Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just leaving the Reno SC. They pulled up my account and showed a soft match with a firm production date of 6/4 and delivery date of 6/8. Unfortunately since Reno isn't that big he says the date more than likely will change as they need to wait for enough Reno cars to fill up the transporter.

Same fear I have. My SC is small and I’m afraid that the disdain Tesla appears to have for it’s customers, they’re not even trying to please anyone, as long as their bean counters can count my money before the end of the quarter. I keep refreshing but in the back of my mind I don’t expect my car until the last week of June.

I completely agree/understand what you are saying, but keep in mind they add lots of features/updates without any announcement as well. When Model Y came out it had the same center console as the old Model 3 and they updated that out of the blue, they upgraded the glass to double pane instead of single pane like when it fist came out, they added range with a software update, etc. There is definitely give and take for sure. Hate to see them remove things but it always exciting to see something added that wasn’t expected as well.

It’s the lack of communications from Tesla that makes everything 100 times worse. And their soup nazi attitude.

Here is my timeline for those who are interested.

Config in signature. South Florida location.

Ordered: 5/2 - EDD: 6-9 weeks
5/12: EDD changed to June 1-21
5/17: EDD changed to June 7-27
5/21: EDD changed to 6-9 weeks
5/29: VIN! 195XX Made down payment through link in tesla account. EDD: June 1-5
5/31: Received text to schedule delivery
6/8: Delivery day!

I will be emailing my SC to confirm with them as well. I really wanted this car but tesla keeping me in dark about everything so far is really irritating. Delivery dates, no intimation of moving from radar to tesla vision, no status on when tesla vision will be reliable and now removing features with absolutely no intimation…

6/8: Delivery

6/8: Delivery day!

Back in 2019 April 8 I ordered model 3 LR and I changed color April 28 and got my car May 8th.

This time around completely different story,

ordered April 18 and still did not get my car and already lost radar, lumbar support, they instruct me to do config change to remove FSD instead of using button which cost me now 500$ more.
Now I am not even excited anymore and will stop looking for the dates. How days are passing car is loosing some of the feature and it is now over my head that I do not care anymore. It is already not what I order so I am disappointed

Last edited:
Hang in there all! I just spent time with my new MY. No complaints and build is flawless. Vision works great and it just did OTA update an hour ago. Yeah no lumbar controls passenger side but doesn’t bother me. Lots to explore. Im very happy and my wife is too. Already removed the hubcaps and installed the center caps. Installing 7 spline black lugs tomorrow to complete the beautiful Gemini alloys. Don’t regret if the wait is getting to you. Its well worth it

This kind of behavior together with the cheap materials, bad paint

Back in 2019 April 8 I ordered model 3 LR and I changed color April 28 and got my car May 8th.

ordered April 18 and still did not get my car and already lost radar, lumbar support, they instruct me to do config change to remove FSD instead of using button which cost me now 500$ more.
Now I am not even excited anymore and will stop looking for the dates. How days are passing car is loosing some of the feature and it is now over my head that I do not care anymore. It is already not what I order so I am disappointed
I share you pain brother. Much better experience in 2018

This kind of behavior together with the cheap materials, bad paint

I ordered on 4/9 and still nothing too. I’m seriously contemplating buying a used M3. I just don’t have the excitement anymore and don’t want to continue with this mind f*^%

It’s not rejection. It’s inability to accept delivery due to timing, not having the funds, or some other reason you’re delaying. They’re not giving a rejected car due to quality, etc. They absolutely do this type of rematch. Ask @bigdaddyreg as I think that’s how he got his.
100% correct that is exactly how we got our MY

How can you tell?
The build date or that the sensor is installed in the car?

Build date I asked Tesla. The car was built before they stopped including the radar sensor and my vehicle works as expected on autopilot. Also, I checked the radar sensor is in the car.

AFTER TESLA RELEASES VISION UPDATE HAVING THE RADAR SENSOR MY BE A MUTE POINT. TIME WILL TELL.

I am kinda a tinkerer. Like to find out how things work. Sometimes that means I inadvertently break things while learning. Such is life.

Last edited:
I am curious about this rejection theory. My vin is 186xxx and it was in almost perfect condition. One issue was the charge port door which they are coming out to replace (it wasn’t aligned properly, works perfectly). So I know my car wasn’t a rejection. That’s why I am confused that there is the theory that anything before 200xxx is a refusal.
Remember a lot of these cars in the 180xxx - 181xxx (hard to pinpoint in spreadsheet people not adding their build month) range we’re on containment hold anything 4/27 forward was on hold. So, lots happened for buyers...that made cars be rematches to other buyers. Example: I found not an exact match to my config in LA working with my SA. They buyer for some reason wasn’t ready. So, I grabbed it. The car I ordered is still being built and someone else will get matched to it if they ordered that config or some other buyer will get a car faster then anticipated. Lucky them.

Reactions: geekfam and elguapo
View attachment 668296
Wanted to ask - I ordered my Model Y on the 21st of May, but never had the “Estimated Delivery” header with a time frame on my account. My order history has always looked like this after completing all the steps they ask for. I noticed everyone else’s screenshots always have a delivery date (whether a date range or x to x weeks) - is this weird or just one of those Tesla things we get used to?
Hi there - mine was like this for more than 5 weeks after my order date. It then reverted to actual dates followed by a VIN a few days afterward. This has happened to others on this thread. Take my word for it - otherwise you’ve got 500+ pages you can catch up on.

• Funny
Reactions: elguapo
Looks like Tesla withdrew my down payment this morning, despite my pickup day being this Friday. I had provided my bank details via plaid last week. Not a big deal, but still surprised that they’d take the money several days before I’m scheduled to pick up the vehicle.

Looks like Tesla withdrew my down payment this morning, despite my pickup day being this Friday. I had provided my bank details via plaid last week. Not a big deal, but still surprised that they’d take the money several days before I’m scheduled to pick up the vehicle.
I'm confused. I see the Final Payment text and button to add account info, but is any "Down Payment" required to schedule delivery? I thought I could ignore this and pay full amount due at delivery with cashier's check.

View attachment 668296
Wanted to ask - I ordered my Model Y on the 21st of May, but never had the “Estimated Delivery” header with a time frame on my account. My order history has always looked like this after completing all the steps they ask for. I noticed everyone else’s screenshots always have a delivery date (whether a date range or x to x weeks) - is this weird or just one of those Tesla things we get used to?
call your SA and they can submit it

Are people getting assigned the same VIN? I sorted the tracker by VIN (highest to lowest) and noticed a few people with the same VIN?

1622546061985.png