Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am wondering if I should wait on putting insurance on my car until I get a scheduled delivery date? I vaguely remember people getting their VINs pulled so I would hate to do all the legwork just to have to change it around.
You can give your insurance company all the info except the VIN. 2021 Model Y, LR, etc. Then call back when you take delivery and give them the VIN. It will take 5 minutes. Super easy and not necessary to do before delivery, depending on state. If you must provide before delivery, do it the morning of. Tesla has always accepted proof of insurance on other cars for me, but I live in MD.

I am on of the people who had their vin removed, delivery cancelled, etc. Way less fun than even having dates moved all over.

Mine went out a couple days to 6/15-6/30. Was 6/12-6/30 last Wednesday, then 6/14-6/25, then 6/13-6/30 now 6/15-6/30.

I think Tesla is giving me lottery numbers. It seems it wants the first day to be 14 days from current day I don’t know, I feel like I am trying to figure out some math theory with Tesla.

Actually, I think the worse the date and times look, the closer you are to a VIN and delivery. It’s Tesla’s sadism at work.
Mine did the exact same progression...changed this morning to 6/15-6/30.

Like some of you, woke up to the tightest date range so far. Ordered 5/14, went from 3 - 13 weeks last night to June 20 - 30.

776040D3-E2DA-48CA-9B5A-B7348C7ACF93.jpeg

“In this world, nothing can be said to be certain, except death and taxes... oh and Tesla pushing back delivery dates for no goddamn reason, holy f***. I invented this s***, where’s my electric car, Musk?” - Benjamin Franklin