Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is why I think more competition in the BEV space is so vital. BMW chose to remove lumbar as well, but they clearly communicated that to their customers and offered a refund. Once more and more premium brands can actually deliver EVs that are on par with Tesla, my hope is it will force them to respond and start paying attention to customer service.

Tesla is going to face serious pressure when other brands figure out the charging networks/ software.

I am wondering if I should wait on putting insurance on my car until I get a scheduled delivery date? I vaguely remember people getting their VINs pulled so I would hate to do all the legwork just to have to change it around.
You should be able to ask your insurance rep to price you out a policy, with the VIN provided as I believe in most states the document you upload has to show the new VIN.

They should be able to forward date the new policy to the approximate day of delivery, so you’re not paying insurance for a vehicle that you haven’t taken into your possession yet. The document they provided to me is called ‘Evidence of Insurance’ and is what I uploaded to Tesla to satisfy the insurance proof requirement.

I’m doing carrier direct and having it delivered via 3rd party so I completely guessed since I don’t have any estimated dates, and I just gave my insurance a date about a week out. My rep said I can just call back if I get a more solid date and move the date of activation further (or closer) if need be, nothing with the policy changes.

• Helpful
Reactions: mtx450
Well, that is his excuse to maintain positive PR spin. I don't buy it for a second that they intentionally removed this part from the cars because of logs.

I think the reality is they have supply problems, but instead of risking Q2 deliveries they are taking these measures.

Radar parts were running thin, so spin it as progress towards vision. :rolleyes:

Lumbar parts were running thin, so claim usage metrics drove an obviously unpopular change. :rolleyes:

Elon, we can see through you like your cars see through fog and mist... oh wait.
Passenger side lumbar was the way I convinced my wife to get the car. I may need to reconsider this. I'm going to test drive a mach-e this afternoon. Luckily deliver times are so slow I can change my mind many times :)

Passenger side lumbar was the way I convinced my wife to get the car. I may need to reconsider this. I'm going to test drive a mach-e this afternoon. Luckily deliver times are so slow I can change my mind many times :)
Are you saying that your wife wasn't on board with this purchase until you told her the car had Passenger side lumbar? Maybe I need to read up on the benefits of having that feature because I'm missing something here. It could be one of those features that once you had, you can't go without.

Reactions: morbidz
Or just play dumb and say “it was there when I ordered” and enjoy the ride and have her blame Elon and not you. 🤪

Okay, it’s now become a pattern we’ve seen before. The “3 - 13 weeks” was simply a Memorial Day Weekend placeholder. Not the first time we’ve seen placeholders for other time events.
Simply put, as we are all aware, it’s just Elon providing us entertainment.
I would very much like to unsubscribe from Elon's Entertainment channel 😁

Who do I need to contact to get my financial option changed quickly? My SA put it as pay in full to get a VIN faster (well, we all know that BS doesn’t assure getting a VIN any faster). Last night, I set up my financing through USAA and I need to get the ball rolling.