tesla still has -currently unknown to the public- supply, production, and/or delivery issues preventing customer delivery and unable to determine delivery times.

Either way just need to sit back, relax, and enjoy the entertainment with others in the same situation.
Yes, I’ve had 3-13 weeks the last couple of days and today I got my VIN, and my SA tells me the car is still in CA (getting it delivered to NJ). Ordered April 22. So, I do think it’s a placeholder.

Our MSM MY with white interior has no passengers side lumbar control. Opened up a service ticket for the control button and a small amount of Frunk trim uneven on one side.

Other than that, we tried hard to find misaligned and missing or problems with matches / trim, to no avail. All look good. All features work.

Had to go inside twice, once to open the car, once to pay on acceptance. Glad we had that teller check ready.

Already put on nearly 100 miles and been to the supercharger for a few moments. Our MY had 33 miles and 78% charge on her at pick up today. Did some testing, we could not be more happy. Tested to 90 MPH already... smooth with no vibe and low wind noise with that double pane glass. The Autopilot worked real well including on confusing lane changes on the GSP / NJTPK exchanges. Will keep trying to trick it. New update on deck for tonight, let's see what else happens. Phone key working like a champ.

Cheers!!!!!
Beautiful car :) I'm glad to see that the quality is mostly good! I'm forced into a home delivery instead of pickup, so seeing consistent feedback where everything is 👍 makes me less anxious about the drop-off. I'd hate to find a serious issue later on which I was unable to point out to the tesla employee immediately.

The only PPF being added to some cars is a small quarter circle in front of the rear wheels.

What may be perceived as PPF on the front and rear bumpers is actually just sharp edges in the plastic of the bumper from the plastic molding process (I believe). Other panels dont have this because they are metal and formed differently.

The color discrepancy is also due to the raw plastic of the bumpers being a different color than the raw metal color of the other body panels, and translates into slight variation in the final paint appearance. This is a trait commonly found on many other vehicles. Something easy to never notice, but once you do you’ll see it everywhere.

Wanted to share this in case having PPF on the bumpers is important to you, you’ll still need to get it applied.

See this other thread where I posted pictures for comparison. People keep making this mistake.

Reactions: sdtown
Beautiful car :) I'm glad to see that the quality is mostly good! I'm forced into a home delivery instead of pickup, so seeing consistent feedback where everything is 👍 makes me less anxious about the drop-off. I'd hate to find a serious issue later on which I was unable to point out to the tesla employee immediately.
The way I see it, if we are home or at the SC and find an issue, take a picture. Then open a service ticket and attach the pic. That should get an appointment for the fix, either at the SC or with Tesla mobile service.

Will let you know what happens for ours, it is set for the SC visit in a few days. As a new car, it should be covered and create no issue.

But in the end, we really tried to find a quality problem like we were inspecting a collectors classic car... all look good, thank you Tesla.

Cheers!!!!!
Looks like all worked out pretty well. Beautiful day for a ride too. Congrats!

Reactions: JerseyShoreMY
Received VIN late 5/27. Two SA's said text to schedule should be received shortly. No text. EDD was switched to current day after VIN receipt, pushed back a day every day. Called MN sales office this morning. They have caller ID -- apologized for not responding to email inquiry from two days prior, then immediately told me I would have to wait for text. Next weekend is fine, but I will be pissed if pushed past that or they try to make me do the 4 hour drive during the week. Appears car has just been sitting on lot waiting for them to catch up on deliveries.

Reactions: dsandhu
Received VIN late 5/27. Two SA's said text to schedule should be received shortly. No text. EDD was switched to current day after VIN receipt, pushed back a day every day. Called MN sales office this morning. They have caller ID -- apologized for not responding to email inquiry from two days prior, then immediately told me I would have to wait for text. Next weekend is fine, but I will be pissed if pushed past that or they try to make me do the 4 hour drive during the week. Appears car has just been sitting on lot waiting for them to catch up on deliveries.
Yeah my SC is 2 hours away from where I live and am worried about a mid-week delivery date as well. Hopefully they try to always give a range that falls close to a weekend. Fingers crossed for ya!

Reactions: Need_Coffee

Cheers!!!!!
She’s a beauty! Congrats — my config is very similar, MSM with the white interior but I opted for the 19” wheels. Really glad to hear fit and finish is greatly improved on these latest deliveries.

Reactions: JerseyShoreMY
After 5 weeks without any EDD, followed by a few days of jumping dates, I received the much awaited VIN tonite - along with yet a new EDD of course. Need to accelerate those aftermarket purchases.

This car is worse than my Harley when it comes to the number of aftermarket options out there.
I laugh at some of these Youtube videos. Cover the paint, cover all the seats, get floor mats, wrap the console, black out the logos and wheels, add a screen protector, cover the pedals. God forbid one original surface is showing!

Elon: “Moving lumbar was removed only in front passenger seat of 3/Y (obv not there in rear seats). Logs showed almost no usage. Not worth cost/mass for everyone when almost never used. Prices increasing due to major supply chain price pressure industry-wide. Raw materials especially.”

I think I will note this as a deficiency -- maybe they will add later when parts become available. Hopefully.

18CCC847-FF39-4240-98B0-6E036E4BCAE8.jpeg

Wanted to ask - I ordered my Model Y on the 21st of May, but never had the “Estimated Delivery” header with a time frame on my account. My order history has always looked like this after completing all the steps they ask for. I noticed everyone else’s screenshots always have a delivery date (whether a date range or x to x weeks) - is this weird or just one of those Tesla things we get used to?

View attachment 668296
Wanted to ask - I ordered my Model Y on the 21st of May, but never had the “Estimated Delivery” header with a time frame on my account. My order history has always looked like this after completing all the steps they ask for. I noticed everyone else’s screenshots always have a delivery date (whether a date range or x to x weeks) - is this weird or just one of those Tesla things we get used to?
Mine has gone back and forth a few times. Nothing to be concerned about.